Guest viewing is limited

THR 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

@Yokesgirl awesome to get out and it makes you feel like a real human again. I had a few days that were "oh so blue", but today is a lot better. I only need my cane sometimes. Still need to get used to this new hip when I get up from bed or sitting. Once I get used to it, I am actually walking okay. I bring my cane along just in case because people look at me and think I'm all normal. Balance is a challenge and I found icing and elevating (thought I can't seem to do it as often as others on this site) is really helping. Take a look at my thread and you can see more. Hang in there. You'll have highs and lows.
 
So glad things are moving forward.
Still have a few months where you will have to "behave" but you will be so happy you've done this!
We are superheros, bionic and strong!:tada:
 
Can someone tell me please how do you see post of people that you follow on their threads? Also whats best to use on incision once its healed to lessen scar. P.S. today was another good day:) :-) (:Also when are you allowed to bathe, i see OS next week. I am not a shower person.
 
@Yokesgirl I am striving to be like you with no cane. I am glad I found your thread because you inspire me. We are both at one month (you are just a few days ahead of me). It is a big turning point and I like being more active, but not over doing it. You go girl and hope your weekend is amazing.
 
Hi @Yokesgirl
I'd advise you check with the office of your OS on bathing. That protocol varies widely from surgeon to surgeon. I can share that I was advised no baths, lakes, pools, hot tubs etc, basically no submersion, until I was three months post op.

I will also share what I used to gently massage into my incision.
Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E. I bought both the squeeze bottle and the Balm in a jar. I preferred the squeeze bottle over the Balm because you had to rub and rub to get any on your fingers, or gouge it with a fingernail - yuk!

I've also read of some using Bio-Oil which I've had in the past. I didn't care for it because it's too oily.
Strictly personal preference.

Your good days are turning into a good week. I'm happy for you, you're doing great.
Wishing you a lovely weekend!
 
Good Morning, Yokesgirl. I hope you are continuing to improve. I'm a week ahead of you and it's been pretty steady improvement with a few minor ODIC episodes. I've been getting out and about and drove this week (not that an LA driver is excited to get back on the road! LOL!). I agree about the pleasure of reading. My hubby is a true moving buff and can watch movies all day. I can get onto my bed and read the day away. What are you reading?
 
@luvsibes Thanks. I am doing much better. I used to be a reader but somehow cannot find anything to keep my interest. Any sggestions? How are you feeling?
 
Woohoo went in my pool yesterday first time since first week of June. Only had 1 1/2 pain pills today. Little tight around the incision though. Forgot my cane half of the day. Walking in that pool was great almost ready to dive.:heehee:
 
Good for you getting back into the pool...sounds like fun!
Less meds, forgetting your cane all signs you're progressing.
You've been doing so well @Yokesgirl I'm happy things are looking up for you.
Hope you have a great week!
 
Good morning all. I have been doing more things everyday for short periods, my problem is endurance. When shall this pass? My calves also get very tired. Have a great day.
 
Hi there,
That's pretty normal at 5 weeks. I think you'll just notice your endurance increase little by little. Our body's energy supply isn't limitless. So when we're in healing mode after major surgery our energy will be used for healing first, not leaving a great reserve for all the other activity of daily life. It is completely normal to feel easily depleted for quite some time. How long....most likely relates to your body's rate of healing.
Rest and sleep whenever you're able. You're still in the very early days of recovery.

Here is an article on Energy Drain from the Recovery Guidelines.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/energy-drain-for-thrs.12415/

Hope the rest of your day is great.
@Yokesgirl
 
@Layla thanks again for the link. It makes sense now. It is just I feel like my energy will never come back. I live a very hectic lifestyle. As I am sure we all do. I know I shouldnt be but I fel like I am getting depressed and I so dont want to go there again. I am sorry if I sound like I am whining, this is sooo out of character for me.:shrug:
 
It's okay, you're not whining. You're just reaching out and sharing and that's what we're here for.
You may have a few ups and downs, but as you just experienced, it doesn't last so try to stay focused on that. Get lots of rest. Sleep when you're able, eat as clean as possible and exercise sensibly for your stage of recovery. And stop by often. You can come here every day, every hour if you want. You'll always find someone willing to support and encourage you. You can do this. You are doing this and you've been doing great!
Sending a hug your way :console2:I hope today is brighter :SUNsmile:
@Yokesgirl
 
Seems slow, but there is a lot of deep healing going on.
Here's my favorite recovery chart
[Bonesmart.org] 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

Keep the faith, it does keep going up...:)
 
Thanks @Layla for the article on energy and healing. I am finding that I am still napping most afternoons.
@Yokesgirl - it sounds like you are progressing well! Wishing you a great day today!
 
My follow up tomorrow I am confident:yahoo: restrictions wiil be lifted hopefully this 90 degree rule. How long do we need this restriction. I had posterior approach. Love this group.❤
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom