Sleeping for England

Ooooh, pre-op playlists.... None of that here. Just got told to bring "something" to keep myself entertained in case I have to wait for surgery.

I'm going to be feeling kind of "Bad to the Bone" (George Thorogood and the Destroyers) until my date.

Nothing could ever compare to the agonizing and crippling arthritic pain I had in my hip prior to me surgery. It took all of my energy and never slept...now I am one month strong and would do this op again in a heart beat. Big shout out to be surgeon, Dr. Paul Voorhoeve. Hang in there and slow and steady!!

I think the next good sleep I will have, is in operating room

Two and a half years ago I had mono. Spent six months at bed rest! I feel the same tiredness now. Told Mom today, I am asking for mono test!

Ooooh it's all been happening today. OT ladies came, got the loo sorted, got sticks, shoe horn, grabber. Then just after they left got a call from surgeon's secretary asking if I would be able to get to the hospital at 7.30am instead of 11.30am on the 15th. Oh yes yes yes, I'll get there, and I'm first on the list. Even closer now.
Hello @Berber7227 I'm really counting on the anaethetist (sorry just can't spell these days) letting me have a really good nap. And the bonus of having my hip sorted when I wake up. Bring it on! Hope you doing ok, I see you are the day after me. take care and try and have a restful few days before 16th

Thanks @MammaT , oh yes think I'm ready, just puzzling over how come I feel fairly calm, hope this feeling lasts. Still got a few things to do but nothing major or difficult. Hubby says I just make a list of things simply for the joy of ticking them done. He's probably right.

Lists are good--once I can write it down and see it I am in more control than if it is all swirling around the top of head!

Couldn't agree more. I've made my list of things for the weekend.......up to item 13 already but hey I'm happy. All easy and do-able.

Hey @Tomgirl . So excited for you.
Try to relax some this weekend and know we will all be thinking of you next week. Sending healing mojo your way:loveshwr:

Last edited:
Hey @Tomgirl
Tick-tock, tick-tock
Only a couple more sleeps and you two will be new women!! :spin::dancy::happydance::yay: :egypdance:
Happy for you both.....you're going to love it! @Susan209

Hi @Tomgirl, just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. I remembered that you work for yourself, like me, so hope you have managed to finish everything in time. Five weeks on from my surgery I was back at work for just a few hours a day. The work-related emails couldn't be ignored any longer!
You may be interested to know that I applied for the self-employed version of statutory sick pay (ESA) and succeeded, but was staggered how little I will get, about £70 per week after the first 7 days which you get nothing for. I'm not dependent on the money but having paid the contributions for 34 years thought I should have what I am entitled to! If you are going to apply make sure you get the sick note when you are discharged from hospital.

Thank you for your good wishes @EmEm just about got all the necessary work done ( that list got smaller on a regular basis) Hubby and I got some really good clients who we have known for years so they have been fully aware of my hip woes since day 1. I have various bits of work lined up on my desk ready for when I think I can work on but for just say 15-20 minutes at a time. Max. Desk is only 25 steps from bed lol so I shall include it in my little walks. This whole hip thing has really motivated us to think about semi retirement at least. There is more to life than work. Don't get me started on UK NI contributions and pensions!!
I now have a vision in my head of all my internal bits having a farewell party for the bits going tomorrow and the welcome committee set up for the new bits. I'm sure (praying) they will all get along fine. Hope your recovery is good, and working a few hours each day keeps the business moving along.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88