Recent content by pamac

  1. pamac

    A question re: Anesthetic for surgery

    I had the spinal and didn't remember a thing. Last thing I remember is my surgeon's smiling eyes asking if we were ready to do this. I said yes and next thing I knew we were done. Quick recovery. Your date is coming up! Best wishes to you!
  2. pamac

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    :flwrysmile:Hello CricketHip! Weird, but I was thinking about you this morning just about the time you were writing your post. I had a massage yesterday and then you just popped into my head this morning. Glad to hear you're feeling good and you dodged all the super-bug bullets. Be careful with...
  3. pamac

    Scaredy cat

    I'm a year out from my THR. This waiting right now for you is the worst! I was a nut case and thankfully had all these nice bonesmart people to talk me off the ledge. :shocked: In an earlier post you said "I had a dream I woke up from surgery and all the pain was gone". Well for me, that was...
  4. pamac

    THR YAHOO! I made it!

    Great to hear your fantastic update and that you are having good results from pt. Sounds like your pt is what it should be! When I saw my os last week I had to thank him for giving me my life back. Isn't it great? Keep it up and enjoy the rest of the summer. I'm trying to get a round of golf in...
  5. pamac

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    @copsham So glad to hear you are getting back to life. I'm coming up on a year and you know what's amazing is going back and reading my early posts. The pre-op and post-op. What a mess!! Thankfully it is becoming a distant memory! You had some extra challenge with the broken foot. So glad to...
  6. pamac

    THR Finally on the recovery side!

    @Toddlermom Used to be at age 60 but now it's 50. Since I've been talking about it, have heard of quite a few people who had it in their 20's! As soon as it's suggested, do it. I see your date is fast appraching. Best of luck to you! Do as they say, ice, elevation, & stay ahead of the pain...
  7. pamac

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    So glad to see you are home and all is going as scheduled with your hip. And thank you for reaching out to @Nana757 to relay an update (and obviously thank you to her for being the messenger! ) The silence was making us nervous! Take in the attention and let yourself be pampered. You deserve it!
  8. pamac

    THR THR was 2/1 - Scared, left alone, and in pain

    Please post again so we know you have some help. I could not imagine being alone at first both physically and emotionally. I am in your town and can help if you need. Do you have meals.? Enough ice packs, pillows?
  9. pamac

    THR Finally on the recovery side!

    Thank you for your well wishes! My op side is right and the shingles are left. I had quarter size patch right at my groin. Underwear line so hard not to irritate. Also patch at the small of my back, almost straight thru from the patch in the front. These are the only two that blistered. Also...
  10. pamac

    THR Finally on the recovery side!

    I went and got the shingles! The pain is incredible. What is really weird is the nerve pain on the outside of my left leg is just like the sensation I have on the right from surgery. I got to the doctor within 48 hours of the rash showing up, so the meds kept it from really blowing up. Meh.
  11. pamac

    THR YAHOO! I made it!

    Congrats on passing the 6 month mark! Mine is in a couple days and it's hard to believe! I'm playing golf tomorrow and on Sunday. Supposed to rain toward the end of the round tomorrow, but I don't care! :yahoo: Here's to happy & pain free for all.
  12. pamac

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Excellent thread! Of everything about my surgery I was most surprised by the gloom. I had no pain, no complications, I had visitors and lots of attention. It was summer. So hard to express the feelings of being overwhelmed, the anxiety. Thankfully I found Bonesmart and so many compassionate...
  13. pamac

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    So happy to see you on the recovery side my dear!:wave: Better to stay another night to be sure all is OK. Hoping that you're heading home today. You will do great! Keep posting when you can, we're all here for you and want to return the encouragement you have given! :thumb:
  14. pamac

    My Journey in Finding the "Right" Surgeon...

    Hello! Sorry you are in pain but glad you found a surgeon and have your date. You will be AMAZED at the immediate relief. I was scared-not so much for the surgery itself, but the recovery. Now I am 5 months and very happy! Post-surgery remember ice and elevation are your friends. As are water...
  15. pamac

    THR Finally on the recovery side!

    @Medfordart Wouldn't that be a kick to all get together?! I am massaging the scar and around it - I try to do it right after I wake up and before I go to sleep, so I get it done at least once a day.
Back
Top Bottom