THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana757. Hurray for Facebook I also agree they couldn't help but love you you are just amazing. To even attempt a trip like that and come out smiling at the other end is certainly kudos to you.


RTHR February 22, 2016
 
@Nana757, I'm glad that the 'meet the family' went well. You never know, do you? :wink: It sounds like you have a whole new group of awesome people to be friends with! :yay:
@Cynthia777, right? You and I might have something to say to those folks if they didn't appreciate Nana!
Oy about the nightmare in-laws. I have one. Thank goodness for the military and always living hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away from her. I completely understand why my poor DH decided to move out when he was only 15. :holysheep:
 
[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!


Friday funny! Thought of all my BS buddies and the shaving the legs dilemma, we ladies have, following surgery:
 
Just catching up with your thread @Nana757...so glad that nasty stone is a thing of the past, what a lovely vacation you had! I can't wait to get on a plane and just go someplace! And, your latest pic just sent me roaring! :rotfl:
Thank you for that! I needed a healthy laugh!

Take care, have a great weekend!
 
Hi @Nana757 Just catching up with your progress and I am so pleased that your hip is still doing so well and you are still enjoying playing golf as well as having such a fantastic vacation recently.Sorry to hear about the kidney stone but glad the situation is now resolved.This surgery is wonderful especially when you think how bad we all were last year ; in pain,limping around on the sidelines of life.The transformation this surgery has given us is truly amazing.Thank you for your support in my early days.
 
I am a true believer in "laughter is the best medicine" and I'm so glad I could provide some to my BS buddies.
Thank you, @Kim22 for the kind words. I so agree...what an amazing transformation this surgery provides. You know, I often think, at my age, things can only go downhill from here. But with THR's, that is rarely the case. It only improves your quality of life and I am so grateful for that.
@keepmovin .... Yes, fortunately, that little booger is a thing of the past. I took it to my PCP on Thursday, and she is going to have it analyzed. Hopefully, it'll turn out to be just your basic stone and I won't have to make any major lifestyle changes, other than drinking more water...which is so difficult for me. I would much rather sit with a cup of coffee at my side.
We are getting dumped on with rain, so golf is out of the question for the next few days...until things dry up some. But, I will have so many more days to play, I'm not worried at all.
I hope you all have an absolutely lovely day and weekend. :roseshwr:
 
It's rather early in the harvest season but mine are being waxed on Tuesday - as I now resemble a Suffolk Punch dray horse it was either that, or plaiting or cornrows. :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my word! I cannot believe I haven't posted on my thread since April! Well, I just passed my 1st Anniversery for my THR and I must say, the hip problems are a distant memory. I saw my OS 2 weeks ago and the X-rays show everything is in perfect shape. However, I mentioned to him that I've been having thigh pain and after a brief exam and answering a few questions, he determined my problem is my IT Band. So...it's back to PT again. This time, I chose another facility who specializes in sports medicine. WOW! What a difference in treatment protocol. In all the weeks I went to PT, last year, I never once received massages and was continually pushed to do more and more, which I believe is what has caused my problem. This facility believes in treating the problem...not causing it. I have already seen a difference. She manipulates my leg, massages it, has me do minor stretching exercises and we end the session with TENS and ice.
I would say, though, even with this little bump in the road, it has not stopped me from doing what I love to do. It has never been bad enough to resort to hard pain relievers...an occasional Motrin does it, along with the always reliable ice.
I hope all my BS friends are doing well and are happy!!!!! Hugs and kisses to you all.
 
@Nana757 - Happy Anniversay! How lovely to hear from you and with such positive feedback from your OS but sorry to hear that that pesky IT band is giving you trouble. Fingers crossed the new-style PT will address the problem. And best wishes for the happiest and healthiest and painfree hippy future.
 
@Nana757 - Glad to read your post and about your new PT facility. But, come on, as a put-on-hold golfer, I want the skinny on your golf game! And spill the beans.....what's your handicap?
 
Great to hear your fantastic update and that you are having good results from pt. Sounds like your pt is what it should be! When I saw my os last week I had to thank him for giving me my life back. Isn't it great? Keep it up and enjoy the rest of the summer. I'm trying to get a round of golf in a week, but the darn work gets in the way. I love walking the course again, no more cart!
 
Hi there @Miss Muffet and thanks for stopping by for a visit. Yah...if I had it to do all over again, I would not have done the aggressive PT in my early days of recovery. I truly believe that is what has caused this little hitch in my giddle (lol). You know what they say, though...hindsight is 20/20. But, hopefully, this new gal will resolve the problem.
@Nana2-8 ... Thank you, too, for visiting. To be perfectly honest, I picked up my first golf club 3 1/2 years ago and was consistently shooting in the 120's and that was with me teeing up even in the fairway. Now, I'm in the low 90's and my goal is to break 90. My DH is quite impressed with how well I've caught on to the game...given my age and medical setbacks. Once I was comfortable with bowling again after 9 weeks, I started back golfing by 11 weeks and actually improved my drive distance and accuracy. But, I certainly wouldn't recommend getting back into the swing of things that quickly. Let your body tell you when it's ready.
Hi there @pamac! Nice to hear from you. I am so glad I did my homework before choosing this latest PT facility. I knew I wanted a facility that specialized in sports medicine. It's a small facility, but they have everything that would be needed, to get the job done. And, I try to get out to the course at least twice a week, weather permitting. Last week it was just too darn hot...even for me! Now it too rainy and soggy out there. Hoping for tomorrow.
And, @Cynthia777 .... Or should I call you "madam forum advisor"? I, too, miss all our comical threads we shared. It was one of the things that helped me get through recovery. I hope you are doing well, my friend and I promise not to be such a stranger. Miss you bunches.....xoxo.
:spin::friends:
 
Happy Anniversary, @Nana757!! :yes!: I'm so happy that you've reached the One Year mark and have regained so much of the enjoyable things that suffered because of your hip. :)
I'm sorry to hear about the thigh pain and the IT Band issue. The new PT sounds like a winner! I loved the massage aspect of my PT experience as well as the gentle stretching. Pushing things definitely does not help in the long run, does it? It's a learning process I think a lot of us go through. I hope your pain issue is resolved quickly.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, friend! It's so good to hear from you. :)
 
Thank you, my dear sweet @Medfordart!
And @DeepBreath, you are so so right. Aggressive PT does nothing but cause future problems. Lesson very well learned here. But, the good news is I have already begun to see a huge difference in the discomfort levels, in just 4 sessions. So, I should be better than good as new in a very short while. Hope you are doing well and enjoying this wonderful weather we're having. :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom