TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Josephine :thumb:

I am having adhesion release surgery on Friday which I am hoping will help a little. One problem is that the knee itself seems OK it bends and stretches OK and consequently the OS is not seeing this as a big problem assessing the "little picture"

However the "big picture" is that I still have low functionality, poor balance, bad sleep and considerable pain and am heading into my 4th YEAR with a walker next week.
 
So sorry to hear this puffin. I hope you find some relief on Friday! Peace and prayers to you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Puffin I had extensive scar tissue removal and a spacer exchange---so my story is only slightly relelvant to your upcoming surgery. I was in pain for two or three days and then progressed fairly quickly. They did open up my scar again--but, really it healed within two weeks. I had to be careful of exercise since I had had so much scar tissue--but, for you I think you will have to take it easy for a week or so and then you will be able to move on.
 
Puffin, sending hugs :console2:and hoping you get wonderful results after Friday's procedure.
 
Thanks for the good wishes gazelle7777 leejaa & Jozilla - I have to do my hibiscrub shower (hate the stuff) :groan: at home soon and have to report to the orthopaedic surgical ward at 8am tomorrow having done a second shower so it looks like an early start - the hospital is an hour away :yikes:

skigirl thanks for the information :thumb: - they have told me that they will cut the top of the scar but not how long recovery might take. It is a bit of a blow and delay as most of my rehab has been pool based because of the problems I am having with muscle weakness, balance and bone marrow edema etc - so I am hoping to get back before they close for Christmas. Not sure if the hard lump caused by the remains of the hematoma will cause problems or not
 
Dear Puffin,
I am just stopping by, to say good luck for tomorrow :) I am thinking of you & sending :angel: & :console2:
Your way. I hope you get some relief from your long recovery.
We all Love you, please keep us updated when you are able :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
The hard lump is maybe the scar tissue that they are going to remove. at any rate, the scar seemed to heal much faster the second time. I use the pool as well, so I hope you get back into it soon.
 
Back home from the surgery it seems to have gone OK but obviously it is swollen, sore and bruised so I'm icing and elevating
 
Great to hear all went well :) It must be wonderful to be home :kittykiss:
Did you have a lot of scar tissue removed ? Did your doctor say the operation
Was a success ?
Rest now..... :angel: & :console2:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Glad you are home and have this procedure behind you. Rest and get that swelling down :sleep: . I hope you feel better soon. Let us know what they really did once you are more up to it Lee :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Puffin,
I hope your recovery is going well :) There are not that many folks who still post from June.
They must be doing well :kittykiss:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you & your family :friends:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
puffin, sending some warm and healing thoughts your way. Lee:kittykiss: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone - I am doing OK at 5 days post op - it already feels like I have a little more movement than before but it is hard to tell while it is still bruised with stitches pulling plus there is a giant waterproof dressing that is a little constraining.

I am not totally sure what the OS actually did as I did not actually see him after surgery. It feels as though he may have needed to do more than he expected - although not a total surprise to me.

It was very chaotic on the ortho ward as they had 3 staff members out sick. I arrived at 8am and was due to go to surgery at 11am but for some reason they came for me at 9.15. It was so early that nothing was ready - I had no IV and when we got to the OR there was no operating table in the OR :yikes: - so the first period was spent sitting on the edge of my bed in the corridor while the staff built an operating table :umm: But before 10am we were about ready to go. I had a short GA and woke at 10.45 as I was lifted back onto my bed to go to recovery. By 11.20 I was ready to return to the ward but I had to wait until 12.15 as there was no-one to collect me!! By 1pm I was ready to go home - but I would need to wait until 6pm to see the doctor so I opted to go home. I have a follow up appointment on December 9th

At the moment I get very tired but hopefully this will pass
 
puffin, good to hear from you. I am glad that you already feel like the surgery made a difference. I look forward to hearing more and more about your progress. You are such a bright star on this forum. Have a wonderful day. Lee:flwrysmile:
 
Good to hear your report out!

I would have gone home too rather than wait hours to see the dr. Much better to go home and be in your own bed with all of your comfies around you.

And that's great you have more movement; sounds promising!
All the best!
 
Hi there puffin I'm so happy to hear you are feeling good! :egypdance: I hope all your trouble is behind you now! I'm trying to get caught up with everyone. I'm like Diana and busy getting on with life, in a fashion. I'm still off work but planning to return after Christmas. The left knee still ain't as good as the right . It isn't as loose and I still have discomfort on the outside of the knee but the OS feels I'm doing well and this isn't unusual.
take care of that knee
Wanda
 
Hello Puffin,
Happy 6 months to your knee :) Thank you for visiting my forum. When do your stitches come out ?
Even though it has been a longer journey with your knee, I :angel: you have a great out- come.
Sometimes things take a while longer...So, please have patience & faith you will be happy once you heal from
Your surgery's.
I'm thinking of you always :friends:
I will see if my daughter can post some pictures of "Koda" for you, he is soooooo big :puppysmooze:
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom