THR Finally on the recovery side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a wonderful update! Happy to hear you are now able to do the things you love. I totally understand about the PTSD syndrome as I suffered from it as well. But has since disappeared...thank goodness. Have a wonderful day with your new found freedom!
 
Hi everyone and Happy Holidays!
:dancing:
I have not checked in for some time - 2 months?? Wow. That is what happens when you no longer think about your hip 24/7. It's hard to imagine, when I relied on all of you SO MUCH before and after my surgery. The real and emotional support provided here is invaluable.
I still have a numb spot on the outside of my thigh. It just feels weird. I kind of over-did trying to do lunges and have a little hip flexor pain, but taking it easy and it's improving.
:reindeer:I love this guy because I can do this now! Best wishes to all for 2016!
 
Pacmac....my numb spot is getting less and less. I do massage the scar area every night. Are you doing that. It promotes healing.

This is such a great group. I sure wished we all lived closer!
 
@Medfordart Wouldn't that be a kick to all get together?! I am massaging the scar and around it - I try to do it right after I wake up and before I go to sleep, so I get it done at least once a day.
 
Sounds like you are doing everything right. I am two weeks ahead of you and seeing progress with the numbness. I am doing great, but still have a little problem with stairs and stiffness...but it keeps getting better every day and definitely beats that pain.
I am so glad we all connected. It made the hard times better!
 
I went and got the shingles! The pain is incredible. What is really weird is the nerve pain on the outside of my left leg is just like the sensation I have on the right from surgery. I got to the doctor within 48 hours of the rash showing up, so the meds kept it from really blowing up. Meh.
 
oh @pamac !! Thank goodness you were able to start the medications to keep it to a low roar! You mentioned your left leg, so where are your shingles? My poor mom had a horrible time when she had them,, she is very cautious about taking meds and refused to take the medications at first and the shingles really pounced on her. Hers were on her face and head.
Please report in when you can with an update. will keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself.. :sleep: sleep as much as you can..
 
I got a minor case on my rump, a year or two ago. The Dr gave me an Rx to keep it from getting out of control and, fortunately, it worked. I just had a small patch, about the size of a 50 cent piece. But, it still was no fun. I have since gotten the shingles vaccine. Hoping your bout gets under control quickly. Best wishes @pamac.
 
Thank you for your well wishes! My op side is right and the shingles are left. I had quarter size patch right at my groin. Underwear line so hard not to irritate. Also patch at the small of my back, almost straight thru from the patch in the front. These are the only two that blistered. Also had them down the front of my leg to just above the inside of my knee and around the outside of my left hip. Those got really red then faded after I started the antiviral. The pain started a week before the first rash showed. Pulsing spasms burning sensitive to the touch and it really fires up at night. The worst pain was not even where the rash was at first. It was a band across my back below my bra strap and down the outside of my thigh to my knee. Now it's just at my groin. I was freaked out and got a zit on my forehead which in turn freaked me out cuz I knew they can be on your face. Never so happy to have a zit! I feel for your Mom @CricketHip , I can't imagine an older person having to endure this. It's very cruel. Doc says even tho it has been six months since surgery and everything went well, it could be the long term stress of the pain then anxiety and overall trauma of the surgery that lowered my immune system and made my body forget to fight the virus. It is much better but still quite annoying at night .
 
Ouch!!! Feel better......what age should you get the vaccine? My mom got shingles not long ago, and I want to dodge that one.
 
@Toddlermom Used to be at age 60 but now it's 50. Since I've been talking about it, have heard of quite a few people who had it in their 20's! As soon as it's suggested, do it. I see your date is fast appraching. Best of luck to you! Do as they say, ice, elevation, & stay ahead of the pain. You'll do great.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom