2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@letsgo We are a little behind, 37 years for us. I am lucky in that I don't work except watch the grandson (3 years old) I had them find another sitter for the week of the surgery. It would be just too much. Hubby is hurting without his diclofenac. You can probably take Tylenol to help a little with the pain, hubby can.

There are a lot of us up for next week. Good luck everyone! Be sure and remember what we have learned from everybody here.:prayer:

@tiredwife I can't be more ready! Tylenol does nothing for me. I am trying to stay in good spirits but this pain is getting very depressing. Shoulders, back, left knee and the whole right leg. Sorry for the poor-me this morning. I know everyone is hurting. Well off to church. Probably the last time for a little while. Puttin' on a happy face ! :)

@letsgo hubby has OA in so many joints it isn't funny. So he is right there with you on the pain. He is such a good natured guy that if you didn't know him well, you wouldn't see the pain until it is awful. Hate seeing him in pain. But soon it will be done and the healing will be done and at least 2 of his joints will be better!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

aug-logo-1-jpg.22381

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @Crow22, @ljrfrm (bilateral)
05 August 14 @letsgo, @sunny-island, @ready2go (bilateral), @ATPlus
06 August 14 @tiredwife 's hubby (his second)
07 August 14 @Roxnshells (bilateral), @sistahbear
12 August 14 @mary64 (her first), @Lauramacky (her second)
13 August 14 @hiway9380
14 August 14 @Mckeaty, @vma, @Dlekapj
18 August 14 @chudiebell, @Sally104
19 August 14 @Ladyluck
21 August 14 @2boxers, @NetballKnees (her second)
22 August 14 @JanetK (her second), @mystikfairy61
25 August 14 @Crazy Cats (her second partial)
26 August 14 @Jasminethecat, @kaydubs
27 August 14 @rosietosie (bilateral), @Chrys
28 August 14 @fibermizer (her second)

My LTKR was supposed to have been July 10. On July 9 I received a call saying there was an issue with some of the pre-admit tests. Now that all of that is straight, I am back on the schedule for August 14 and getting more nervous as the day approaches.

Hi Jamie ... My RTKR is 21 August - almost 10 months after LTKR. I wasn't in any groups for the LTKR and did not receive an official Kneesie from bottomshollow, so looking forward to all that this time. Thanks Jamie.

aug 15.jpg
@NetballKnees, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

(I always feel a bit silly with the August pictures for you folks downunder where the weather is just the opposite from what we're having in the States.)

Thanks @bottomshollow ... Don't feel too silly .... here in Queensland we have had a very mild winter and even had a prolonged period with temps in the high 20s(Celsius). We only have winter for about a week. :heehee:

@tiredwife ... all the very best for hubby today. I often read your thread and think how lucky he is to have someone like you caring for him. Though he must be just as caring otherwise you wouldn't be so caring back (if you can understand that convuluted sentence). Thinking of you both today ... Hugs ... Ellen

@NetballKnees Thaank you! Yes he is a very sweet guy. He was in a bad motorcycle accident once and at the time I had been sick. When I got to the site of the accident (just after the ambulance arrived) he just kept asking how I was. He had cracked ribs, hide off one ankle, a fractured collar bone, and cut chin; but kept asking how I was.

@vma Sorry I haven't welcomed you earlier. Hubby had his second knee yesterday. His first was May 28th, 2014, so they are 10 weeks apart. It is normal to be nervous, but you can find all the things you will need to help with recovery on this forum. Ask anything, and I believe there are many people who can answer your questions. Realize that over 700,000 TKR's are done a year in the US. Your surgery team does it all the time, finding a surgeon you trust is important, and then put your trust in his or her hands. I just realized, I think the majority of the people on her have male surgeons! Wonder if any have female ones? Sorry, mind is wondering because of lack of sleep, spent the first night in the hospital with hubby and didn't get much sleep, going to sleep in my own bed tonight. Try to relax! Many on here say anticipation is worse than the surgery.

I'm scheduled next Thursday, Aug. 14 for a RPKR. I asked the doctor about why a unicompartmental rather than a TKR and he said that my medial side is bone on bone but the rest of the knee is normal. Except. That he did find that I had some signs of arthritis in the knee cap. He still felt a PKR was best for me, as he said I could still have a very good ROM as I'd be keeping all my ligaments and he felt it would be best considering I wanted to keep an active lifestyle. I think he knows I plan to run. He reminded me that running was not "recommended" on a PKR..and left it at that, very obviously. Anyway, I was thrilled to finally have a date...except my daughter may be getting induced to have my granddaughter the day before... I considered changing the date, but I can't. I need this too bad. I'm so tired of the pain and ready to have my life back again.

@Dlekapj Welcome to the August list of knee surgery. Hubby just had his second one Wednesday and is doing great. The 14th will be here before you know it, make sure all loose throw rugs are picked up and that you have a clear walking path through your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks