Guest viewing is limited

2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dovemck We live in Ponte Vedra, FL, a couple hours north of Ocala and on the Atlantic coast (just south of Jacksonville and just north of San Augustine). We haven't lived here long, only a couple of years. I like Florida very much! I've heard Australia is absolutely beautiful. One day I'd like to visit there.
 
@dovemck Welcome to bonesmart! Great place to prepare for surgery, and recovery. My husband will have his 2nd knee done Aug 6th.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @Crow22, @ljrfrm (bilateral)
05 August 14 @letsgo, @sunny-island, @ready2go (bilateral), @ATPlus
06 August 14 @tiredwife 's hubby (his second)
07 August 14 @Roxnshells (bilateral), @sistahbear
12 August 14 @mary64 (her first)
13 August 14 @hiway9380
14 August 14 @Mckeaty
18 August 14 @chudiebell
19 August 14 @Ladyluck
21 August 14 @2boxers
22 August 14 @JanetK (her second), @mystikfairy61
25 August 14 @Crazy Cats (her second partial)
26 August 14 @Jasminethecat
27 August 14 @rosietosie (bilateral), @Chrys
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well there has been a change in my surgery date. Doctors office called me today and had to move me to August 22nd. Thanks for making the change for me.
 
I just got home from the testing and Dr visit. He said everything looks very good. He asked me if I was ready and I told him "let's go" . He said great that he was sharpening his scalpel. Hehe August 5th is a go for it.
 
@letsgo We are Aug 5th teammates, you and I. Don't know what exactly to expect on the other side but I'm so ready to be there.
 
@sunny-island and @letsgo You will both be a day ahead of hubby. Just remember to keep ahead of the pain, and don't let anyone do anything that causes pain in the new knees. So your new knees in August makes you part LEOs. I am a LEO by birth, we are tough! You will do great.
 
@letsgo stupid computer just dumped everything I just typed! Short of it is the new knees are the Leos and Leos are bossy, so the new knees are the boss! But you have to be the boss of PT for your knees because even if they may pop and creak once in a while they have no voice for themselves. Actually my husband's only creaked a couple of times.
 
@ready2go Welcome to bonesmart! You will find lots of helpful info on this forum, and there are tons of great people. Feel free to ask anything, someone here will have the answer!
 
Ok, I am totally new to Forum stuff, so let me know if I do something wrong. I read thru the rules & regs, but I may have missed something.

My RTKR is scheduled for Aug 18, 2014

I read that I was suppose to start a new thread also. What is that for and what should I name it? The date of surgery?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@chudiebell, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

chudiebell, if you wish to share info about yourself, ask questions, etc. you start a thread of your own in the Knee Replacement Pre Op forum. When you click the "Start a New Thread" button in the upper right had corner of the page, you will get an area to put in whatever title you want for your thread, then tab down to the dialogue box and post whatever you'd like. You may also post in other members' thread with questions and comments.
 
Just got off the phone - my surgeon is changing the date from August 6th to July 30. OMG, day after tomorrow!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom