THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The infected toe saga continues. Two days after I finished antibiotics the infection is back. Just been back to the doctor for more antibiotics.
 
I am sure the second course of antibiotics will fix your sore toe... Are you taking active (alive) probiotics with your antibiotics? Not yogurt, because it usually has sugar in it, in some form and will negate the probiotic.

Also type of sugar product, fruit, flavor in milk or yogurt will interrupt the absorption of calcium. :)
 
Poppet, no I don't have any probiotics, do I need to get these from a health store? Can I still take my vitamins & minerals with antibiotics.

clifford149, thanks. :) is that your puppy in your avatar picture? Very cute!
 
octopus good morning my Kiwi friend..

Yes, you can get the probiotics from the health food store, the better ones are usually refrigerated. Many different probiotics have been studied, and Saccharomyces boulardii and Lactobacillus GG and Bifidobacteria bifidum, it’s wise to look for products that say that they remain viable “through end of shelf life” rather than “at time of manufacture.”

Antibiotics kill the bad bacteria in your body that make you sick, but they also kill the good bacteria. This can disrupt the normal balance in the intestines, leading sometimes to diarrhea. Which Vitamin supplements and minerals are you taking? I can't remember, but have you completed your blood thinning protocol?
 
Poppet, good morning, yes I have finished my blood thinners, about a week ago. I need to get someone to take me to the doctor tomorrow, so might be able to pick some probiotics up then. I take vitamin c, a multi vit, a mineral complex & fish oil. Will the bacteria be restored naturally if I don't take a probiotic?

Today I had the energy to do some cleaning that needed doing when I bought the house in October! I was always too sore and exhausted to be bothered before.
 
What a good feeling that must have been octopus. I moved house in January, about 4 weeks before my op and I still have a garage full of boxes that need unpacking. We only did the urgent stuff. My spare room is also a bit of a shocker :yikes: Don't go in there!
I'm hoping to get to the garage before I go back to work.
 
octopus... That is a difficult question to answer, because antibiotics not only kill off the bad bacteria, but also the essential bacteria..

So many variables to repopulating the gut with the "goodies"... general state of health, diet (essential, because too much sugar will also kill off the "goodies"). I personally find that one recovers and feels better quicker when supporting with probiotics.

There is a lot of scientific research findings now stating that inflammation in the body starts in the gut.. and there is lots of R &D money being spent on probiotic research because we are running out of effective antibiotics.. The superbugs are far more smarter, quicker to replicate, copy and replicate.. So probiotics for this girl :)

No problem with your supplementation - good choices :)
 
Thanks Vida. It's only slightly sore, compared to recent events! :)
 
I know, I felt ridiculous complaining about a sore eye!! Hope you are beginning to feel a wee bit better -- rubbish week, best is yet to come.
 
Week 6 Update
Six weeks ago this day seemed a long way off. I feel really lucky to have had such a good recovery so far. I've had a few firsts this week:
- noticed that my operated leg is much easier to lift into bed without helping it
- can lay pain free on incision but not yet sleep on it
- no need for the shower chair
- first movie theatre visit, a bit stiff getting up after but no lasting effects
- no pain relief needed
- crashed and burned, still feel a bit fragile, trying to avoid anything stressful.

Also this week:
- pain from buttock down to ankle when laying down has gone
- still using one crutch but pain is less
- still struggling with infected toe, on second course of antibiotics
 
Great update, apart from your toe, your recovery is classic text book my good Kiwi friend :)
 
Pic of my new hip.
[Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
Allycat Just popped over to your thread to take a look at your X-ray, yes they are really different, aren't they? I suppose there are many different types of implants, and ways of securing them. Mine isn't screwed or cemented.
 
Nice looking implant octopus.. yes there are so many different types, shapes etc...
 
I will ask my OS when I see him, but I am assuming I have screws because the pelvis side of things was a bit of a mess. All he said in hospital was the joint was really fused, and they had a hard time dislocating the hip. I had numerous bruises up and down my leg to attest to this. My GP had also said that if I left my surgery much longer, it could actually be compromised and not have a positive outcome. I will NOT let the other side to get that bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom