Recent content by TexasTee

  1. TexasTee

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Hi Julie - welcome and best of luck on Wednesday!! I could not be happier with the results of my MUA - I left PT quite some time ago so I have no idea what my official ROM is but I can tell you that it's better than what they last measured, I can do virtually everything I want too (I can't sit...
  2. TexasTee

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Had my last PT session today - I've officially been left to my own devices :) I rejoined the gym this week to start lifting weights again so we went over all of the things I should do and took note of the one or two I should not. I guess I'm declaring myself recovered! Thanks to all of you...
  3. TexasTee

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Hi Jacs65 - I started doing simple yoga stretches as soon as I could - week 2 I think? VERY simple :) Now I'm - lol, I don't even know, somewhere around 15 weeks I think? And my practice is right back where it was before, you'll be there soon!
  4. TexasTee

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    From personal experience the difference between my knee swollen from working/standing/walking all day and how it was before my MUA - there is simply no comparison, it's completely different. One assumes that your doctor and PT can tell the difference. As you know I had one at 9 weeks and I...
  5. TexasTee

    MUA Manipulation after TKR

    I had mine at 9 weeks and was very lucky in that I could drive the next day - I think in this one every case will be different - you shouldn't expect to be driving again by the next week but know that it is possible!
  6. TexasTee

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Glad to see you are doing so well!!!
  7. TexasTee

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    Hi Brenda - swelling is much more rare now- I think it was around 10 weeks or so that it wasn't a given that I'd be swollen after just about anything - it gets better every week!
  8. TexasTee

    MUA RTKR Done!

    Enjoy Santa Barbara! Hopefully the knee will surprise you with an easy trip :)
  9. TexasTee

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Thanks Spencieca - you'll get there! I'll swing by and see what's up :)
  10. TexasTee

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    My goodness Karen - I had no idea your AM stiffness was such that you were using a walker, glad you are over that!! Sounds like you're doing great!! Have you tried tramadol? It's more effective for me than advil but significantly less meds than Oxy, might be something to ask about when you go.
  11. TexasTee

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Hi Josh/Karen - how are you guys? Josh - he didn't say anything other than we'd keep an eye on the rice crispy sound/feel - I haven't experienced any loss of ROM and its still there so it might be muscular, as you suggest. Karen - weird how life takes over when you are back at work! I'm...
  12. TexasTee

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Hi Brenda - I'm sure I would have been in the same boat at 6 weeks, yes, I could have done it but it's much, much easier for having been allowed to wait. Sorry you couldn't but you are doing fantastic! Hi Homeport - I went with the partial based on my surgeons recommendation but mostly because...
  13. TexasTee

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    Ha! Mine goes purple at yoga - it is heated to 100 so by the time you are in the middle you are seriously sweating...I think it's just the extra blood gathered there that turns it purple/black.
  14. TexasTee

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    I've noticed more problems sleeping since going back to work - by the end of the day I'm wiped out so it makes no sense, it isn't even that my knee hurts more than normal, I just can't get comfortable. Ah well, this, too, shall pass. Sending vibes for a good nights sleep! Your doc sounds...
  15. TexasTee

    TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

    I'm not getting your alerts - sorry I've been MIA! Great job on the 19K steps!! I did 12 one day and was super excited. Wonder how the partial will respond to the scanners? I have nothing planned yet but will likely do the annual Cabo trip in November if nothing else before - but actually...
Back
Top Bottom