Hi
@copsham , I'm very pleased to hear some news from you and that you're doing so well.
Guess what - we're on holiday again. Like last year in January, we are in New Zealand. But this time, we are exploring the southern island. So far, we've had a lovely time, canoeing on Dart River (not far from Queenstown), zip lining, hill walking. Like last year, we will spend a week at our house in Cairns to look after it.
Did you not travel to Australia last year? And if so, what was it like? No problem if you didn't make it to Cairns. In fact, my husband intends to sell that house, and guess what? Maybe he'll by one in England. That would be something. This is our original intention we had in the 90s, we decided against it at the time, because it was too complicated to move with 4 teenage children.
But the idea sounds fun. In fact, it turned out that the house in Australia is too far away to look after. You really have to be present more often - and flying over once a year for 1 week is not enough.
My hip is all right. I even ran a marathon last August in a forest near a village located about 3 kms from Langen, the town where I work. I finished it, although I had to walk a few kilometres towards the end. The only problems I had were because of the heat (30°C - about 86°F), not hip related.
Best wishes from Queenstown - Constanze