Guest viewing is limited

2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dovemck wow, just be glad the waiting will be over sooner!
@chudiebell Welcome to bonesmart! You will find lots of useful info on here, and a lot of good people!
 
Hi! I'm scheduled for surgery on 8/26. I had a patellofemoral arthroplasty in 2011 (LPKR) that failed. Kneecap is tilted. Finally found an OS that believes me that things aren't right in there, and not just telling me to "keep strengthening that quad". He is going to go in and see if he can fix the parts that are already in there, but within 5-10 minutes said he'd know if that's the best thing for me long term...and if not, he will do the LTKR right then.

I am only 40 years old, but I want to be able to be active again and enjoy these years with my 2 active teenagers. I can push through the pain...and have been, but the pain at night and not sleeping b/c of it (or taking pain meds) has finally made my mind up.

Glad I found this board!
 
@kaydubs Welcome to bonesmart. I hope that the surgeon can fix it without the tkr, but best prepare yourself and your home just in case.
 
@kaydubs Welcome to bonesmart. I hope that the surgeon can fix it without the tkr, but best prepare yourself and your home just in case.

@tiredwife thanks! My OS said it's the same incision and same recovery...either way. So I'll definitely prepare my home beforehand. Preparing MYSELF is the harder part. haha
 
@kaydubs You will do fine. This will be my hubby's 2nd knee, he will be 10 weeks post on his 1st knee when he gets the 2nd one done. Can't be too bad if he is willing to go through it all again so soon!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@kaydubs, so pleased that you have joined us here on the forum. If you have not already done so, please start a thread of your own in the Knee Replacement Pre Op forum where you and your questions and concerns will get the attention they deserve.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @Crow22, @ljrfrm (bilateral)
05 August 14 @letsgo, @sunny-island, @ready2go (bilateral), @ATPlus
06 August 14 @tiredwife 's hubby (his second)
07 August 14 @Roxnshells (bilateral), @sistahbear
12 August 14 @mary64 (her first), @Lauramacky (her second)
13 August 14 @hiway9380
14 August 14 @Mckeaty
18 August 14 @chudiebell, @Sally104
19 August 14 @Ladyluck
21 August 14 @2boxers
22 August 14 @JanetK (her second), @mystikfairy61
25 August 14 @Crazy Cats (her second partial)
26 August 14 @Jasminethecat, @kaydubs
27 August 14 @rosietosie (bilateral), @Chrys
28 August 14 @fibermizer (her second)
 
I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. The board has changed since I was here last. My operation is August 12. This is my second knee. I'm getting a bit stressed over it knowing I have to be trapped once again depending on my husband for everything. Is anyone feeling this way?
 
Thanks for adding me! I'm really confused on this new board. I need to figure it out lol.
 
@Lauramacky Welcome back! The forum just went through a big change the other day, so we are all getting use to it together. My husband gets his second knee August 6th. I asked him and he says he isn't stressing about depending on me, he is a little nervous because of the surgery. His main stress is his inability to sleep and whether or not he can get to sleeping better before he goes back to work.
 
@Lauramackey I hate depending on other people. I don't think I will be very good at it. I want to do what is best for recovery though. I keep telling myself if I don't do this right ...then I DEFINITELY WILL BE DEPENDING ON OTHERS ALONG TIME.
 
@letsgo you put an 'e' before her y so that is why it didn't tag her (or turn blue) it is very picky.
How are you doing. Loved ones don't mind helping! And you can make it up to them later. Really with us we have been together for so long that we have each had our share of being the caregiver and care receiver. We don't keep score. Your main help will be them preparing meals, toting things for you, and driving. That will only be for a couple of weeks.
 
@fibermizer Welcome to the August Hot Shots. Hopefully it will be your last! But you will go into it knowing what it is like, although no two knees are the same!
 
@tiredwife thanks for reminding me. My husband and I have been married for 40 years so we have been thru a lot of give and take. I know he is tired. He works everyday and and helps me too. The past week without arthritis meds is really taking a toll . I hurt in places I didn't know I had. No sleeping etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom