Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello My Way,
You made me laugh about your tub adventure :rotfl: I can picture that conversation between you & himself :heehee:
I hope all is well with you....Monday I will be 5 months out & I still get aches & pains :sigh:, but, not when I walk :shrug:
I like how you said " we are 54 & have knee replacements " is that you way of telling me I am getting old ? :rofsign:
I sure feel old sometimes....what will I feel like at 65 ? :yikes:
Thinking of you always :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi My way - hope things are going well for your recovery

I want to know how you got out of the tub - I am desperate to have a soak in the bath after 3 years :yikes: - but I am scared I won't get out again
 
Hello My Way,
I don't post much anymore ( getting on with life ) :) I wanted you to know, your friendship on the forum
Has been so special to me :friends: you helped me so much in the early days. you have brought me up
When I was down ( this is starting too sound like a sad song ) :rotfl:
I appreciate getting to know you & wish you only the best going forward :happydance:
It's been one hell of a "roller coaster" ride........Can we get off yet ?
I'm glad I got to ride with someone like you :friends:
Love to you & himself,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well it's a few days shy of 5 months since the arrival of my twin knees. No, new knee in June we can't get off the ride quite yet but the ride is getting smoother. Life has almost returned to normal! :SUNsmile: I walk the beach everyday for an hour or two and I can shop!!!! :happydance: Somewhere along the way I found myself doing everything I could do before the BTKR and I can do it without pain in my knees. I sleep well and there is no pain when I get up, only a bit of stiffness that goes away.
I saw the OS last week and he is happy with my progress. I wish it was faster but this journey has taught me patience. My left knee still isn't as good as my right. I have some pain on the back and outer side of my knee that goes part way down my outer leg. The good Doc says it's not unusual, it's my hamstrings and it will get better in time. :sigh: The IT band keeps acting up from time to time and is causing me more grief than the knees! I do have arthritis in that hip and this may be causing some of the problem. It too has to be replaced at some point but not yet!
Okay puffin here's how I did the tub....Getting in was no different than before the surgery. Now it's time to get out! :yikes: I remembered how I did it when I was in cast years ago. I put one leg over the edge of the tub and had himself take my arm. I made sure my hands and the other side of the tub edge were dry and as he pulled I pushed myself up till I was sitting on the side of the tub. I then just lifted the other leg over and there I was out! Make sure there is a towel on the floor and you have a death grip on your hubby! It's not pretty but it worked for me. :snork:
It's been a while since I've posted and I'm catching up with everyone.
Wanda
 
Hi My way - I was wondering how you are getting on. Your recent progress report sounds wonderful - especially walking on the beach. I had adhesion surgery a couple of weeks ago and it's still slow going - and now the snow and ice has arrived which really scares me

Hope that you have a wonderful festive season
 
My way,
What a great progress report :yay: I knew you would get back to the beach :yahoo: & shopping too.
Maybe the roller coaster ride is slowing down for us, & we can get a discount, for being on for sooooooo
Long :rotfl: :rofsign: I am not rushing you, but are you considering going back to work soon ? Have you been by to
Say "Hi"?
I agree with Puffin... My main obstacle now is ICE....& I don't mean the kind we put on our knee :yikes:
I hope You & Himself Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
:xmas-tree: :xmas-kitty: :mer xm:
 
Hooray for you--I'm right behind you. Looking forward to reading about your recovery!
 
HI!!! new knee in June Myself and Himself should have a Great Christmas!!! We have been on another roller coaster for the past few weeks but we both got off that ride today. Himself had a hernia repair this morning. It's the first operation he has ever had. :yikes: I have to admit he's dealing with it better than I thought. It's a good thing for him too as I really don't do well with sick men. :snork: The rolling pin is at hand. :rotfl:
I discovered a lump in my breast two weeks ago and needless to say it has been a very upsetting time. Referals to surgeon, urgent mammogram and ultra sound etc. They felt it was an abscess and while Himself was in the OR I had my ultra sound app. It was done by the radiologist not the tech so I got the report as he was doing it. He's 99% sure it's an abscess! :happydance: I have another course of antibiotics, then I have to get a repeat done. He feels they will remove it and be done with it. :)

You should have seen the two of us trying to get into the house this afternoon! :rotfl: It was very slippery so I'm creeping along using the cane as the ice and snow put me off a bit and his surgery freezing has worn off at this point so he's shuffling along beside me. then we get to the steps that managed to get a good coating of ice in our absence! :rofsign:
I have been at work to say Hi and I am going in this week for a visit and disrupt the kids. Planning on going back after the New Year. I feel well enough and confident now. The hamstrings are much better and my brain seems to know where my legs are now.
Have a great holiday season
Wanda
 
hi My way - sorry to hear about your other health worries and your husband's surgery. I had a breast abcess 12 months ago coupled with an "encapsulated necrotic cyst" - basically I must have banged into something and caused a bruise (a regular occurance trying to get past door handles with a walker) which then formed into a cyst. I had an x-ray, ultrasound and biopsi (they filled an entire 80ml syringe with cyst fluid and left a lot more behind). I took antibiotics for a month and the whole thing gradually cleared - they decided not to remove it in the end - I can still feel the cyst but it feels like a tiny flat deflated balloon compared to the original 3½x2cm cyst.

Hope that you are feeling healthier by Christmas :angel: so that there is time for some :egypdance: :cheers: :happydance: :martini:
 
Hello My Way,
I hope you & himself are feeling better:) I just had the big 3 ( pap, colonoscopy, mammogram)
First 2 are fine..I got a call back on the mammogram. Seems 84 percent get called back. I am not
Going back...I will tell my doctor at an app. Jan. 7...if they call back 84 percent, what kind of test is that.
84 percent have to be anxious & nervous. Not me, I'm in a "good place" right now & want to stay here:heehee:
I wish you all the best in 2014 !!!!!!!
Love,
Diana:mer xm:I'm glad your legs know what their doing now:rotfl:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings
bottomshollow
 
Dear @My way - I was just wondering how you were and how you were getting on

Hope that all is well and that you have a wonderful 2014
 
Hello My way,
I've been thinking of you lately:friends:I hope you are doing well & your knees continue
To improve every day:) I've been going to the gym & doing everything I could before my
Knee gave out:dancy:I am at 7 months & 1 week, I still get stiff, but once I'm moving my knee
Is great. It's a lot better than before surgery ( I couldn't walk ):yikes:
I hope you & himself are doing well:angel:
Take Care,
Diana:bicycle1: @My way
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom