TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
PT is going very well. I'm already doing wall squats and leg lifts w/ an ankle weight.
Please be very careful with these. it's very early in your recovery to be doing them. Your tissues are still healing and these exercises are very hard on them. Your knee is wounded, not unfit or lazy. Usually, it's recommended to wait several months before starting these exercises.
 
6 Weeks Post LTKR:

The last few days have been bad. I've been experiencing some stomach issues so I decided not to take any painkillers when I went to bed last night because my stomach was so upset. BAD IDEA! Tossed & turned all night, finally gave in at 6:30am and took a painkiller. I settled down enough to fall back to sleep. 6 weeks is too early to cease the painkillers, I guess.

Both knees hurt. I am also dealing with incredibly tight IT bands on both legs. It's especially painful near the knee joint. The PT massages the IT band and I get relief from it. But it is temporary. Both knees make clunking sounds and I feel a clunk sensation when I bend them.

That's my only report for right now.
 
It's always something! Even pepcid or some other gastric aid isn't helping? I am taking pepcid on faith and so far haven't had any tummy aches other than a somewhat diminished appetite.

My knee clunks too but it is still less than before surgery. At first it would stop clunking when the knee swelled up when I was walking but that isn't happening lately. I'll have to experiment to see if it clunks while using the pedaler as it doesn't clunk when my weight is off it at least not so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom