Guest viewing is limited

THR weezie's recovery thread

Hey @weezie so good to hear you are doing so well :0) I had read a lot about people suffering with constipation and glad that you are hopefully over that! I must have been the odd person who was affected the other way round!!!!! The 2nd day home I went to the 'Loo' 8 times in one day has to be a world record!!!!! Quite the experience for sure :rotfl::heehee:

Did a silly thing of easing up on my meds yesterday but soon regretted it when I suffered sever pain till my meds kicked back in again.... so keep those meds up as you are doing x
 
@weezie Glad to see that you are doing so well. Hoping you continue to progress down recovery road to your pain free destination in the near future!
 
Hi Weezie. That constipation thing was definitely my burden for the first weeks...pain meds I'm sure. Bean soups, loads of grapes, and many stool softeners later things finally moved along.:whistle:
Hoping you have a Good Day.
 
Thanks for warnings re this problem ! will make sure I have got necessary stuff in stock to help 'ease' things :snork:
 
Yes, the last thing you want to be doing is sitting on a hard toilet seat TRYING to relax for an extended period...ugh!
The real but unsavory truths...
 
Hi @weezie
You're sounding great. Keep up the good work.
Wishing you a restful week of recovery!
 
Hey @weezie. I hope you are doing well. Just checking in on you. Hope your day goes well.
 
Hey Weezie. Thinking about you today..hope you are getting along OK?
 
Hi @weezie
Hello, hello, hello.....wherever you are.
Let us know how you're doing. Would love to hear your progress.
We're thinking of you....
 
Its been a week or so since I last wrote and have been making progress. Staples out and went to physio and have been working at exercises daily and already started with a outdoor walking program for myself....slow and steady. The physiotherapist said that the operated leg is 1/2 inch longer than my right leg and boy do I notice the difference. Had to put something in my shoe to give me a bit of a raise, if not I have quite abit of back pain, and the cheeks of me butt get quite tight. I also find if I do too much, I really feel it. Not much real pain to report, seem to sleep okay for the most part and have not minded sleeping on my back. I still can't believe how good I really feel and how that horrible arthritic pain is completely gone. I am still using my walking and my cane around the house, still don't feel confident walking without any aids, but keep reminding myself, slow and steady and one day at a time. Thank goodness for having a wonderful husband who has been the best support system I could ask for. My next checkup are both in last November with the surgeon and physio. Can't believe that next week will be one month since the surgery.....I hope that you are all mending well and being good to yourselves. Until next time, Your Hippy Sister!!x
 
They other thing that I have been battling with is fatigue...was also told that my rbc is quite low...could be why I feel quite tired...
 
Glad you’re doing well @weezie :) Yes slow and steady! I’m not using anything around the house but I’m finding standing upright feels uncomfortable and my hips tight and get fatigued quickly. I guess it’s all part of the process. I think I need to walk more than I have been.
I’m so looking forward to being more mobile and life getting back to normal.
Hugs to you!
 
Yay, good to hear him you Weezie.
These first weeks are a whole lot of no fun but yes, that hip pain being OT of here is truly amazing. I still can't believe it.
I have yet to get all my stamina back.
Someone explained to me, and EmEm also likened her hip to a baby who won't sleep, that our new baby is going to suck the energy it needs to heal - sometimes leaving us with only a little to take care of every day activity. That also is it body saying I need to do this while you rest...
Will get better as you heal.
We are glad you are getting better:) :-) (:
 
Hi @weezie
It's nice to hear how you're doing. You sound well.
A few minor blips, I'm sure they'll work themselves out in short order.
It's not even a month yet.....but soon. I consider myself still early
in recovery at 4 months post op. So you're a newborn!
Wishing you a great week! Stop by more often, we wonder about you...
 
Went for a good walk today since the weather has been incredible....felt really good to be outside, still using my walking for the ski foot not ready for the walker with the breaks and seat as I find them a bit to fast at the moment, but so far feeling great....bit stiff but I will ice it later and take my meds....two more days and it will be one months since I have had my surgery...thanks to my amazing husband and my amazing surgeon, Dr Paul Voorhoeve, Nanaimo, BC.
 
Good old vitamin D and outside.
Glad to hear you are still onward and upward.:SUNsmile:
 
Hey great to hear that all is going well with the recovery :0)

Can not believe it will be four weeks tomorrow since surgery... wow where has that time gone!!!!!
I'm with you for giving our amazing husbands a huge shout of thanks, I could not have made this journey with out my wonderful man! We have a lot to be grateful for :0)

Keep up the great work and Have a wonderful day
 
Hi everyone! I hope that your going well on this next leg of your recovery. So far so good, I seem to be progressing along well...still have a bit of limp because my operated leg is slight longer than the other so I am putting lifts in my slippers and shoes to help with that. I increased by distance this week to 0.65 km and feels pretty good. I am finding sleeping a bit problematic...was really enjoying the surgery/meds induced sleep that I had when I first came home. I am able to sleep on my non operated side for a bit throughout the night but am just staring at the ceiling...arrgg....Went out today with my husband, basically to get some air and feel a bit human. Yes, a huge shout out to my amazing husband, Keith!! I hope that you are all doing well and love to hear how you are all doing...Your Hippy Sister, Lisa x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom