Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
octopus , great progress report except for that poor toe! Is it something you can put an antibiotic ointment on as well? Antibiotics are a major pain. I was just apologizing to my 26 yr old that i was one of the people who'd helped develop these super strains, by allowing him and his brother to take prophylactic low doses of amoxycillin during the winters for several years each, b/c of all their ear infections.:sad:
 
Allycat, sounds like you got your hip done just in time.

zauberflöte, I saw a different doctor yesterday and she did a swab to send away and make sure that I'm on the correct antibiotics. She has also got me to soak my foot three times a day in a tub of warm water with a teaspoon of janola, and push back the cuticle, checking for yucky and lifting the edge of the nail away from the skin. She was concerned that the nail might be ingrown, but I'm happy to say that it's not. She said it might not heal until the ingrown nail had been fixed, thankfully I won't have to do this as well. I feel a lot happier about this, it's good to be active in my own treatment and I feel relieved that someone is checking on the type of infection it is. She said I would be extremely unlucky for it to travel to my hip.
 
I would imagine the infection is very localized.. Looking forward to a report of the culture, my Kiwi friend :)
 
Hi octopus The hip is recovering so well but it's a shame about your toe. It's good that a swab has been done to enable the correct course of antibiotics to be prescribed. Just a thought but have you considered seeing a podiatrist who can do the foot treatments for you ?
 
octopus what's janola? (ack! :yikes: I just looked it up, we call it Clorox. That'll kill it for sure!!!!) I didn't realize what kind of infection you were talking about-- Nurse Mom here would soak it in warm water with Epsom Salts, and maybe even use ichthamol ointment on it to draw out the infection. Speaking from experience.... LOL
 
Thanks zauberflöte (nurse mom)! I'm going to go to the doctor today, my own one, not the local a & e. Although they have been checking my temperature each time I go and it's normal, I still feel hot most of the time and very little movement can make me feel like I'm about to combust. At night it's a nightmare, waking up sweating all the time, like I'm in a sauna. I'm still only using a summer weight blanket, although its cooler here now. I don't feel quite right, with a small headache too.
 
Nurse Mom says octopus should definitely take these symptoms to the dr. HOWEVER..... I see that you are 45.....and female....I have felt your symptoms before....at that age....there's a name for that.....:wink: ? It would be very nice if it was just hormonal in origin. We do not want you to be having an infection, oh no we don't :)
 
zauberflöte, yes, has been crossing my mind that this could be the case. It's supposed to be my first day of work but I don't feel up to it.
 
I still feel hot most of the time and very little movement can make me feel like I'm about to combust. At night it's a nightmare, waking up sweating all the time, like I'm in a sauna.
This is me since coming home from hospital! I am always sooooooo hot. I'm blaming my stockings, but I don't know. I have ceiling fans in my house and they are on constantly. During the night I kick off the blanket and just lie under the fan. We are having an unusually warm Autumn, but I am way hotter than everyone else.
 
Allycat, I'm glad I'm not alone!

Just went to the doctor, I have a low grade temp and elevated heart rate. She's done blood cultures to check up what might be wrong with me, toe still infected. And I have another two days off work.

On the plus side, I drove yesterday! I am free!! :happydance:
 
Happy to hear you are driving Diane, sad to hear that your toe is not getting with the healing program. Let us know how you get on with the blood work, take care, Vicki.
 
Dang toes. Can't live with 'em, can' live without 'em... I hope that it starts feeling better soon and that you get that pesky infection cleared up quickly! I know you were so looking forward to getting back to work :wink: So seriously, you got to get that toe in order. How do you expect to do any beach walking if you can't bury your toes in the sand? Hope you heal up soon!
 
Hi octopus- I dropped by to see how you were doing and saw that the pesky toe is still bothering you. I hope this second course of antibiotics takes care of it. I agree with zauberflöte about the Epsom salts soak. My mom has had a time of it with her toe, but it finally seems to be healed. When we are sure, we are going to go out for a celebratory dinner :) How is your mental state doing? I see you started driving. Isn't the freedom wonderful? Being able to get out on your own should help a lot. Sending good healing thoughts your way!
 
Thanks dede62 & nerdgrrl! I'm feeling a bit better today, I think my temperature has dropped. I've been catching up on the second series of "Once Upon A Time", which I recorded in the early days after surgery. I'm loving it, I think it's really well done, so this has kept my mind off things. I had more blues yesterday, not too bad, felt a bit better after a visit to the doctor and the diagnosis that what I was feeling was not all in my head, and it was ok to stay home and rest for a few more days. Really need to get back to work, it's been seven weeks off now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom