Guest viewing is limited

2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Dlekapj, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @Crow22, @ljrfrm (bilateral)
05 August 14 @letsgo, @sunny-island, @ready2go (bilateral), @ATPlus
06 August 14 @tiredwife 's hubby (his second)
07 August 14 @Roxnshells (bilateral), @sistahbear
12 August 14 @mary64 (her first), @Lauramacky (her second)
13 August 14 @hiway9380
14 August 14 @Mckeaty, @vma, @Dlekapj
18 August 14 @chudiebell, @Sally104
19 August 14 @Ladyluck
21 August 14 @2boxers, @NetballKnees (her second), @karmarcoux
22 August 14 @JanetK (her second)
25 August 14 @Crazy Cats (her second partial)
26 August 14 @Jasminethecat, @kaydubs
27 August 14 @rosietosie (bilateral), @Chrys
28 August 14 @fibermizer (her second)
 
I finally downloaded the bonesmart app and it works better than the website on my computer! I'm only three days away from my second knee replacement. First one was done in December 2012 and it's ok but not great. I waited way too long to do it! Hopefully things will go much better with this knee because it's not nearly as bad. I'll be checking in now that I'm connected again! Yay!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky and @mary64 Hope all went well with you both today! Keep us posted.

@kenslover Wow, I don't know how to advise you! That is a tough call. How much pain are you in? Can you walk okay? Could the loose prosthetic cause more damage to your bones? Could it cause you more damage to your muscles and tissues being loose? I think you need to find out all the pros and cons before you make a decision.
 
Thank you @tiredwife , sleep has been eluding me without any pain meds, but I should be tired enough tonight to hopefully get some sleep. :) @Mckeaty and @vma trusting and praying we all will have good experiences! Looking forward to your recovery posts!
 
@Dlekapj My husband didn't sleep well for a week before his surgeries because of not being on Diclofenac. Keep us posted on how it all goes.
 
Well due to some female issues that need to be taken care of first, I have talked with my OS and have decided to postpone my knee surgery. I don't have a time frame at this point but he said we could reschedule anytime later on. I have a return appt in Sept to just keep up with how I am but want to get this other issue behind me first.
 
@mystikfairy61, I have removed you from the August surgery list. So sorry that you could not resolve your other problem before this scheduled surgery. Keep us posted and let us know when you have a new date.
 
I'm getting nervous...and of course not sleeping much at all. I know this will be the best long term solution for me - just really nervous about going through the PT/recovery. I'm being told it's very similar to my partial replacement, but man - looking at the scars thread (WHY did I do that??), the scars look much, much bigger.
 
@kaydubs From what I have heard it is similar recoveries. I was told by a nurse that the size of the incision has something to do with the girth of your thigh. Hubby says the incision itself never really hurt that much, it is more the bruising of all the tissues and muscles that hurt. I think the best thing to make your recovery easier is to not overdo it! My husband has learned that the hard way. PT isn't that bad if you let them know you are in charge and they are not to push or pull on you leg or knee! Ice and elevate are VERY important. Just remember that and to take your meds on time and you will be fine.
 
@tiredwife I was reading what you said about the size of the incision. My incision is only about 6" maximum and glued shut lol. I'm not exactly skinny but I'm not huge either. I would say that my incision doesn't have anything to do with my size because I've seen others who are skinnier and heavier that have the same size scar.

I wonder if anyone knows here. I'm curious. It seems it would more correlate to the procedure itself but what do I know!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky Just stating what a nurse told me, maybe it is just something these doctors do here! Hubby has pretty big thighs and his incision is about 10 inches. Maybe it has something to do with the girth of the knee? They have to have room to pop the knee out of the incision.
 
@tiredwife. 10"??? Woah! Where are you? I only know where a few people are. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Maybe they like slimmer scars here LOL. It's all the rage you know :P


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky Missouri, I know my husband needed a size 5 knee, maybe the bigger the knee the more space they need to put it in the longer the incision. Maybe I will remember to ask the doctor tomorrow when we go see him!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom