THR 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

Hopefully you are right and the restrictions are lifted tomorrow. The protocol on this topic varies from surgeon to surgeon, Just as it does on so many other topics.
I experienced posterior approach also, but with no restrictions. I was advised to move slowly and carefully and if anything hurts, STOP. So you have two different opinions on restrictions right there.

I hope you've had a good day and wish you luck on your follow up tomorrow.
Update us afterward, if you care to share. Would love to hear...
Hugs
@Yokesgirl

Feeling great f/u appt. with OS today. All restrictions lifted except 90 degree 2 more months and that is lifted. I can live with that. Walked in with no cane didnt need it at all today. Carry it for safety. Had bad day yesterday due to overdoing it day before. Ice a moist heat and woke up today feeling good. :yes!:

Great news @Yokesgirl !
Yeah, it never hurts until we stop:umm:
It's how we find our boundaries though so glad you took some extra TLC for that hip.
I think, for five weeks out, you are doing fabulously!
Onward:yahoo:

Wonderful news!
Always reassuring to get a thumbs up from the doc.
You're doing well. Keep it up.
Hope your weekend is all you want it to be.
@Yokesgirl

Awesome @Yokesgirl you are doing great and we both went caneless to our appointments today:wowspring:I guess with Posterior approach there are more restrictions. Keep up all the amazing progress.

Hope you have a great weekend @Yokesgirl
All has been looking up for you. So happy to see it.
May it only get better.
Hugs :friends:

@Yokesgirl only restrictions I have is hyper extending leg both to the side and back for one more week and warrior pose (which I don't really do often). After that I should be able to do anything as long as it feels good. The Happy Hipster is having more good days than bad ones now.

Good news, Yokesgirl! It's nice when restrictions are lifted. I still am restricted with the 90 degree thing, rotating inward, and the mid-line until the magic 3 month mark!

@luvsibes if we made it this far we can live with them restrictions for a little while longer wouldnt you agree? Hope you are doing good.

@Yokesgirl..thanks for asking. Good days and bad ones..I think I have trochanter bursitis from the surgery. That stinks but at least there’s reason for this continuing pain in my hip. I see the OS next week.

I drove to grocery store today..my first time driving since surgery. We bought too many things for the express line, so I bailed and left my husband to wait on the long Saturday morning line.
This reminded me , I have to plan ahead, make a small shopping list , and not go at peak times.
What’s that saying? ..no plan is a plan to fail :no-fin:

It’s 6 weeks since surgery..I wish I was better than I am.
I made a vision board , marking off the days until 12weeks..my original date to be all new , again.

To more good days , Cheers!
AR2

@AnnieRose2 sounds like something I would do, go wait in the car lol. I got the ok to drive I feel nervous to try. How was your drive?

Once you're off the heavy narcotics, don't be nervous to drive @Yokesgirl.
You'll do great. It's one more step toward independence without hip pain!
It's not scary at all. All you need to do is have hubs drive you to a parking lot where you can practice and make sure you're comfortable hitting the brake. You had your left hip replaced anyway and unless you drive with both feet, which I doubt, you should be golden! Practice in your neighborhood if you're able, instead of a parking lot. Let us know how it goes :driver:

Last edited:
@Yokesgirl , I have a small SUV , high off ground , so getting in / out the car is easy.
Practice like Layla said.
I was with my hubby at grocery store. I’m not so sure if I’m ready to go out shopping on my own.
I plan on visiting my friend’ s homes soon.
I gotta get outta this house.
I miss my gym , my swim class... just being out and about. My independence

Good evening hope everyone in the group is feeling hippity hoppity(corny I know) I had my TLH on 6/11 finally walking without cane. I am feeling great. Overdid it today but ice,ice,and more ice is the best relief.

I meant for this thread to go to @junesunbeamers so if it came on my thread if it did.

That's great!

I'm on my 4th week and really happy as well with my progress.
Keep on with the good work!
:thumb:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks