TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

Post-Op Week 13 April 23, 2015
A little late with my update this week. Nothing much new except that the early morning aches and pains are getting better. I usually only have to take tylenol/ibuprofen once a day, so getting closer to the finish line!
Best wishes to all!
Karen
 
Hey Karen,

Please tell me how wonderful the FL sunshine is going to feel on this knee in a couple of weeks (I'm in IL for another two weeks, then moving permanently!).
 
Hi @Pax ,
Well, be careful what you wish for..... Right now, it is 95 out and the summers are like living in a sauna! LOL..
BUT, the winters are glorious.
I grew up in Pa and it took a long time to adjust to the summer heat and humidity. After 30 years, I'm ok with it.
What part of florida are you moving to?
How is your knee healing? I'll have to get caught up on your thread.
:welome:to the Sunshine State!
Karen
 
@MotownGirl66
Hey Robyn,
I was thinking about you today and was going to send you an email.
I'll be 14 weeks on Tues.
The knee is pretty good, but today is very achy. I'm not sure why, but may be that I didn't take my suppements last week due to laziness. I take turmeric and glucosamine, so maybe it is really helping. I got back on track today, so well see...
How about you? It seems like this knee is the good child for you. I bet you can't wait to get out of Fla. Today was a steamer!
Hope all is well with you.
Karen
 
Hi @Pax ,
Well, be careful what you wish for..... Right now, it is 95 out and the summers are like living in a sauna! LOL..
BUT, the winters are glorious.
I grew up in Pa and it took a long time to adjust to the summer heat and humidity. After 30 years, I'm ok with it.
What part of florida are you moving to?
How is your knee healing? I'll have to get caught up on your thread.
:welome:to the Sunshine State!
Karen
Moving to New Smyrna Beach, my folks lived there for 30 years so it's my second home. Illinois has horrific summers... but no beach! Time to fix that. :yes!: What part are you in?

Knee is healing up on schedule, so so glad we hired movers though, I can't imagine driving a uhaul at the twelve week mark!
 
I'm in Palm Beach County. Being near the coast will at least give you a sea breeze.
Yes, hiring movers is the way to go. Have a safe trip.
 
Thanks! We bought a place on the Intracoastal and are about eight blocks from the beach, we seem to get a nice constant breeze off the ocean.
 
Nice area there. I grew up in Daytona Beach. Your going to like Florida. Swimming in the surf is fun, just watch the under currents. Hope you get a dock, got to have a boat to run up and down the intercostal on.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nice area there. I grew up in Daytona Beach. Your going to like Florida. Swimming in the surf is fun, just watch the under currents. Hope you get a dock, got to have a boat to run up and down the intercostal on.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
We do have a dock, and I used to surf... wonder if the knee will ever be up for that again?
 
Post op week 14 April 29, 2015
Early morning pain getting better (I no longer need the walker when I first get out of bed) , but I still ice at work every day. Can get by some days without even a Tylenol, but still have occasions where only an Oxy does the trick.
Biking almost every day and trying to alternate with walking as long as my other gimpy knee cooperates.
I have my next follow up with OS next Wednesday, 5/6 and will ask for a topical pain cream like Voltaren.
Best wishes to all,
Karen
 
My goodness Karen - I had no idea your AM stiffness was such that you were using a walker, glad you are over that!! Sounds like you're doing great!! Have you tried tramadol? It's more effective for me than advil but significantly less meds than Oxy, might be something to ask about when you go.
 
I just needed the walker for the first 10 steps or so and it was probably just a habit since I had been using it for about 2 years before surgery.
Good to hear from you!
Karen
 
Glad to hear your pain is subsiding. Baby steps to the grand finale! Wow, you must have some pain if you need the walker. Mine aches when I first get up but I just walk slowly till it wakes up :) I never use the cane indoors just when I'm out of the house.
I envy your bike rides, I can't wait till I can pedal a complete rotation!


Brenda
 
Post op Week 15 1/2 May 8, 2015
Late again with my update.....I saw my OS for a follow up on 5/6. He said everything looks good and I don't need to see him again until next January.
He eyeballed my ROM and said it is fine and will continue to improve with time. He asked me if I am exercising and I told him I bike almost every day. This made him happy.
Then, I told him about the early morning achiness and he reminded me that full recovery takes 6-12 months.
I asked for rx's for celebrex and voltarin gel and he obliged.
So, I guess now it's just a matter of waiting for the lingering pains to go away...
Updates will be monthly now unless there is "breaking news".
Thanks to all who have supported me through my journey and wishing all of us a pain free future!
Best Regards,
Karen
 
That sounds like a very positive visit to your surgeon.

Well done - and best wishes.
 
That's the best kind of report to make!!! So glad things are going well for you.
 
Then, I told him about the early morning achiness and he reminded me that full recovery takes 6-12 months

Fabulous report!! And my OS reminded me of the same thing: full recovery can take up to a YEAR. Every time I get a little blue about my progress, I remind myself that I'm not even quite at 4 months yet. It's another reason why I avoid setting goals about when to give up the cane, what my ROM should be by X date, how many squats I should do, etc. Don't misunderstand: some do well by goal-setting, but that doesn't work for me. If I don't hit X goal by X date, it's gonna send me into a funk. I don't need the pressure! :-) I saw my OS in March, about 9 weeks post-op, and I will see him next in July. Here's hoping my report is as good as yours!
 
Thanks Lee,
There is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow and we are getting there!
When I get frustrated with the aches and pains, I just remind myself how much more pain I was in pre surgery. It's a world of difference!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom