Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that the road to recovery is still bumpy for you. Let us know what happens with the return to work, as hopefully you will be getting a little stronger every day now.
 
Thanks Firebrand. It's not too bumpy, thankfully. I consider myself lucky, I've had a really good recovery, aside from the little matter of the toe. It's looking better this afternoon. I'm hoping the antibiotics are finally dong the trick.
 
Hi octopus Glad you are feeling a little better today. You need to rest at the moment until you are fully better. Work will still be there when you are back on top x
 
So pleased to read that your 'tootsie' is feeling better and the antibiotics are working :)
 
Thanks Kim22, Poppet, & zauberflöte. I feel even better today. A friend cam around to see me and she brought with her an art project (and all the materials needed) for us to do if I felt up to it and food too! So we ate and did art for about 5 hours. Just the tonic I needed. I was really touched, such a thoughtful idea.
 
What a lovely friend.. What sort of art project was it ?
 
Poppet, we both do art journals, so it was a couple of techniques she saw tutorials of online. She even brought her ipad to watch the tutorials first. Here's a wee pic of one of the pages. [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
Progress report: I went without a crutch today for most of the day, feels weird after using one for so long, but I think it's more in my mind than physically. Although it does feel different walking with two legs the same length. :)
 
Well done. It takes time for you whole body to adjust to the new walking gait. Take care not to do too much. We all tend to think we are in a race.
Have a good day
:kittykiss:
 
Fantastic my dear Kiwi friend octopus.... You have found your 'sea legs' :) - great isn't it?

I am very impressed with the Journal Art, how beautiful :)
 
oh how gorgeous octopus !! Like a sketchbook for watercolorists? I wish I could do that...
hooooray no crutch! pleeeease don't stub "that toe" now that you don't have a big strong protector for it LOL :)
 
Thanks millie4162, it is easy to forget once the pain goes and we get more active. I'm still feeling tired so I like nothing better than to lay down and watch a movie or something. It sounds like you've really been through the mill, so many hip surgeries. I hope you are doing better now.

Thanks Poppet & zauberflöte. I'm pleased to be getting rid of the crutch, one less thing to trip on. Thankfully I will need to wear winter shoes soon and my feet will be safe until December! :)
 
I found when I went back to work in my most comfy Pre surgery shoes, I ended up with problems with my feet. This was because I had a severe Trendelenburg gait pattern (or gluteus medius lurch) which is an abnormal gait (as with walking) caused by weakness of the abductor muscles of the lower limb, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus Pre surgery so my shoes had worn down in that pattern.

Post surgery because I was standing up straight and did not have the pelvic tilt, I ended up with blisters on my heels and sides of my feet.

I got a pair of Zeira very soft leather short boots, which are very light weight, supportive around my ankles and oh so comfortable...

Food for thought Diane as I had been wearing Crocs since the surgery.
 
They are, I wear long straight skirts mostly now a days, don't like my jeans anymore and the little boots, all different colors, with muti colored socks are fun!

As I am building up my stocks for retirement, I buy a pair of each new color as soon as they come out... I have a happy feet collection :)
 
Thanks Poppet, I hope my shoes will do, especially my knee length boots, can't afford to replace those.
 
Hey Diane, well done on beating the toe infection off, it seems to be fairly common for us to get a string of minor ailments after THR surgery. Your artwork is so gorgeous. Do you ever do big canvasses? I can just imagine those pages in a larger format. Sell a couple: you could buy some very posh new boots. I hear you on the footwear front, I am a hopeless shoecoholic.
 
Thanks Vida. No I haven't done any canvases but would really like to. I must make a plan to give it a go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom