MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Rehab team Physio has been today. Oh how I wish I could have smashed her face in with Wanda's frying pan. Sorry if this makes me sound a horrible person, I am not, but she really hurt me and did not stop when asked.

Oh MY Allison, It seems I have missed a whole lot since my second knee surgery. I'm sorry for not keeping up with your thread, as I was busy being drugged up and silly on mine. It took my mind of the pain and second isolation period.

YOU SHOULD HAVE CLOCKED THAT P/T RIGHT UPSIDE THE HEAD with your frying pan and whatever else you could find! :gaah: I'm not looking forward to out-patient P/T next week, but I already told him that I wanted more of a manual approach this time. He wasn't pleased, but I will find another one if necessary.

Hope you got things squared away with your OS and a new surgery appointment. :console2:

Psst... Don't tell new knee in June, but I have secretly stashed 2 of her Warriors and a bunch of walnuts for you when you're up to it. :wink: I hid them in a safe place.... WAIT, I think she's coming :scary: , gotta run! :bicycle2:
 
:iagree:

I think that we need a frying-pan smilie for certain PTs mentioned on this board :heehee:

Hope that your OS meeting went well Alison
 
Hi Alison,
Thinking of you often :) Hoping everything is alright with you, please post when you can :friends:
Have a nice weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Alison,
Just letting you know I'm thinking of you tonight :friends: Hope all is well :)
Have a nice weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Finally I am back at home. Just wanted to let you know that I had an Aneurism on my brain and a small stroke, was taken by ambulance to hospital. I have stayed in for nearly 4 weeks with lots of scans and angiograms and fortunately have been very lucky. My knee is much stiffer as have been in bed for so long so not got better at all from my exercises as not allowed to do anything. 1 day in Intensive care, 1 week in High Dependence then nearly 3 weeks in Neuro ward. Have to say at home with no driving or riding with lots of rest time and small amounts to use computer! Another scan in 8 weeks and hope my brain is getting better after all this. Finally to see this as not been allowed! Just wanted you all to know about me and hope my friends are all doing well xxx
 
Wow! You were so missed. I kept noticing people inquiring about you with no response. I was thinking you needed to take a break from the forum. Sometimes life gets intense and the forum only adds to the intensity.

So you're on the mend, but what a trial you've been through. They say we're never given more than we can handle, but do we really need to test that theory?!! Anyhow, I am so glad to hear from you.
 
Dear Alison,
I don't know what to say :sad: I am so sorry this has happened to you. I can offer you :angel: & :console2:
I am glad the hospital is keeping an eye on you, & do hope for a great recovery.
I can still picture you riding on your beloved Horsie Babies, so please get better :)
Prayers & Hugs coming your way,
Love, Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Alison! I am so sorry that this has hapened to you on top of everything else that you have gone through this year :friends:

Hoping that you recover well from this latest setback and that you will drop by when you can to let us know how you are getting on
 
Just thought I'd give you a quick update :)

My head is the same - I am permanently in pain and I have been told it can be months if not more. I had an aneurysm that ruptured and caused a subarachnoid hemmorrhage and a small stroke so although my bleeding has stopped, this clot is sat there and causing pressure. This is due to speech, spelling and memories because it sits in my left hand side head which pushes on the language centre :tantrum: Oh, and I cry all the time!!

My speech therapy is lovely and works with me but I get very upset about losing some words. My writing is fine though although reading books is not happening yet due to remembering the pages I read. You have to laugh :SUNsmile:

See my Neurosurgeon in 6 weeks for another CT scan and angiogram to see if this stupid clot has decided to go away! Unfortunately I am not allowed to drive for at least 6 months and maybe more - the DVLA told me it is also common to have epilepsy and seizure in the first year. Can't ride or even lift things up as anything heavy hurts the head!

I am telling you, I thought all my knee problems were enough but it seems that this is even worse! I don't even worry about the silly knee :happydance:

My physio came last week and she looked at my knee and said it was stiff but it is the last thing to worry about it. Gentle exercising and some very small CPM is fine but not to lean back and have my head pressured. Got to sit at 45 degrees and keep head up and not push it sideways or any pressure. She knows all about brain injuries which was lovely and she is also writing to my knee consultant, Mr Walsh so he knows about not pushing. I can get to 85 on the CPM and was told to be happy :egypdance:


Hope you are all progressing with your knees and doing well. I am thinking of you all! If you have a minute please think of some prayers and hugs for me :angel:
 
Oh my. I just cannot imagine. Thanks for letting us know what's going on. I've been thinking about you.
 
Prayers coming your way :angel: and wishes for a speedy recovery. If it helps any I knew someone who had what seems to be a similar event and although recovery took a bit she is just fine now and has been for several years. You are very lucky to have caught it in time and to be on the mend. Best wishes and prayers for you.:flwrysmile:
 
Dearest Alison,
I am very happy you are being well taken care of :) I am sorry you are in pain. You don't have to ask me
To pray for you, I have been since we "met" 5 months ago :angel:
I know you will do well in therapy, you will get better day by day :SUNsmile:
Please keep posting,
Thinking of you always :friends:
Hugs & :angel: coming your way....
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Alison I am so sorry to hear of your recent illness. Let me tell you you are one very brave Lady. I cant imagine what you are going through? Just as you were getting a little independence and freedom back after your TKR this happens. I am so sorry. I don't think I could even think about phyisio for the knee after that. I wish you gentle healing and will look in on you to see how you are doing. I don't come on the forum as often as I used to but I will be sure to drop by. Take care. Sending you hugs. :friends: :friends: :friends:
 
So sorry to hear that it is such slow progress for your poor head - such a shame after all of your TKR issues. I know how frustrating it can be to lose your independence after working so hard after your TKR. I am glad that they are caring for you well. Take very good care of yourself :friends:
 
hi, HorseyLady Wow!! I haven't been on here for a while and I am sorry to hear your news. I pray the pain gets better soon.
:flwrysmile:

Wanda
 
Here's hoping each day brings you improved will, strength and peace. I was having a pity party for my aches and pains til I read your post. I will take my negative energy and change it to positive thoughts and prayers for you.
 
Dear Alison,
Thinking of you, :angel: for your health & hope you are progressing in therapy :) If I don't hear from
You, have a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year :martini:
I think of you often :console2: & pray for your health,
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom