Guest viewing is limited

PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Josh/Karen - how are you guys? Josh - he didn't say anything other than we'd keep an eye on the rice crispy sound/feel - I haven't experienced any loss of ROM and its still there so it might be muscular, as you suggest.

Karen - weird how life takes over when you are back at work! I'm doing really well, no problems at work, I still have a bit of swelling so am taking celebrex in the morning and one tramadol before bed but that's it. Sometimes more achy but a bit of ice and a rest usually knocks it out. I would say I'm at about 80% - for sure less pain/swelling than before the surgery. Quad is slow to come back but I'm doing yoga, riding my bike, walking stairs, I average about 3-4 miles a day in steps - all no problems. Honestly I rarely think about my knee anymore, relatively amazing!
 
Thanks Spencieca - you'll get there! I'll swing by and see what's up :)
 
Thanks Maggie!

I was supposed to have PT yesterday but I called to check the time and they told me it had been cancelled, would have been nice to know that earlier!! But since I was not in a rush I got the super-duper version of the pedicure that lasted well over an hour with several different massages and this morning the weird extra forehead knob thing on my knee was GONE as well as a good bit of swelling on the outside and the lower set of scars from the robot thing that were hard scar tissue and lumpy are not entirely gone but much, much flatter. Went to yoga and I could definitely flex more. Who knew? No more PT, just pamper days at the spa for me :)

Everything else is going well - got my return to work paperwork all approved so I'm back to work on Monday - will report back but I expect it will be fine.

Hope all is well!

That is so awesome! Who knew a pedicure could be so therapeutic! Good luck today at work! Try not to overdo it!
 
Had my last PT session today - I've officially been left to my own devices :) I rejoined the gym this week to start lifting weights again so we went over all of the things I should do and took note of the one or two I should not. I guess I'm declaring myself recovered!

Thanks to all of you who have offered advice and support, I truly appreciate all of you!!
 
Welcome to the PT on your own group.

I have found it to be more relaxing and even fun. When you ROM gets high enough you can try this:
[Bonesmart.org] TexasTee finally has a new knee!


What have you planned to do now that your on your own?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You folks are passing me on ROM after your MUA. I won't get one because my current ROM is to high at this stage of recovery. Guess I keep slow boating it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow I am so jelious. Nice work. I'm only bought 107-110
Squat ouch ouch. Can't wait till my day.


That's good that doc saw your work. I think all docs do sneak in and out on us.


Xxx best reguards.
 
Hi @TexasTee I just came across your thread after doing a search for manipulation in the forum as I'm having one on Wednesday and I wanted to say you're an inspiration and I want to be you when I grow up (or Wednesday, whichever comes first). :)

Thanks for posting a very positive result post manipulation after all the doom and gloom I've been reading about the subject!

Julie
 
Hi @TexasTee - for some weird reason only known to the BS website, after all this time I got an alert to your thread. Spooky! Anyway my old friend, I thought it was divine intervention that I should stop by and say hello again. I haven't time to trek back through all the pages to see what happened to you (although I see an MUA was in the mix - oh dearie me!) - but I can skip all that as this page tells me that you are now good, happy and normal service has been resumed - and that's all I want to hear.
May that knee remain trouble free. I guess a bit of serious shoe therapy is looming (and not the sensible variety) ....... am I right????
Take care
Love Chris XXX
 
Hi Julie - welcome and best of luck on Wednesday!! I could not be happier with the results of my MUA - I left PT quite some time ago so I have no idea what my official ROM is but I can tell you that it's better than what they last measured, I can do virtually everything I want too (I can't sit on folded knees but really, that's about it) and certainly all that I could do before the app, the flex is 140+

Hi @dogwheels and @Chihuahuan! Chris - yes, I am well and truly well! 5 months out I guess? Still a small amount of swelling that makes kneeling feel weird but it doesn't hurt at all, zero meds and I work out 5-6 days a week. I have been venturing out into less practical footwear, thank goodness! AND to whomever spread the propaganda that you can't wear flip-flops, I'm happy to report that's bunk...I wear them all the time!
 
Glad to hear you're doing so well! Success stories are the best. I wear flip flops too....can't imagine who would have said they can't be worn after a TKR! Sounds like more shoe shopping is in your future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom