My Journey in Finding the "Right" Surgeon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Cynthia777 , it's nice to hear an update from you and I'm sorry your hip is hurting so much. However, you will feel good after the op. Like you, I also left it until very late and was limping around and in agony. I had my surgery on April 20, and my legs have never felt as strong as the are feeling now - even my unoperated leg feels better, strangely enough. I've even taken to running again and will take part in the 31st December run in my village tomorrow. Keep us up to date - and all the best for 2016. Hugs from Constanze
 
@Constanze
Hello, hello, hello! Another one of my inspirational hippies! Thank you for your kind words Constanze!
You mentioned that your unoperated leg even feels better and I'm experiencing the same strange phenomenon. The right hip, which I had scheduled for replacement and postponed, has suddenly felt much better since my left hip has become so painful! What's that about? Lol!
It really has been a blessing that I postponed my right THR. I could have been in big trouble with my left hip collapsing so soon after having had the right hip replaced. God works in mysterious ways and I'm sure glad He does! Thanks for stopping by and you have a very blessed 2016!
 
Hey lady! Good to hear from you although I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I hardly sign on here now but got an email about your post since I must be 'watching' it, lol. Anyway, glad you decided on a surgeon. Over the holidays family asked about my hip and it now takes me a second to understand what they are talking about because it feels that normal! Btw, random, but I do recommend the vitamin E on the scar. I've been doing it daily now and my dermatologist saw it and was 'very pleased' with how it looked and is healing. When is the surgery? Happy New Year!
 
Hi Cynthia, Sorry to hear you have been in pain, but am glad you have your surgery scheduled. That's great that you don't have pain after the PT. I feel like the swimming and work I did on the machines before the surgery really helped. It made it easier to get out of the bed and to the bathroom.

I was thinking, you really don't see the surgeon that much with this surgery, anyway. The fact that he is skilled and experienced is the main thing. I only saw my surgeon a couple of times after the surgery. (not before.) It sounds like you have lots of emotional support already. That helps a lot.
 
@Cynthia777 Happy New Year! This next year will find you with bionic parts and you will feel so much better. Thank you for being such a big part of my recovery. You are a great cheerleader and we will cheer you on as well. No one is more prepared than you! Take care my friend. Hugs, Barb
 
Hi @Cynthia777 I haven't been on the forum consistently recently and over the holidays I couldn't seem to get access for long so I missed your post about you deciding on a surgeon and planning a date.I am sorry you have been in so much pain recently but as you say you are no longer in doubt about going ahead with your surgery.You will not regret your decision.My surgery was 14 weeks ago and the hip is doing so well.I can even tie my shoelaces again.I still have a little bit of muscle discomfort after activity but this is getting better now.I have been in the pool today for the first time and it felt so good to be swimming as well as walking in the water.Wishing you all the very best for your surgery.I seemed to have missed the date ?
 
Wow! Bless your hearts!!!! I've never felt so much love in all my life!!! You all are such a wonderful family and I hold you all close to my heart!!!!

Today was my appointment with the surgeon I will be using on February the 2nd at 9:10 am. I had X-rays taken and both femurs have begun to collapse, with the left one being far worse than the right. I am back in the foggy head place, in disbelief that the surgery is FINALLY going to happen. I appreciate all of you who have had patience with my vaccinations with moving forward!
I found out I will only be taking aspirin therapy instead of injections, but will have to wear those dreaded TED stockings :tantrum2:
Love and hugs to all of you my friends!!!!
Btw...@Hip Hip Hooray...my surgeon was trained by your surgeon (Dr. Matta), so I know I'll be in good hands.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God...I'm glad you're getting this done. That's scary about the femurs beginning to collapse. Yes, I agree that you will be in good hands. Dr. Matta's fellows have received rave reviews. I studied them on line. He's a master teacher. I could feel it in his presence. A couple of his students watched my surgery, and they seemed so excited, inspired, and sincere. Good energy.

Why are you only going to be taking aspirin therapy? (if you don't mind me asking.) You don't want something stronger?
 
@Cynthia777 hey hey hey!! Look who's here! Well, my little buddy, I am sorry to hear that you are in pain but am also relieved to hear that you have made your choice of Dr's and have a surgery date. The indecision is just so difficult! I mean, it's not like we are deciding on whether to use pink nail polish or red on our next pedi!
I am slow to reply, have been out of town (state) since Dec 20th.. and am now back to work..
But will be around and will happily cheer you on!!!
:happydance:
 
@Hip Hip Hooray!
I apologize, as I wasn't clear about the aspirin therapy (in fact I just edited my post). What I meant was, I will be taking aspirin instead of injections for the blood thinning post-op. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Yes, I feel very confident with Dr. Antebi at the helm. :-)

@CricketHip
God love you! You ALWAYS bring a smile to my face. I'm so happy to hear you are out galavanting all over the place. You've come a long way baby! Thanks for always being there for us, it means a lot to all of you hip buddies!!!
 
@Cynthia777 are you having a bilateral?
I had a aprin therapy and am glad I didn't have to deal with injections. The TED socks are annoying but aren't forever!
Your Surgery is right around the corner. I have to tell you, I have no regrets. It is scary and the first few months you'll be recovering but think about the long term benefits!!
 
@Gummy Bears
Hello Sweetie! Thanks for rooting me on! I'm not having bilateral, however I will be having the second hip replaced shortly after the first surgery. I forgot to ask my surgeon how long I need to wait between surgeries, but I'm thinking somewhere between 60 and 90 days (probably dependent on how my first recovery goes). I've been so inspired by my friends (you being one of them) recoveries, which really helps so much. Thanks for being here for me! :loveshwr:
 
Hello! Sorry you are in pain but glad you found a surgeon and have your date. You will be AMAZED at the immediate relief. I was scared-not so much for the surgery itself, but the recovery. Now I am 5 months and very happy!
Post-surgery remember ice and elevation are your friends. As are water and protein. You need fuel for recovery. Take care of yourself prior to Feb 2. :thumb:
 
@Hip Hip Hooray!
I apologize, as I wasn't clear about the aspirin therapy (in fact I just edited my post). What I meant was, I will be taking aspirin instead of injections for the blood thinning post-op. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Yes, I feel very confident with Dr. Antebi at the helm. :)

Oh good. That's what I did, too. I'm glad you'll have the pain meds. They really work well. I was amazed. Sending good vibes to you for this surgery. I thought about you last week with the El Nino rains. It's good that you are not going to be driving in that.
 
@pamac
I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing!!!! What a blessing! I'm with you...not really afraid of surgery (I KNOW I'm in good hands...and I'm not referring to my surgeon :heehee:), but the recovery. After all this time you'd think I'd be better prepared emotionally for the impending recovery. Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate it!
 
@Hip Hip Hooray!
Amen on not driving 3 hours in the potential El Niño we are facing! You got quite a blast last rain, but for some reason it doesn't rain near as much here and we're only about 35 miles apart. :-)
 
@pamac
I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing!!!! What a blessing! I'm with you...not really afraid of surgery (I KNOW I'm in good hands...and I'm not referring to my surgeon :heehee:), but the recovery. After all this time you'd think I'd be better prepared emotionally for the impending recovery. Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate it!

I was very emotional leading up the the surgery. Hysterical, actually. It went so smoothly... I can't believe how much better it was than I had expected. I had blown up this whole scenario that didn't apply. You'll do great.
 
@Hip Hip Hooray!
Amen on not driving 3 hours in the potential El Niño we are facing! You got quite a blast last rain, but for some reason it doesn't rain near as much here and we're only about 35 miles apart. :)

Yes, we did. The water actually came in under my front door. Everything's okay now. I'm glad your surgery is close to home. It's nice not to have to drive that far. I found getting in the car as a passenger made me very nervous post op.
 
Cindy, you are going to be so happy soon! I am excited for you! Surgery, no big deal, recovery- really just a nuisance. Patience is the key to all! And the Bonesmart mantras. (Esp ice). I know that the Lord will hold you up and give you strength, ease your worries and nourish your spirit throughout your journey. If I could get through it, you will SAIL through. I am excited for you to feel better. A couple months from now you will feel like you've taken 20-30 years off. The cold weather here is rough, maybe I need to come down to keep you company! Moral support, ya know. ?? Sorry it took me a bit to respond. I get sidetracked and forgetful all to easily. Haha! I will be right here, holding your virtual hand through the next weeks. Love and Hugs to you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom