TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your walk and happy birthday to the knee. Have a splendiferous day. Lee:flwrysmile:
 
Wow Diana - Happy ½ year anniversary to your knee - and mine as well - we were in surgery the same day! :cheers: :martini: :egypdance:

Sounds as though you are making the perfect recovery - a whole day raking leaves is no mean feat :yay:

My recovery is much slower and I still have stitches :gaah:
 
Update on LTKR.....Today is 6 months & 1week :dancy: The biggest improvement I notice now is, I have
Absolutely no knee pain at all, it's raining & sleeting & my knee is not stiff, no sign of arthritic pain, nothing.
My R.O.M has to be around 140 I can almost touch my butt with my foot :happydance: I can't believe I will be getting
Better in the next 6 months......Maybe I will run a marathon :rotfl: :rotfl: ( just Kidding) I don't limp & stairs are
Really easy. I do hold onto the railing..but, my legs do all the work.
I am so grateful for my recovery & my O.S & to all of you...my Bonesmartie :friends: :friends:
I want to wish Everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!! Peace, Love & Joy :angel:
Sincerely,
Diana...."JUNE SUNBEAMS" :SUNsmile: IT can only get better :happydance: :happydance:
 
Hi there, new knee in June So happy to hear you are doing so well! :happydance: Things are going rather well on this end also. Very little pain now and every week I can feel my legs getting stronger. The babies are starting to do what I want them to do. :snork:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!!!!!
Wanda
 
Hi Diana sunbeam leader :SUNsmile: - very happy that all is going so well - 140 ROM - wow

Hoping that you have a very enjoyable festive season free from knee pain and able to do the things you want to do :egypdance: :happydance: :angel: :puppysmooze:
 
Diana = May your Holidays:xmas-merry: be joy-filled, and may all your hopes and dreams:presnt: become reality. On to 2014 and a new life for both of us! Thanks for being a great companion in healing the past six plus months....:santa sleigh: onward we go to our one year anniversary in June! See you there Pal!:huggy santa: Hugs to you!Joan
 
Hi Diana!! Life does get very busy when you are feeling better doesnt it??! I see you got an adorable puppy!!! LOVE that he is a rescue! I see the size of his paws..WOW hes gonna be a BIG BOY! Did you ever get that job you interviewed for?

You are so good with your updates...I never mentioned in my update that I have been off pain meds for at least 3 weeks. I still take the occasional anti inflammatory, and if I have had a bad day, I do use Voltaren gel on my achilles, but its wonderful to not take any regular meds. Oddly enough, since the surgery, I dont need my high blood pressure pills either. I havent measured my ROM in at least 2 months. I have the feeling mine isnt as good as yours, but its still GREAT for me. In and out of small cars still takes a bit of complaining LOL but notihng mind blowing. Have a wonderful HOldiday!!
 
Thank you very much for stopping back and posting that wonderful message!

The biggest improvement I notice now is, I have
Absolutely no knee pain at all, it's raining & sleeting & my knee is not stiff, no sign of arthritic pain, nothing.
Awesome!! You are now living the life you deserve and enjoying the life!!! That is what it is all about!!

My R.O.M has to be around 140 I can almost touch my butt with my foot :happydance:
Great!!! you are amazing!!!

don't limp & stairs are
Really easy. I do hold onto the railing..but, my legs do all the work.
you are there!!! Victory!!!

Thank yo again for posting back---people going through the early days and in the throes of TKR recovery need to see these progress reports so that they can understand where they will be---that there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

You have given others a great deal to look forward to!

Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years to you!
 
We have just been out Christmas shopping & my knee did great :happydance: I out lasted my 24 year old
Daughter ( I left her in the dust ) :rotfl:
The :xmas-tree: is up & will be decorated tonight at 9:00. It is :snows: ( 3-6 inches) tonight, The presents are wrapped
I have a warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart. I am putting on an Elvis Xmas C.D. All is good & right with my world.
I want to wish Everyone a :mer xm: & a Joyous New Year 2014
Your Friend,
Diana :reindeer: :xmas-kitty:
 
Hi new knee in June Isn't it wonderful to be able to shop!!! :happydance: I love strolling through the malls this time of year and this year I can do it! :egypdance: I can only imagine how good we will feel as the months go by.
Has the storm hit you guys yet? We get it tomorrow night and everyone thinks I'm crazy cause I'm looking forward to it. Going to wrap the last gifts and bake some goodies. Hope they don't get eaten as fast as I can make them. :yikes: I my find the 50 pounds I've lost Ah but, what the heck, warm cookies and snow falling.....
Wanda:ereindeer:
 
:yay: That is great news Diana - that you can shop while others drop!!!:heehee:

I cannot wait for the day when I am able to do the same - I did attempt IKEA the other day but hit the pain wall after about 20 minutes - luckily I was able to rest - i mean product their new recliner :loll:

I am having to pace myself for the preparation - but trying to do as much as I can combined with elevating and icing my horrid chopped up scar. We usually put up our tree right before Christmas to avoid our 4 cats climbing it :kittykiss: :heehee: However I have invested in 3 reindeer lights for the garden
 
Update on 1st snow shoveling adventure:snow dig: We got 4-5 inches last night,with rain
On top or good measure. the weatherman said "get out & shovel now, as it will freeze"
So,off I went & abruptly fell on my butt & slid under the van:yikes: My neighbor George was walking
His dogs & yelled over to my husband...."your wife fell & is under the van" I am fine & had a
Good:rotfl::loll:I am a little concerned about walking across the parking lot at work:beg:They have cameras
Everywhere....stay tuned for my award winning fall:yay:
Diana:reindeer:
 
Yikes :yikes:take care Diana - I am glad you are OK

This ice weather scares me as a fall on ice was how my knee injury occured and the split second that changed my life

We have been having horrid snow-thaw-rain-freeze-snow again weather which is lethal was the ice is hidden under the snow. Take care of your knee
 
Sorry about your fall--and glad you weren't hurt and can laugh about it.
 
I am so excited, no one is home so I will post here......
My new knee loves to shovel snow:snow dig: I just did my whole driveway, I officially
Can go about life, without even thinking about it. Just do it, no icing after, no Advil or Aleve.
It's a Christmas Miracle:santa clap:A cup of tea:mcoffee: & off to work.
Anyone need their Driveway's shoveled ?:rotfl:
Tomorrow I'm hooking up the new:puppysmooze: & he's pulling me down my back yard ( He's part Husky)
On my sled:happydance:
I so love the Winter:spin:
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow:snows:
Diana:santa sleigh:
 
You never thought you'd enjoy shoveling did you? :heehee: isn't it great to be able to do tasks without dreading them thinking of how your knee will pay?
 
@kneeper
Dear Kneeper,
I am one of those strange creatures that loves the winter:egypdance:I look at shoveling as great
Exercise, same with raking. I am 54 & still catch snow flakes on my tongue, I still make snow
Angels ( this year I can get up):rotfl:This year I have a new Puppy to play with in the snow
( he's part Husky )he loves the snow:puppysmooze: Now, the Summer is a different story. I hate the
Heat, mugginess, & the days are way to long.
I want to wish you & your family:mer xm:& a joyous New Year !!!!!
Blessings,
Diana:luv4y::sleigh::snows:
 
There is something peaceful about a new snow fall, I must admit. :snow plough: sure helps the workload but there is something nice about being out in the quiet before everyone fires up. :) Of course I like snow this way:snows:
 
Hello All,
I am Done, Done,Done:egypdance:Shopping, cooking, wrapping, All that's left is a hot shower &
" It's a Wonderful Life" is on at 8:00.
My knee is fine, but I am exhausted....I wonder if I got my knee replaced, just to have "Old Age"
Sneak up on me (54):rotfl::rotfl:I sure hope not:beg:
Yesterday, I actually ran up my backyard..playing with :puppysmooze: Ran, can you believe it.
I haven't ran in 12 years
:mer xm:To all & to all a good night...
Sincerely,
Diana:luv4y:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom