TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, So I've been out of the loop for a bit (Took a few days from home improvement and went on a mini vacation) and missed your new addition. He's beautiful!!!
Missed your new job story as well and I hope all goes well.:)
So new knee in June at 4+ months post op you think you can play on the grass like a kid with the puppy. Okaaaay.....
I thought it would be a good idea to try sitting in the bath a few weeks back. It was wonderful!!!! Then it was time to get out! :yikes: I had no idea how to get out! I sat there like a fool with Himself saying you can't stay there forever and me saying yes I can just get me a pillow and blanket. :rotfl:
I did find a way to do it though.
Moral of story....We are 54 with knee replacements. :snork:

Wanda
 
The Boston RED SOX....WIN the WORLD SERIES....at Home :happydance: :happydance: :yahoo: :yahoo:
It' been 95 yrs. since they won at home. Last time....1918.
Party on my fellow Bostonians :martini: :martini: :cheers:
Diana...Proud to be from Boston :yes!: :yes!:
 
It was most exciting, especially since my husband was rooting for the Cardinals - he is a National League guy.
It was so great that it happened at home.
 
We were thrilled!!!! Big Red Sox fans. My husband born and raised in Mass and I lived there many years. Yay!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Diana, I hope you have a wonderful weekend- you and that darling puppy of yours! Hope you are well! I am doing fine. Done with PT... pretty much on my own other than a post OP next week with my Doctor...I really do not have any questions or issues other than some stiffness. More some days than others... Do you have some stiffness still? I am sleeping much better now. It gets better all the time thank goodness. Take care my bonesmart buddy!:puppysmooze:
 
Hi Diana! What a beautiful pup! What kind of dog is it? What kind of job will you be looking for? Hi Gazelle....sounds like you are doing great! I am right behind you.....still have some stiffness, but things are slowly getting better and better.
 
Well folks...update... 5 months....Nov.3, 2013.....
The knee is doing fine :) a few clinks & clunks, but they don't hurt so I don't worry. If I sit with my legs crossed
They get stiff, but I can do it. I would say my R.O.M is 140, I can almost touch my butt :egypdance:
Work is fine...life is fine...love is fine :wink:
Next test for my knee...shoveling snow. I raked leaves all day today ( no problem)
Thanks for listening, I hope you are all doing well in your recoveries...
Diana...."JUNE SUNBEAMS" :SUNsmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
What a great update, new knee in June! Thanks for sharing your success with us. And things will keep getting better and better.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Cute puppy..and something tells me he is going to be a big dog!
 
Diana leader of the sunbeams :SUNsmile: Wow - you are really doing very very well 5 months out and have got your life back :happydance:time for a celebration :martini: - not to mention the new puppy to keep you on your toes :puppysmooze:

My way - did you find a good way to get out of the bath? I would *love* to be able to have a bath - especially now my back hurts but I am scared of getting stuck :blush:
 
Well, My Bonesmart :friends: I feel the time has come to be a successful Graduate of " Bone Smart" :yahoo:
I have been here for 5 months....I am doing well & getting on with my life :yes!:
New members come in & those who have been here awhile, continue on...the circle of life, if you will :egypdance:
I still have a few friends I will continue to support on the forums :console2:
My WARRIORS & I want to thank everyone for the :cry: & the good times :rotfl: :rofsign:
This is an amazing Forum ( more like family) :friends:
Everyone take care.....it does get better :dancy:
Sincerely,
Diana...."JUNE SUNBEAMS" :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Bye Diana! My sister in new knees! I am going to miss you! :cry: :cry:
 
Hello my fellow Bonesmarties :friends:
I am updating my recovery by 1 week...to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!
Let's see....December 3 will be 6 months for my new knee :yahoo: I can now walk
Pain free :happydance: Still a little stiff until I get moving.. I have slept through the night for
2 months now :sleep: No pain meds for 2 months :ok: Back to work for 2 months :yes!:
All in all a very good recovery. I followed the "mantra" to a tee & am here to say it works :yes:
I am very hopeful the next 6 months will be wonderful :dancy:
I have much to be thankful for in my life, health, love, peacefulness,
Sometimes I have to remind myself :heehee:
I hope everyone has a wonderful THANKSGIVING & many happy "BLESSINGS...to all of you :angel:
Your Friend,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
So happy that everything is going well and I hope that you have a really great Thanksgiving weekend :egypdance: You have been such a sunbeam for the whole board :SUNsmile:

I am back into surgery tomorrow for an adhesion release - I'm hoping that it will resolve some of the muscle problems but the bone marrow edema seems to be a long term thing - but I'm really hoping that I will be able to drive :angel: But not so happy that next week will mark the start of my 4th YEAR with a walker :gaah:


How is that cute puppy of yours doing? Be careful with the Thanksgiving food:heehee: :puppysmooze:
 
WOW !!!! Update 6 months on December 3 rd. :yahoo: :yahoo: My knee is doing well :) I raked leaves
All day today ( in the rain ) we have a half an acre, so not a small feat. Knee did great.
I am a bit sore after I sit awhile, or wake up. But, if I am moving I have no pain at all :dancy:
I know the next 6 months, I will not even think about this knee. I will just get up & go :egypdance:
I am almost there already.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Holiday....I have started shopping...I will be done in 2 weeks :spin:
A message to all the new folks....it get's so much better :SUNsmile: you will be amazed !!!!!!
To all my Bonesmartie :friends: thinking of you & wishing you well,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
6 months exactly......December 3, 2013 :dancy: :spin: :happydance:
I just walked our new :puppysmooze: 2 miles...I didn't think of my knee once :yahoo:
I knew the day would come where I could just get up & go....without a thought.
I am official there :yes!:
This surgery has been more than I ever could dream, Love my O.S.
Have a great day everyone,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom