THR Anterior THR

You were one of the folks who encouraged me to get the trekking poles, and I really liked them while hiking this summer. Actually I found using one when I hiked at elevation to be easier than two---have you found situations where one seems better? I wasn't able to use them as much as I'd hoped though because I tweaked my knee with my big debut, and so was pretty restricted for the end of summer/fall. I don't really need them for my shorter flatland walks but hope to put them to good use again in the spring!

That stinks about your knee and other hip. I'll bet you are so glad you are retired. All that walking on the concrete floors that you did for years really took a toll on your body, didn't it?!?! Hopefully you can manage the pain and keep active at some level, but if you can't, do consider getting the surgery/surgeries so you can move forward and have the surgery in the rear view mirror.

I think it's so cool that you know how to make jewelry---do you make it as gifts, for yourself, to sell? What tools do you use on the metal? Thanks for sharing the photos.

Quick question for you about Arizona---what is the weather like in late February? Hot enough to enjoy outdoor pools, etc? Or better to wait until March? I'm trying to plan a short trip with my daughter/granddaughter and we are considering Phoenix.
 
@Debru4, glad you like the trekking poles. I've used just one a couple of times but normally prefer to use both. Sorry to hear you messed up your knee, when mine hurt really bad a couple of years ago, I got a cortisone shot and did PT. It helped for a while but then I wrenched it again and it hasn't been right since. Did you say you did PT? I can't hike far with my knee the way it is now. I asked my hip surgeon if I could jog on my new hip and he said, to my pleasant surprise, I could jog but not with the knee the way it is. So, I'll have to break down and get it fixed eventually - I'd like to be able to hike a long way and/or run a little.

I'm really enjoying retirement! The jewelry so far has been for myself or gifts. If I get better at it and start actually producing more I might try to sell some. Then I have to figure out the business angle which I know nothing about. I have lots of fun tools, it can be an expensive habit, lol.

February here is balmy and beautiful usually, but for me not warm enough to enjoy a pool unless maybe it's heated. It's kind of unpredictable - average highs in the 70s by late Feb, though I'm pretty sure I remember it hitting the 80s. March has highs in the 70s and 80s but can get warmer. If you are staying at a hotel or resort, you might find one with a heated pool. Since you are from cold country you might be okay without it though. I need at least 100 F. to swim outside if the pool isn't heated. If you decide to come to Phoenix we should have coffee or something.
 
Back
Top Bottom