THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

Hi @Welshgirl @Layla thanks for your good wishes. A year ago exactly I saw the surgeon for the first time and look where I am now. I feel almost 'normal' again. I'm working on doing up shoes without being a contortionist and I still haven't driven far but I walked to the post office and supermarket yesterday and really enjoyed being independent. I only posted Christmas cards and bought Christmas paper napkins (didn't want to weigh myself down!) but felt I had achieved something.
I have just compared hip replacement experiences with my 80+ year old brother-in-law who is about 6 weeks ahead of me and is now walking over a mile every day. I'm grateful for the skill and the technology that has made hip replacements possible.
 
It's going to get better and better...EmEm. Gratitude is my number one sentiment for this surgery also.
Your Christmas will be hip pain free. Yay
:tree:
 
Can't let Christmas come and go without wishing you
the merriest, happiest @EmEm
Can you believe the Fab Four will soon be coming up on three months?!!
Seems like just yesterday you were all prepping.
I so enjoyed following your journey's. I hope all is well!
Sending a huge hug with warm wishes for a very :merry christmas: and a happy, healthy 2018!
 
Thanks @Layla @Mojo333, Merry Christmas to you both and to my Fab Four partners @Gretel @Welshgirl @weezie. It’s almost three months and seems the perfect time to celebrate where we have got to. The road to recovery might not have been as straight as we would have liked but we at least we are still moving forward!
Our Christmas is very special because for our son will wake up tomorrow in our house. We haven’t seen him since July and he arrived today having flown from west coast USA where he moved to for work. I hope you all are with family and friends too.
 
I'll bet one of the best Christmas presents ever! @EmEm
Sleeping under the same roof with him as you did for oh so many years....heavenly!
Happy for you!
 
Merry Christmas everyone! Yes we are coming up to the three months! Wow. I had hoped to be walking better by now :unsure: But at least I can sleep much better now.
We’ve just finished a big yummy lunch. Resting up now!
 
@EmEm :santawave:. Enjoy time with your family. Better and better...the new Year is full of promise.
 
Coming up to the three month mark. So far so good, but am still having problems with limping and leg length discrepency...feels a bit frustrating. Off to see the physio for my 12 week review and hopefully some other exercises. Like to hear how everyone else is doing....
 
Hope all is continuing to get better.
3 months into this recovery thing...
Wishing you, and all the Fab 4 continued healing and hip pain free lives.
 
Hi @Mojo333, all is going well, thank you - now working, walking and sleeping! Had some pain as I increased both work and walking but it seems it's back (an ongoing pre-op problem), not hip related and has responded to a couple of osteopath sessions. We are now able to start thinking about travel possibilities for the year ahead. @weezie - hope your physio was reassuring. @Gretel - hope your physio appointment helps too - I think you mentioned one soon. @Welshgirl - your walking sounds like it is going from strength to strength. You must fit a lot into each day!
 
Happy Monday! @EmEm
It wonderful to read you've jumped back into life. I can't believe it's over 3 months already!
I'm sorry to learn you're suffering issues upon walking once again.
It sounds like you may be getting it under control though. Sure hope so...
I'll never forget the Fab Four and it's wonderful to hear you're all healing and thriving.
Best wishes for a great week....keep in touch :flwrysmile:
 
Glad you’re doing okay. Sorry to hear about your back though. Yes I’m off to the physio I like today.
 
Keep on keeping on, Em.
I've had osteopath suggested to me for some ongoing back issues.
Glad you are finding some relief from that.
 
Glad to hear all is going good with the new hip x hope the back issue gets sorted soon.
I am walking an awful lot while the weather is good however we have had some storms so it has slowed up a bit this past week... but I love it, it's so good to be able to walk so much without the pain!!!
Have a fantastic weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Today I went for a long walk today without the assistance of my cane. Although I had it with me I manage the walk, still limping but is getting better as I get stronger...just need to keep at it and not get discouraged...hope all well by you amazing hipsters!!!
 
Happy 4 month anniversary, EmEm!
I hope all is well in your world as you continue on your healing journey.
I can't believe it's 4 months for the Fab Four already.
A great week to you! :flwrysmile:
@EmEm
 
@Layla thank you for thinking of me. I’m doing well and have got to the point where I’m not thinking about my hip before I do anything, so normal life is resumed !
Unfortunately I have a flare up of OA in the wrist that’s not fused and that makes me a bit worried. I have a GP appointment at the end of this month to discuss managing pain and protecting the joint because it’s not possible to manage with two fused wrists. I have ventured to the ‘Other joints’ board where someone is considering the surgery. Sadly wrists don’t have the same replacement possibilities as other joints yet.
Perhaps if the weather was warmer it would be better for all of us!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom