TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 4 mile walk yesterday, knees are slightly tired and I noticed some irritation coming downstairs, but otherwise feel great. I'll probably take a short walk or short swim today, but very easy. Good heavens I want to get out on the trails in the most intense way!!! Must. Take. Time. To. Train. :)
 
Barbara we are all so restless and pathetic at playing the patience game. You have to be a good girl and go slow and careful:giggle:
 
I am so happy for you! Love it that your adventurous self is shining through. Isn't it grand when our recoveries take a giant step forward and give us a much needed boost!

Today in the Midwest the birds are busily singing and scoping out spring nesting spots, the sun is (mostly) shining and it's warm. It makes me feel better to just be outside!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A couple of things to report, though I have been neglectful around here. I flew for the first time this weekend, and I was concerned that my knee would be irritated and swollen afterwards, but it's been absolutely fine. The first time around, they wouldn't let me fly for three months, this time he said it would be fine at 10 weeks, and it really was fine.

The other thing that was fantastic was moving through the airport with my former confidence, hauling bags, rushing through the concourses, doing everything normally. It's such delight.

The last thing is the long walk I took with my buddy today. Long, long walk talking and catching up and I was fine. It's hours later and although it's a little tired, nothing bad. I'll break 12K steps today for the first time since before surgery. Yay!
 
Barbara that is fantastic - you are back to "normal"....what ever that is - LOL. Congratulations on your achievements - Maggie x
 
Fantastic news! Flights, airports, long walks, oh my! :) Love it!!
 
Back from my writing retreat, where I did some seriously long walks--19,200 steps one day!--and was fine. After such a long week of much activity and then flying again today, my knees were a little stiff and tired, but mostly great. I'm going to try a Zumba class later this week. Go easy, see how it feels. :)

Wanted to report what I learned about flying, TSA regulations, and TSA pre-check status. I have been TSA pre-check since it started, probably because I do fly a lot. New knees set off the scanners, of course, and I discovered when traveling to England in January that I had to go through the entire frisking business every time I went through security. So this time, I asked what I had to do and if this meant I lost my pre-check status forever.

The answer is complicated. If the airport has a full body scanner, I can go through that line and be scanned. Today, the pre-check line had a scanner, so I was fine. If not, I will always have to be frisked and patted down. It's not a huge deal, but it might make it easier if you know ahead of time. Look for the full body scanners and head for those lines.
 
he he being frisked every time you fly.... BTW I like you new avatar - great pic. 19,200 steps is mammoth - well done. The most I have done in a day according to my fitbit is about 9,500. All sounds good in you world Barbara - cheers Maggie x
 
Lake Tahoe, @Maggie94. I'm kind of amazed how gorgeous it is. You're coming to the US in the near future, as I recall, right? So maybe you'll get the --ah-- pleasure of frisking then, too. :)
 
yes US in September... don't fancy being frisked by one of those security people I have seen on previous US trips - they are seriously scary - both genders...
I'll send you a personal message:wave:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you had a great time! And the knees performed great! Very happy for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
3 month anniversary on RTKR and 8 months on LTKR. Yesterday worked on ROM and paid the price today. It's not terrible, but a reminder that this takes awhile.
 
If the airport has a full body scanner, I can go through that line and be scanned. Today, the pre-check line had a scanner, so I was fine. If not, I will always have to be frisked and patted down. It's not a huge deal, but it might make it easier if you know ahead of time. Look for the full body scanners and head for those lines.
Thank you , Barbara. Helpful information for travelers. It mirrors my experience.

It pays to allow extra time for going through security screening.
 
I'm not getting your alerts - sorry I've been MIA! Great job on the 19K steps!! I did 12 one day and was super excited. Wonder how the partial will respond to the scanners? I have nothing planned yet but will likely do the annual Cabo trip in November if nothing else before - but actually Austin only has the full body scanner so I'll only have to worry in Mexico. LOL, that ought to be something!
 
Hi Barbara,
I haven't been getting alerts either. Glad to hear you're doing so well.
I'll be flying next month and I am also on the pre-check list. Thanks for the info!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom