Recent content by My way

  1. My way

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    Hey Lmarshall I've been away for a while too. I guess that happens as we start to improve and pick up our lives again. :) I'm happy To hear you don't have any retina damage. Like you, my knees don't give me much grief but, I do have aches in some of the muscles. It is worse in the evenings. I...
  2. My way

    TKR Recovery update: Could this bump be scar tissue?

    Hi wifiwildflower I can't add anything to the great advice you have already been given. Rest and take it slow and easy. Listen to your knees and you'll do fine. I'm 5 months out from my surgery and still get the occasional zap, zing and what the heck was that feeling. :) Time and patience is...
  3. My way

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    Hi new knee in June Isn't it wonderful to be able to shop!!! :happydance: I love strolling through the malls this time of year and this year I can do it! :egypdance: I can only imagine how good we will feel as the months go by. Has the storm hit you guys yet? We get it tomorrow night and...
  4. My way

    TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

    OHHHH... they look good! Do you think you could pop over with a batch? I'll Put the kettle on now for tea. :) It's amazing how we still get ourselves in the ODIC! Not so surprising for you as you are recovering from another round of surgery on your poor knee, but we don't learn.:sigh: Wanda
  5. My way

    Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

    HI!!! new knee in June Myself and Himself should have a Great Christmas!!! We have been on another roller coaster for the past few weeks but we both got off that ride today. Himself had a hernia repair this morning. It's the first operation he has ever had. :yikes: I have to admit he's dealing...
  6. My way

    TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

    Hi puffin I have been thinking about you all day and wondering how things went with your appointment. We are getting our first snowfall tomorrow! :yikes: I wonder how walking is going to go????? I'm still nervous on wet slippery floors! can't imagine snow and ice. Should be...
  7. My way

    MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

    Hi Alison, I'm popping in to check on you. I can understand your frustration with your memory and speech. I do hope your pain is getting a bit better and I'm happy to see you get to visit your wonderful horses. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It is very upsetting when our pets get sick...
  8. My way

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    Hi there, new knee in June So happy to hear you are doing so well! :happydance: Things are going rather well on this end also. Very little pain now and every week I can feel my legs getting stronger. The babies are starting to do what I want them to do. :snork: HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!!!!! Wanda
  9. My way

    Bilateral TKR Howard's BTKR Update

    Hi hbark I'm 5 months out from a BTKR and last week I told my OS I thought there was a problem with my left knee because I have some pain. His answer was" it's normal and you are very early into an 18 month recovery." I guess we have to step back and realize we have a ways to go yet. We feel so...
  10. My way

    Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

    Well it's a few days shy of 5 months since the arrival of my twin knees. No, new knee in June we can't get off the ride quite yet but the ride is getting smoother. Life has almost returned to normal! :SUNsmile: I walk the beach everyday for an hour or two and I can shop!!!! :happydance...
  11. My way

    TKR Sailor's Recovery Thread

    Hi there SFBaySailor I think some candles in the window, a nice wreath on the door and a little greenery on the step would be fine. Don't push it. Wanda
  12. My way

    TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

    Hi there puffin I'm so happy to hear you are feeling good! :egypdance: I hope all your trouble is behind you now! I'm trying to get caught up with everyone. I'm like Diana and busy getting on with life, in a fashion. I'm still off work but planning to return after Christmas. The left knee still...
  13. My way

    TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

    Hi Titianlady I haven't been on here much myself getting on with life as well I suppose. I've been thinking of you all and had to check in. It's great that we are busy and moving on but we all seem to be drawn back to all the friends we have met along this journey. I also have pain on the outer...
  14. My way

    MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

    hi, HorseyLady Wow!! I haven't been on here for a while and I am sorry to hear your news. I pray the pain gets better soon. :flwrysmile: Wanda
  15. My way

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    Okay, So I've been out of the loop for a bit (Took a few days from home improvement and went on a mini vacation) and missed your new addition. He's beautiful!!! Missed your new job story as well and I hope all goes well.:) So new knee in June at 4+ months post op you think you can play on the...
Back
Top Bottom