Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BananasKnees Charlotte I dissolving stitches. Shirly, right knee, has a much finer scar & did have a nicer looking incision. No worries though both are good...they go purple when they are cold - LOL
 
@BananasKnees Charlotte I dissolving stitches. Shirly, right knee, has a much finer scar & did have a nicer looking incision. No worries though both are good...they go purple when they are cold - LOL
Do you find the knee goes purple after showering as well


20/01/2015
 
@Homeport yes they do go purple after showers....wonder why? They are aching to night with cold damp weather even though they are under the covers....I've got a wheat bag on them....feeling better
 
Ha! Mine goes purple at yoga - it is heated to 100 so by the time you are in the middle you are seriously sweating...I think it's just the extra blood gathered there that turns it purple/black.
 
well its true... one day you just think "what did I just do without thinking?" for me that was today - walked down 18 stairs - left right left right carrying an armful of stuff and go o the bottom - hadn't thought about it, held the rail or felt any pain - of course I capitalised on this and went up and down a few time moving things that I had accumulated t both ends. The other "knee" win was being able to get up off the floor (absolutely necessary for playing wit puppies)

The other magic thing for today was picking up my new pup - Freyja- the most delightful little mite
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Freyja has inspired you in more ways than one dear Maggie.....you must have been excited like Christmas morning when you picked her up........:doggie::puppysmooze:

vinny
 
to true @vinny - its 8.40pm here and I have been wanting to go to bed for an hour... madam is flat on her back sound asleep. I'll take her out in 5 mins or so then call it a night. Nothing like the responsibility of a puppy to get you up and moving - Maggie x
 
Nothing like the responsibility of a puppy to get you up and moving
So right, Maggie. Instead of PT, they should give us all a puppy for 6 weeks!
Great news about the stairs. I haven't tried it "no hands" yet. It's such a habit to grab the rail.
Hope you and Freyja have a good sleep!:puppysmooze:
Karen
 
13 weeks out today - the girls are going well. I have rediscovered stretching for pain relief round the knees - inner and outer thigh, hammie and quad stretches - great relief. Also use a massager on my quads just above the knees - really helps with stiffness and tightness

new pup means I am walking heaps - best PT ever:yes!:
 
Hi Maggie..I found deep massage on the quads where you describe helped me too..I think there may be more scar tissue there at the end of the incision ......Freyja is better than any pain reliever.......:dogwalk:

vinny
 
I have a knot at the end of my incision on top of knee. Been massaging it to get it to disappear, but no luck yet.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a massage vibrator thing that I bought years ago in Singapore - gives some relief. I wonder ho long this tightness round the knees lasts?... frustrating!
 
Maggie, that tight band feeling can last a while sometimes...maybe even 6 months or more. But in almost all cases, it does go away eventually. I know it's frustrating!
 
thanks @Jamie - just massaging and stretching helps + your wisdom and support - cheers Maggie
 
Hi Maggie, you are doing great, at first I felt as if I had a block in my knee, then it changed to a brick and now a stone, so it is gradually changing, but still not gone completely. I am still using plenty of ice after activities, and in saying that I am very active. Do you find that the tightness effects your ROM, it can be frustrating but I always think back to how far I have come. Keep up the good work.

Holly :hi:
 
I have used a vibrator on mine and have had good results. My ROM numbers have been good as a result.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The other magic thing for today was picking up my new pup - Freyja- the most delightful little mite

I had a dog named Freyja (means Goddess of Beauty in Icelandic!!) growing up for 14 years or so. Awesome name :)
 
I have a knot at the end of my incision on top of knee. Been massaging it to get it to disappear, but no luck yet.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I used to press my thumb on the spot at the top of the incision to massage it...worked great

Vinny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom