Guest viewing is limited

2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewMe welcome to the August group and the whole gang. You won't believe the info and support you will get. I went from "if I should go forward with the tkr " to "CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS DONE".
 
@letsgo wish we were closer, be really neat if you were in the same hospital as my husband! I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @Crow22, @ljrfrm (bilateral)
05 August 14 @letsgo, @sunny-island
06 August 14 @tiredwife 's hubby (his second), @dovemck
07 August 14 @Roxnshells (bilateral), @sistahbear
12 August 14 @mary64 (her first)
13 August 14 @hiway9380
14 August 14 @Mckeaty
19 August 14 @Ladyluck, @mystikfairy61
21 August 14 @2boxers
22 August 14 @JanetK (her second)
25 August 14 @Crazy Cats (her second partial)
26 August 14 @Jasminethecat
27 August 14 @rosietosie (bilateral), @Chrys
 
@tiredwife that would be neat. It would give us something else too keep our minds off our pain and meeting you in person would be super. I think the taking care of the loved one and watching them go thru this would be harder than the one going thru it. NO PAIN MEDS FOR YOU !!:heehee:
 
@letsgo No sleep either! It wasn't easy waiting the 3 1/2 hours he was in surgery. Luckily a nurse in the ER would call me every 30 minutes or so and give me an update. It is always hard to be the one waiting for a loved one in surgery.
 
@sistahbear That is what my husband had. He gets his right one done the 6th. Wishing you a speedy recovery when you get your knee done.
 
Hi, I'm new to this site having just recently found it. What a great resource! My LTKR is set for August 5. I'm so ready for this, but kind of worried, too.
 
@sunny-island Welcome to bonesmart! My husband gets his 2nd TKR the 6th when he is 10 weeks post op on #1. He is so pleased with the first he wants to hurry and get the second done so he can get on with recovery.
This is a great forum with great people and useful information. It is normal to be worried, scared, think about not going through with it. I would say that 99% of the people on here have had the same thoughts. But facing the facts - your knees are only going to get worse unless you have it done! Why continue to live with the pain? Over 700000 knee replacements are done each year. As one person put it 'what is scary for you is a day at the office for the surgical team.' They know what they are doing. So that you get the full benefit of the forum also start your own thread in the pre surgery forum and switch to the recovery after. To get someone's attention you tag them by putting an '@' right in front of their name making sure you spell their name exactly. As I have done on this post for you.
 
@tiredwife. Thank you for the positive words. I'm sure you are 100% right about this surgery being well worth it. For the most part I'm glad I'll be getting this done. There are just some fears about the recovery but I'll get through it! I keep telling myself that a few months from now I'll be able to take long walks, to hike, to bike longer, and who knows what else? It's exciting. Knowing that your husband is willing to have his second knee done only 10 weeks post op is impressive. Good for him!
 
@sunny-island Just got exciting news. My husband came in all excited and said suddenly all the knee issues are gone - the stiffness and tightness, everything but a little adhesion feeling at the upper scar. Really his knee hasn't felt this good in years and years. See what you have to look forward to! I won't lie recovery from TKR is long, but not undoable any questions about anything just ask. If I don't know I will point you to someone who does.
 
I'm scheduled for left total knee replacement on August 6th in Melbourne Australia. I can't wait to wake up and find a straight leg!!
 
@dovemck Melbourne Australia is pretty far away from Florida where I am but I'll be thinking of you on August 6th! That's the day after my surgery so maybe I'll be in la la land at that point but I wish you the best and hope you're starting to feel as energized as I am!
 
@dovemck Melbourne Australia is pretty far away from Florida where I am but I'll be thinking of you on August 6th! That's the day after my surgery so maybe I'll be in la la land at that point but I wish you the best and hope you're starting to feel as energized as I am!

We're - I think - 16 hours ahead of the east coast - so we're sort of doing it at the same time. BTW - I used to live in Ocala, are you anywhere near there?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom