Guest viewing is limited

THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello @Nana757 :SUNsmile: Just stopping by to say Happy New Year! Sounds like you are doing well. :)
How are the inserts working out?
 
Well, hey there @CricketHip! Happy New Year to you too! :yes:
Insert worked great when I went out to the golf course yesterday. When I'm home, though, I'm just in socks or barefoot. Hate wearing shoes around the house. If I could go outside barefoot, I would. Been a barefoot kinda gal since childhood. I have decided that I am way past due for another massage, though. Last time I had one, she worked on my feet and thought hmmmm....2nd best thing.....:heehee:
Sounds like your trip was wonderful, but hard on your hip. We are planning a trip to Fl next month, which is about a 13hr drive. We will probably take 2 days and break it up so its not so taxing on either of us. But, I can't wait...especially since the temp is beginning to drop around here and playing days are becoming few and far between.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, today is my 6-month anniversary! My, oh my, where has the time gone! To all my BS friends, I wish you well and pray your recoveries are speedy and without incident. I have been truly blessed with one, myself, but would not have gotten this far without the advice, support, love, laughter and sympathy from all of you. For those of you (you know who you are) who have been by my side this entire journey, I thank you, from the bottom of my heart! No, I'm not going anywhere...except on a long and needed vacation! Just wanted to reassure anyone and everyone who reads my thread, that there is more than just life after THR! There is living!!!!!
 
Congrats on the 6 months, it sure does fly by doesn't it. Hope all is still well and life is fun & pain free.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
@Nana757, I've been learning so much from your pearls of wisdom here in your postings and on the forum....
Thank you so much for the care and time you put into them! iM only entering week 3 and feel like the road in recovery is so long, vague, and UNKNOWN.......except for some of the outcomes I read here! I hope I can
Get to that 6 month mark as you have and feel as relieved.....and "getting on " with life!
My husband and family members keep wanting to plan thinks for me, or us down the road , a trip or whatever....
And I almost just cry, cuz I'm not sure what I'm going to be capable of....and yet I read here not to push the pt and recovery. Yet, as I'm sure many can agree with....most of us have never lived in that way before with that ambiguity ....yet it sure does summarizes the months of agony prior to surgery! Well, toast to you.....much accomplished in the healing and recovery for you.....and also with those of us blessed to see your posts...TX
 
@Readysetgo
Thank you so much for your "visit". I will most assuredly enjoy the vacation. And I don't even care if the weather is uncooperative. Just getting away will do wonders for us!
@geneva
You brought tears to my eyes with your post. Your kind words are so appreciated and welcome. You will see that your recovery will have its ups and downs. But, I promise, there will be many more ups. And, before you know it, you'll reach a point when you get up one morning and have a eureka moment. In the meantime, be patient (I know it can be very difficult) and try not to push too much. As, @Josephine has said hundreds of times, hips to a pretty good job of healing on their own. Just walk, walk and walk some more. I learned, through this whole ordeal, that you can't rush your recovery. It's going to happen at a pace that works best for you. I also learned that PT doesn't work for everyone. My IT band and knee were giving me a fit at one point, while going to PT 3x week. And, lo and behold, when I stopped going, both my knee and IT band stopped bothering me. So, the key is, listen to your body. You are still very young and I would suspect that you will be planning vacations and trips very soon.
Have a great day you two! :roseshwr:
 
My bad @Josephine ... My apologies for not being specific when referring to what you have passed on to others. I was speaking in general terms, but I guess what I should have done was to quote you with "they do a pretty good job of it all on their own", which is what I meant. The walking part was my own comment and I suppose in hindsight, I should have added..."as tolerated and not to excess". Again, my apologies for any misunderstanding I may have caused.
:headbang:
 
Congrats on passing the 6 month mark! Mine is in a couple days and it's hard to believe! I'm playing golf tomorrow and on Sunday. Supposed to rain toward the end of the round tomorrow, but I don't care! :yahoo: Here's to happy & pain free for all.
 
@Nana757 - congratulations on your 6 mth mark. I've been reading your thread and you are such an inspiration as I head toward week 4. I hope I am as active as you are when I reach 6 months.
 
@Nana757 , just saw your post in my lame navigation of the forum here. Much congrats on your 6 month anniversary from your THR !!!! So inspiring and you are a light at the end of the tunnel for many here! Just getting into the walking, and trying to find the motivation, energy to just get out and DO IT, no matter how short. Strange as it seems I get this weird embarrassed feeling about looking handicapped in my neighborhood:umm:.....not my usual previous self. So thank I'm in the midst of a "poor me syndrome" ! Or post surgery funk!
I too had just had that it band stuff so spending some of my scheduled pt time between walking doing core strength which has also gotten sooo weak that it effects all the other alignment !!! hAve a great NEw Hip vacation !!!!!
 
@pamac...thank you and you sound just like me...I don't care what the weather is...I just want to play! And congratulations to you, as well!
@Hipster Coley ... Thank you! I have no doubt that you will be just as active at the 6-month mark. I actually started back bowling at 10 weeks and golfing at 12 weeks. But I did take it slow and was very cautious with my movements. Once I realized, my hip was stronger than I thought, I just kept adding a little at a time and became much more comfortable and confident that everything was okay! And you are quite a few years younger than me...so you CAN do it!
@geneva... Thank you, too! Post op blues....ahh, remember them well....fortunately, they are short lived and once you get more mobile and are able to get outside, you'll feel so much better. It's a combination of cabin fever, loss of independence, and the trauma your body has endured with the surgery. I had many days where I was just a lazy bum, but I didn't care! And, I live I an over 55 community, so walking around with a cane or walker is quite common around here. In fact, if you don't have one, you get stared at! Lol
The stretches lying on my stomach (I posted the how-to in a couple of other threads), really help with the IT band.
Have a wonderful day! I know I will now that I know my good buddie, cynthia777 is doing better! Love to all!!!!
:roseshwr:
 
I so appreciate your comments on my thread! I see you are at 6 months now and doing all sorts of activities! So encouraging to read your thread! Once hip two is done I hope to follow your path to "normalcy"!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
I won't lie to you @jomarie58. There were days when I felt I was going backwards. But I was determined to get the very best outcome I could. I had dreams of being back on the golf course, bowling and vacationing, without that God awful pain, pre surgery. And one day I woke up (about 2 months after surgery)and all the major aches and pains were gone, I was walking normally, almost jumping out of my chair to walk (instead of gingerly getting up and even more gingerly taking that first step) and all without giving my hip a second thought. I had to deal with a bout of bursitis and my IT band still gives me issues every now and then. But compared to before, this is nothing and I know eventually it will work itself out. You and I had the same surgery for the same reason and you are much younger than me. So, believe me, there is life and living after THR!!!! Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful night!
 
Congrats on your anniversary!! You did it with style and grace!! Every day we get stronger and more confident! You've been a great friend to all of us BS buddies! So happy for you!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you so much @beachgal. Having you as a role model made it even easier to get through the early days/weeks of recovery. You were always there to offer support and helpful suggestions and I am truly thankful for that.
Have a wonderful day!
 
you are at 6 months, I am almost 4.5 months, my does the time fly! I remember reading your post surgery posts and trying to get as much info as I could before my own surgery. :snork: I feel like a different person now, just less than 6 months later.. Rawr!
You are such a good friend to us all on this forum... thank you from the bottom of me heart. :roseshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom