Guest viewing is limited

TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let you know if there will be film, lol.

Had a rough night, didn't sleep much as the knee was not happy with the cool temps and rain. I'm hoping my hot shower will calm things down before I go to work. Is it Friday yet??


Brenda
 
Nope, it's only Tuesday.
I had my rainy weekend, what a sour feeling in my knee too. I'm with ya TKR birthday buddy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We are, for the most part, excited to get back to work---I was looking forward to it---I feel that "work is what defines us"---but then my knees were swollen by the end of the day and I learned my lesson.

On Sundays, after church, I would do nothing but ice, elevate, and rest the entire day.

The swelling took its time, but it did go slowly away.

I am glad that you are able to cie and elevate while at work---that is helpful.
 
I was not at all anxious to get back to work - LOL! If I could retire tomorrow, I'd do it in a New York minute. I also noticed that my swelling had all but disappeared until I went back to work. No doubt the long commute combined with sitting upright in one spot all day is a contributing factor. You can put your foot up on a box or something in the office but you sure can't do "toes over nose"! :-)

I baby my knee when I get home, though, so the swelling hasn't been that bad.
 
When you think about going back to work, it's easy to think that you will just sit at a desk for much of the day, so your knee will handle it. However, as you've both found out, the journey to and from work can really do a number on that poor knee.

If work is an imperative, for financial reasons, the best thing you can do is give your knee lots of rest, ice and elevation when you are at home.
A lot of people give up going to PT once they are back at work - your working day is plenty of exercise for that knee.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brenda, just stopping by to say hello and to see how work has been this week...be sure to give Fenway a smooch from his Cali Girls! I hope Gru is behaving!
 
I've been back at work for about 6 weeks and I still ice while sitting at my desk....
(I'm getting a little tired of coworkers asking "what's wrong with your new knee").
On the plus side, I can get through most days without even a tylenol.
Hang in there Brenda. It's a long journey......and it will get better!
 
I tell ya, this recovery stuff gives me a huge new-found respect for people who work on their feet and do physical jobs, NO idea how they handle that!!
 
Hi Brenda - swelling is much more rare now- I think it was around 10 weeks or so that it wasn't a given that I'd be swollen after just about anything - it gets better every week!
 
Thank you for all the support and words of wisdom. I went to PT after work yesterday and she was concerned with my swelling, so I was only massaged, put on the TENS machine and iced.
She said if it was a swollen when I woke up to call the dr. Thankfully it was normal this morning but after 4 hours at work, it swelled again. I can't wait for next week when PT is before work.

At least I slept through the night last night, a good solid 10 hours. I guess I was exhausted.


Brenda
 
That sounds good. I got released from my PT. OS put me on 3x week at gym on my own.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Soo glad you were able to get some sleep! Hopefully the swelling will go down more a bit everyday...unfortunately every body reacts different so one person may swell and another may not
 
I tell ya, this recovery stuff gives me a huge new-found respect for people who work on their feet and do physical jobs, NO idea how they handle that!!
I heard that! My job is mostly sitting and I have to remind myself to get up and stretch, and those first few steps? I'm like The Tin Man - i practically squeak! LOL! I have to slowly unfold myself like an accordion...
 
I heard that! My job is mostly sitting and I have to remind myself to get up and stretch, and those first few steps? I'm like The Tin Man - i practically squeak! LOL! I have to slowly unfold myself like an accordion...
I know exactly whAt you mean I had that walk going on today at work. I even had some pain today as my
Boss said my color looked off. I really wish I could take a Tramadol at work.

PT was much the same today as there was swelling. So I'm to take it easy and just do gentle stretches as she said my quad is very tight. I guess I need to make an appointment for a full body massage.


Brenda
 
I REALLY want a massage but can't envision laying on my stomach. Nope, nope, nope.
 
Pax laying on your stomach is not bad. I do it for my leg curl exercises.


Brenda
Maybe I'll try it when it warms up this weekend (it's been cold and damp which makes me achy). The only place I have consistent pain is by my kneecap so I've been skeered to try rolling over.
 
I hope a weekend off will calm down the swelling for you Brenda. I use a paint roller on my quads, calf & IT band. I think you told us about the rolling pin idea. I'm so glad you did because it has helped me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom