2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I'm interested too in what constitutes the length of a surgical incision. I will say I love seeing my tidy knee with the glue and no staples. It has a patch over it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Thanks @tiredwife! The incision I currently have is about 4 inches, I'd say.
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1408393941.530941.jpg

@tiredwife. Yes that looks like mine although further along the healing process. I have a waterproof bandage on top so I need to take a pic when the bandage isn't on. I want to ask my PT when she comes to change the bandage lol. They are expensive bandages and I hear are hard to handle and I don't want to waste one! Your knee looks great!

@tiredwife maybe I'll remember op during my post op the Friday after this one. Yeah right! I can barely remember my name on these meds lol. ;). Ho was everything?

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@Lauramacky All is good, pain is from blood pooling behind knee cap. Now he is done with the blood thinners it will be absorbed by his body. Stitches are out, and they removed the bottom steri strips. OS was pleased.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

aug-logo-1-jpg.22381

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @Crow22, @ljrfrm (bilateral)
05 August 14 @letsgo, @sunny-island, @ready2go (bilateral), @ATPlus
06 August 14 @tiredwife 's hubby (his second)
07 August 14 @Roxnshells (bilateral), @sistahbear
12 August 14 @mary64 (her first), @Lauramacky (her second)
13 August 14 @hiway9380
14 August 14 @Mckeaty, @vma, @Dlekapj
18 August 14 @chudiebell, @Sally104
19 August 14 @Ladyluck
21 August 14 @2boxers, @NetballKnees (her second), @karmarcoux
22 August 14 @JanetK (her second)
25 August 14 @Crazy Cats (her second partial)
26 August 14 @Jasminethecat, @kaydubs
27 August 14 @rosietosie (bilateral), @Chrys
28 August 14 @fibermizer (her second)

Regarding surgical incisions - I think a lot has to do with the OS and his procedure. I know that my OS uses the quad sparing procedure with a minimal incision. I haven't measured mine but my guess is it's at the most 4". That is the typical incision he makes - give or take a bit - so I don't think it has anything to do with size of leg (at least for him).

Good luck to everyone coming up for surgery this week.

If any one is worried about letsgo I heard from her today, she is lurking on bonesmart but is having trouble with typing on her tablet, she is reading peoples threads though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties