Guest viewing is limited

THR 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

@Yokesgirl
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. The June Sunbeams group is really just so you can see who is having surgery the same month as you. You still need to put updates in your own threads.

Please don't start new threads.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
@Celle sorry I meant to send it to june sunbeamers recovery not sure how to do that.
 
Good evening hope everyone in the group is feeling hippity hoppity(corny I know) I had my TLH on 6/11 finally walking without cane. I am feeling great. Overdid it today but ice,ice,and more ice is the best relief.

Awesome, I am so happy you’re feeling great.[emoji122]
 
Hi everyone . Well today I drove my self to get my much needed hair done. Didnt want hubby to drive 20 mts. then come back and pick me up. After walking out of there a lil sore but feeling great thanks to much needed haircut and dye job I felt like I was on top of the world. Home icing now but boy did it feel good to get some indepence back. I am starting to like this piece of metal in me.
 
:wave:@Yokesgirl
Isn't it grand...getting back to human being status!
Life without hip pain is worth the recovery struggles!:yes!:
 
So glad to see you’re no longer regretting the surgery! :dancy: Which approach did you use?
 
My mission was I was going to my me and my husbands remote cabin 2 .5 hours away in Somerset County . Saturday my husband loaded the truck our new rescue beagle and all. After only stopping twice to move around some we arrived. Sheer bliss before my eyes. Even though its only been 7 weeks since I have been there, it was like just buying it 11 years ago. Hip was sore some boy oh so worth it. Our cabin is like a ranch home so it was great not having to walk any stairs. Walked the dog and relaxed for 2 wonderful days. Will be going back in 2 weeks. We usually go every other weekend year round. I honestly believe it was all your great advice that my mission was accomplished. Next mission get a nice long:bath: still a little nervous for that. Have a blessed night. Much love to you all.
 
Glad to hear you've gotten some "vacation" albeit in recovery mode.
Enjoy your time...the cabin sound heavenly!:angel:
 
@Yokesgirl
Look at you coming a long way positive since your first post!
I've not followed along for awhile but wanted to tell you my
First bath after restrictions lifted was heaven!
Took a bath every night til my next surgery in June!
And my next soak comes this Friday night!:bath:
 
How nice you and hubby made it to your cottage. It sound peaceful and romantic.
I hope you're able to get there more often, very soon.
You're doing great! Look how far you've come. Keep up the good work.
@Yokesgirl
 
@BeBe I sure cant wait for my bath. May try this weekend. Just curious how do you get in and out with 90 degree restriction?
 
Hi @Yokesgirl
I have a big deep stand alone tub ( like a claw foot) and just grab the sides and lower myself down with most weight on my arms and surgical leg straight out. Non surgical leg can bend and help support weight.
Getting out is trickier as you bend nonsurgical and lift out with arms doing most of it. Again with surgical leg straight. This would be harder with a shallower tub I think. Depends on how you fit your tub.
I practiced with my husband there with no water in and it was ok but easier with water in as I was more buoyant.
Now that I have my right hip at four months but still not 100% and left is the new surgical hip I will have to practice again.
Even though I had the SuperPath approach my OS still recommends 90 precautions and for me he said 3-4 months
because I have EDS. Since I've had both hips done this might be tricky since I am a bit weak still.
 
@BeBe Thamks so much for the great advice. I do have a shallower tub with shower doors on it. I am going to try this tomorrow. I also was told 12 weeks. I hope you are recovering well. Cannot imagine 2 hips that close apart. I love claw tubs. I will let you know how it works out.
 
Today was the best day by far. Visited my mom at personal car home,showered her and did her hair. Something I havent been able to do for 7 weeks, the staff was great helping shower her since I couldnt. Came home made stuffed peppers from our garden, my husband picked them didnt want to push it bending down that far. The best part of my day was taking my 3 year old grandson to our church fair just us two. I have been so longing just him and me time. I felt amazing, seen old friends and the smile on my grandsons face everytime he won a prize made the slight pain I had so worth it. Now home icing and posting to my favorite group. Tomorrow ready for round two.:yahoo:
 
:hi:You sound like you are doing very well @Yokesgirl .
Glad you were able to spend time with your grandson and start getting back to life.
I hope today is a Good Day.
 
Hey @Yokesgirl
Just dropping by to say Hi on this Saturday morning.
It's going to be another hot one in my neck of the woods.
Hope all is well with you. Shoot us an update when you're able.
Best wishes for a great weekend!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom