Recent content by weezie

  1. weezie

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    I have suffered from BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo and migraines. Am in a full blown bout of vertigo at the moment, wakes me up in the middle of the night, head spinning. It's the worst feeling in the whole world. A few years ago after having many migraines and vertigo, I was...
  2. weezie

    THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

    Today I went for a long walk today without the assistance of my cane. Although I had it with me I manage the walk, still limping but is getting better as I get stronger...just need to keep at it and not get discouraged...hope all well by you amazing hipsters!!!
  3. weezie

    THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

    Coming up to the three month mark. So far so good, but am still having problems with limping and leg length discrepency...feels a bit frustrating. Off to see the physio for my 12 week review and hopefully some other exercises. Like to hear how everyone else is doing....
  4. weezie

    THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

    Happy New Year everyone!
  5. weezie

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    Awesome work @Gretel! Keep up the great recovery, even if they think we are pensioners...xx
  6. weezie

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    Well seven weeks! Who would have thought it! Went to my second physio session and she was please with my progress and gave me more core and strengthening exercises. I may also go to the pool and a bit of recumbent cycling...am so excited. she still would like me to use my cane until I no...
  7. weezie

    THR Hipster48 in recovery

    Keep up the good work with your recovery!
  8. weezie

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    Hi gals!! I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow as well. I am hoping that he will give me the green light to drive as well. Albeit, it has been nice to be driven around, got a bit use to it all. Yes, was wondering as well if there are specific questions I need to ask him. Am so happy to hear that...
  9. weezie

    THR weezie's recovery thread

    @EmEm thanks for the reply and happy to hear that all is going well albeit the ole' sleep thing...guess it gets better over time...that's okay as I am just doing each day as it comes. We are currently having some crappy rainy weather so hopefully I can get my outdoor walk in tomorrow...just...
  10. weezie

    THR weezie's recovery thread

    Can't believe it but I am coming up to my six week appointment with my surgeon. Seems like I have blinked and I am now at this point in my recovery. It all seems to be going well...other than the sleeping part. I feel like i have so much energy that I have a hard time with sleep...I am...
  11. weezie

    THR Help and advice please

    Tomorrow is a better day...hugs!
  12. weezie

    THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

    Well done EmEm! That is such fantastic news, keep on doing what you have been doing....isn't it amazing in such little time how far you have come..congrats girl!!
  13. weezie

    Sleeping for England

    Nothing could ever compare to the agonizing and crippling arthritic pain I had in my hip prior to me surgery. It took all of my energy and never slept...now I am one month strong and would do this op again in a heart beat. Big shout out to be surgeon, Dr. Paul Voorhoeve. Hang in there and...
  14. weezie

    THR weezie's recovery thread

    Hi everyone! I hope that your going well on this next leg of your recovery. So far so good, I seem to be progressing along well...still have a bit of limp because my operated leg is slight longer than the other so I am putting lifts in my slippers and shoes to help with that. I increased by...
  15. weezie

    THR So far, so good

    Congrats on the great recovery. I too have found the recovery relatively easy, the other day I was out for three hours walking around doing a bit of grocery shopping, albeit I used my walker and cane on short durations. I have been able to sit at my sewing machine and acutally made a couple of...
Back
Top Bottom