TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my wonderful BoneSmarties!! Thank you for all your posts and concern :thankyou: :thankyou:

It's been a rough road with this knee. I went to the surgeon yesterday as I have been havingn a lot of pain on the outside of the knee down the side of the shin all the way to the foot. The foot even cramps up.

The surgeon said I may have peroneal nerve entrapment. He said there is a risk of this when a valgus knee deformity is corrected by replacement. The pain is very bad at night and interferes with my sleep.

He told me to apply some heat, not cross my legs, and to see if it will settle down in the next 6-8 weeks. If not, he gave me an order for a nerve conduction test with a neurologist. If it shows entrapment of the nerve, then he will schedule the surgery to release it.

Other than that, all seems to be going ok.

Take care my friends!! Love ya all!!
 
Dear Toni,
I am sorry to hear you are in pain :sad: This knee needs to behave itself :hissy: Have you been able to
Get out with your hubby ? Out to eat, see a movie, meet with friends....it all makes us feel better :)
If you need this surgery, is it only minor ?
Sweetie...I will continue to :angel: for you, to not have the pain you have been having.
Please keep us posted....we love you !!!!
Thinking of you always,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
so sorry to hear that you're still having problems with that second knee. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and hope things soon resolve. Take care and keep us posted 'cause you know we care!
 
Toni,
Good to hear from you, sorry you are having such problems with your peroneal nerve:sad:. Sending you healing thoughts and prayers for healing. :console2:
 
Hi Toni, just visiting from the 'hippie' side to say yellow, take care, sorry you are having problems with your second knee :)
 
Hi Toni,
Hope things start improving with your knee soon, glad everything else is going OK!
Poppet, thanks, and Thank you for your wonderful nutritional advice posts!
:flwrysmile:
 
Pumpkln, hi honey, thanks for tagging me, I went looking for your thread late last night to visit and chat with you, but my eyes kept closing.. I am pleased you like the articles.. I have a very special one soon to be published so keep an eye out for it.. Take care honey xx
 
hello sweetie how ya doing? I hope great. Im nearly able to walk with one crutch for short periods,hope you are A
:flwrysmile: !
 
Titianlady,

Toni, I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems! Please keep us posted as to how things turn out! You know we care about you, and if I could get new knee in June, to release the warriors :umm: That I "let" her borrow, I would send them to you in a heartbeat to do some gentle massaging on that leg! :wink:
 
Hi all!! Sorry to be so MIA. It's been a rough road with this knee and I have been doing all I can to get it right. I feel much better. My knee feels better although it will never feel as natural as my right one. I have fabulous ROM yet it still feels very heavy and stiff when I walk.

Is everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving? I am doing the cooking this year and will have a BoneMart member coming for Thanksgiving dinner and a visit for a few days!!

I need to start catching up with everyone and checking in with the new members. My goodness we have so many new folks!

Thank you so much everyone for your love and concern. This is the best place ever, and the best members in the world.
 
Toni,
Glad to hear you are doing well with your left TKR, hope that someday it feels as good as the right TKR :yes:.
Happy to hear you are going to have a member over for Thanksgiving :yay: . You will have a wonderful time.
Did you ever get the sticker sheet from the hospital for the type of implant you have in your Left TKR?
Wishing you continued healing!
 
Hey buddy Titianlady so nice to hear from you, Im still soldiering on. Scar is tight but good ROM . Glad for your thanksgiving wish I was there:happydance:
 
Pumpkln yes, I asked the surgeon . It's a new design by DePuy. It came out in 2012. I am not happy to have a new untried implant, but I'm stuck with it. I don't like the way it feels. There is a huge difference in how the two different implants feel. The Stryker implant is so natural through motion that I can't tell I have a replacement. The dePuy feels heavy, mechanical, and unnatural to say the least. I feel like I am dragging around a 10 pound weigh attached to my leg. After I walk a short while my leg is exhausted.

I do hope it will get better with time. It's only been 5 months since my surgery.
 
Titianlady, I am glad that your back. We missed you. Things will get better with time. Sometimes we have a surprise and thats when I take time to count my blessing. Take care and god to have you back. Tashia
 
How is the wind in your area. We are getting some and I do hope that my flowers don't decide to drop in. So far they are staying put. When you go shopping don't over due it. Take care and enjoy your week. Tashia
 
Hi Toni,
I don't post much any more ( getting on with life ) :) I wanted you to know, I am so happy to have met you :)
We traveled together & supported each other for 6 months :SUNsmile: good times & bad. You are a wonderful lady
& I hope your knee behaves & you can enjoy your life with your wonderful husband.
Thank You for being there :friends: it means a lot to me,
Love,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Hi Titianlady I haven't been on here much myself getting on with life as well I suppose. I've been thinking of you all and had to check in. It's great that we are busy and moving on but we all seem to be drawn back to all the friends we have met along this journey. I also have pain on the outer side of my left knee that goes part way down my leg. I think in time your knee will feel more natural. I saw my surgeon last week and told him my left knee doesn't fell as good as the right. I described the pain and he felt it was hamstring issues and it will get better with time. :sigh: Time and patience......His words...You are not 5 months into a year long recovery and with both knees done you are looking at 18 months.
Take care and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
Wanda
 
Toni, How are you doing? I hope that the knee is getting better and not hurting the rest of the body. Have you any information on much the knee weights? I am so surprised that you got two difference even though I know many have different ones. Please take care and rest. Please call the doctor and tell him about your concern. Take care my dear friend. Tashia
 
Titianlady
Hi Toni,
Hope all is well with you :) Is that knee behaving itself ? I wanted to wish you & your family :mer xm: &
A better 2014.
You deserve it :xmas-kitty:
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :xmas-tree: :santa sleigh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom