Guest viewing is limited

MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Diana,
Thank you so much for thinking of me, you really are such a kind and caring lady :angel: I really wish I lived near you and could actually meet you - you are such a fantastic friend :) It is so difficult at the moment when I can't drive or be taken very far due to pain and fatigue so I love to see my friends but it really shows who care.

Tomorrow I have my xray on my knee and then an appointment with my consultant. No change really but at the moment I am not worried because I can't walk very far due to my head, so actually my knee likes it like this :SUNsmile:
January 3rd is my angiogram and dye to see what my brain is up to and then my Neurosurgeon 2 weeks after to decide what he may or may not do. My occupational therapy and speech therapy ladies are lovely and they know I feel anxiety about all this. I don't cry as much about myself though :happydance:Unfortunately my beautiful greyhound has had an operation this week for a cancer lump and this does me make very upset. She is feeling better and eating again so I am trying to feel positive :puppysmooze: but I was told this emotional side is really common for brain injury.

My horses are doing well and my two sons and another friend have all been great to take me for a cuddle. Muffin has been extra special and given me lots of licking and looked at my knee and now my head. I think he knows!

I am thinking about Christmas as it really helps me feel happy - so I wish this for everyone who enjoys this time. I promise to write before Christmas to you and I love to hear your news too.

Love,
Alison :thankyou:
 
Nice to see a post from you Alison and I'm sure you are entitled to feel a little emotional. Christmas is a lovely time for family and friends but as you say when you are confined to home you do find out who your true friends are and that is something you will remember. I will never forget the friends I have made on this forum. They got me thru the first months of recovery when everyone else thought I should be up and about. Only fellow TKRs can appreciate what you are going thru. Please take care and rest. Sending hugs.
 
Thanks to you also Pat, another lovely lady who sends caring messages to their friends. I know you are in the UK but I always wondered with the name "robynhood" that you might be in the Nottingham / Sherwood area? :) Not been there for ages but when my boys were younger we used to go to Center Parcs in the forest :yay:

It's funny how I can write well and remember lots of memories (slower but still fine!) but I lose certain words and I can't remember on a daily basis. I have a notebook and I have to write down thinks for me to do each day. it is all very strange and quite frustrating!

I love your Christmas Wreath in your picture and I do hope you are looking forward to a lovely Christmas. Thank you so much to hearing from you :thankyou:
 
hi Alison. Yes I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. With having six kids and four grand kids it's always busy and a happy time. I use the name Robynhood as one of my granddaughters is called Robyn. I actually live near Chester. I can sympathise with you about forgetting things on an old age basis but Im sure it's far worse with your illness. I feel for you. I do hope you will have a lovely Christmas


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hello Alison,
Sorry to hear about your :puppysmooze: but, if he is eating well, that is good news. I am glad you have been
Visiting your " Horsie Babies" they do lift your spirits. I look to you like a life long friend & I will always be here for you :friends:
Your Therapy ladies sound amazing, folks who truly will work with you towards a full recovery :angel:
How did your O.S appointment go ? Hope everything is O.K with your knee.
I will have my daughter post some pictures of "Koda" for you after she get's home from work.
I will post on your thread, so you don't have to go looking for mine.
Sincerely,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Alison, I'm popping in to check on you. I can understand your frustration with your memory and speech. I do hope your pain is getting a bit better and I'm happy to see you get to visit your wonderful horses. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It is very upsetting when our pets get sick but she is eating and that is a good sign.
please don't feel you need to reply to our messages.
Wishing you all good things and thinking of you always
Wanda
 
[Bonesmart.org] Getting Back in the Saddle
. Wishing you lots of Christmas Hapiness


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Alison - I have been thinking of you and really hope that you are continuing to improve. It must be so frustrating to struggle with speech and memory but I am hoping that this improves as you get better.

I'm glad that you have people around you who are taking good care of you and making sure that you get to visit the horses

Take care of yourself and have a very good Christmas
 
Dear Alison,
I hope you are doing well :) I have been thinking of you, & of course sending a :angel: your way.
I hope you & your family have a :mer xm: I hope your Horsie babies are getting extra carrots :heehee:
Blessings to you this special holiday Season :console2:
Love,
Diana :nativity:
 
Hello Alison,
I have been thinking of you:friends:I hope you are doing well in your therapy & getting
Stronger everyday:angel:I hope you had a :mer xm:& your "Horsey Babies" are
Happy & Healthy.
Hugs & well wishes to you in 2014,
Love,
Diana:reindeer:@HorseyLady :nativity:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Getting Back in the Saddle
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Getting Back in the Saddle
bottomshollow
 
Hi @HorseyLady - how are you doing?

Hope that you have had a great Christmas and that everyone took great care of you - I believe that you were having some new tests last week - am I remembering that right? I hope everything went well

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and I am hoping that 2014 will be a much better year for you healthwise :friends:
 
Hello everyone!
Firstly I apologise for not posting on here for ages. You can all laugh - but I forgot! My occupational therapy lady has me a notebook, a diary and post its and she makes me write every day which of course reminds me what to do. But I am embarrassed to say I didn't write "post in BoneSmart" so it went away for ever ..... until today when I was on my laptop and looked at my favourites .... and there you all are! :happydance:

I have read all my lovely messages, particularly to my special friends, so thank you so much for thinking of me. A belated Happy New Year to you all for 2014 and I really hope you have all had a lovely Xmas too. 2014 should be a brilliant year for us all, particularly because of our knees!

As for my own knee, well it is still clunking away but I do not need my stick anymore and I can stand on it quite well. I can bend to 90 degrees on my own and the CPM (yes still with me!) can get to 100 / 110. I was taken to see Mr Walsh (my knee surgeon) and he is "fairly" happy with me but says I still have a way to go and there is lots of scar tissue. He sent a letter to my doctor and I quote "this lady unfortunately had an aneurysm which curtailed her knee rehab". Lovely isn't he! Of course I am still not discharged :tantrum:

More importantly .... my brain! I had my angiogram last week and this week on Thursday 16th I am back to see my Neurosurgeon. I am still in pain with my head and still taking codeine to help. I am really scared the clot is still in my head and has not dissolved and he will want to do something to get it out. Words are still the same and my short term memory has gone but I am very very lucky - I am alive, walking and talking. DVLA have taken my driving licence for a year so I have sold my lovely car :boohoo:but I now have a Blue Badge for when my husband drives me anywhere because of my dizziness. My knee says thank you :yay:

My horses are much happier because I have moved them to a new yard about 5 minutes away. Des takes me daily and my beautiful old boy Muffin is so much happier for a cuddle and his treats. He has put on loads of weight and he is no longer pining for me as he sees me most days. Ruben has lost some weight (he was very fat!) because he is playing with some young playmates and not stuck with my oldie who can't run around all the time. All in all, this has all worked out for me :egypdance:

Please let me know how you're all doing! I have missed everything and even worse I missed the New Year Party! Ok, I have to be in bed early and didn't even see the new year at home .... but I could still have come to yours!

Lots of love to you all,
Alison :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Alison @HorseyLady
I am so happy to hear from you:) Please don't apologize for not posting, you are excused:heehee:
You sound very up- beat, that is a good sign:puppysmooze:I hope all your scans come back clear:angel:
Are your headaches any better ? I am glad you see your babies everyday, the move sounds like
A good idea for all:SUNsmile:
I am doing well, back at the gym, work, life:dancy:You are right when you said you are a lucky lady,
You also have a loving family....you are blessed.
Thank you for letting me know how you are doing:friends:
Thinking of you:console2:& :angel:For a wonderful recovery,
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Wow. Your attitude and fortitude are inspirational. Glad things are progressing. I know I would not have been so cheery in your situation. And your knee is getting decent bend so that's a big hoorah.
 
It's so nice to hear from you!!!! I do hope things get completely resolved for you. And don't worry about not posting. My goodness, we expect most folks to get on with their lives after a while. But......any time you want to pop in for a chat or to update us, we of course will welcome you with open arms!!!
 
I am finally here again! Well you can all laugh about the loss of my memory but it has taken me ages to find my own post! :snork: But I have got here and enjoyed reading about everyone so just wanted to give you a quick update on what is going on.
Firstly, I am still alive :SUNsmile: - I still have the ruptured aneurysm in my head but the latest angiogram showed it was still a clot and that bit of artery had died so no blood in or out and may stay the same. Words and short memory are the same too but very minor really compared with some others, have painkillers for my permanent headaches but have accepted this too. I know that I have been very very lucky.
:horseriding: I have had to use this horsey one and I love it! :egypdance: My boys are doing really well and I have been riding Ruben again. He is still only 4 and is learning to be a really safe horse for me, also understanding the voice aids as my leg isn't that strong.

As for my knee, it is nearly 1 year since my TKR - the 13th June. The bend is still at 90/95 but I have accepted this will never be much more and I can live with that and accept it. I don't need any sticks and am walking well. Still in pain and very clunky though but I think my head issue has made me accept my knee too :heehee: I would really like to know why it still hurts though so if there is anyone here who is good with my latest xray (will post here, to me it doesn't look good in the Tibia and that is where it hurts) and can see something that might cause it, please let me know! All UK people know we don't get this but have to use our phone if we can :rotfl:

Hope you are all doing well and I'd love to hear from you all.

Love
Alison :angel:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom