Recent content by Morning Glory

  1. Morning Glory

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Hi Tashia, I haven’t been around for awhile. I’m glad to see you got your new hip & doing well. With all those new parts there will be no stopping you! Feel better soon!
  2. Morning Glory

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Hi BJ! I'm glad to hear you're back on the slopes doing what you love.
  3. Morning Glory

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Hi Jacky! So good to hear from you. It’ll like old home week here, so many people I haven’t seen in awhile. I don’t come on much but do check now and then to see how everyone is doing. I guess there will always be aches & pains, a little stiffness and swelling is nothing compared to being...
  4. Morning Glory

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Hi Tashia, I don't know if you remember but awhile ago I told you how much my mom loved sewing and quilting and knew I had a picture of one of her quilts somewhere. I came across it the other day and thought of you. This one she made for my daughter, I love it! I'm glad to hear you sounding so...
  5. Morning Glory

    Has anyone had their other knee done with 90 days of the first knee?

    I've never tried posting from an IPad but lots of people seem to have trouble. I've been coming to this site for almost 2 years and still don't know how to tag someone. I've read how, just don't remember what it said. :) I hope your day got better! And I hope my post helped you a bit. Your...
  6. Morning Glory

    Has anyone had their other knee done with 90 days of the first knee?

    I had my knees done a 114 days apart and I did just fine. I stopped going to PT after my right knee was done because the left still hurt so much it kept me from doing most of the exercises there. I just did the basics at home till the left was done. After the 2nd knee was done everything was...
  7. Morning Glory

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    I hope your hip settles down soon. I had trouble with my left hip shortly after having my knees fixed. It was so disappointing to be limping again! Turns out it was bursitis and the doctor gave me a shot and it's been fine ever since. Hoping it stays that way!! I know it stinks being on...
  8. Morning Glory

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Happy Birthday Tashia!! Hope you had a wonderful day.
  9. Morning Glory

    TKR Back again!!!

    When I had my right knee done I had to stay an extra night because my pulse rate went up too high. They gave me meds and it came down to normal (I still take it now). Left knee I was in recovery forever because my body temp was too low. Hope I don't need any more surgeries, who knows what...
  10. Morning Glory

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    That's great Sonja! (well, other than the Snicker overdose :heehee: ) My daughter became a teacher because she had teachers that made a difference in her life and she hoped she could do the same for someone else. I hope some day she has the same experience as you - again - not including the...
  11. Morning Glory

    TKR Dklee12's Recovery Thread

    I had my knees done 3 months apart. They were both bone on bone. I had in home for 4 weeks and I only went out for PT a few times and decided it wasn't worth it, my left knee prevented me from doing most of what they wanted me to do at PT. I did a lot of gentle bending & stretching...
  12. Morning Glory

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Hi Tashia - My knees get sore sometimes and I can't always figure out why. If I had a super busy day and do a lot of walking it makes sense but then other times I feel like I did next to nothing and they still ache. Today my left leg hurts a little like I strained it somehow. I did go to a...
  13. Morning Glory

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Hi DogLady, I had my left knee done about the same time as your surgery. I haven't experienced the pain you describe, if I did I'm sure I'd go have it checked. I also wonder if I'm being a hypochondriac at times but I'm also a worry wart and that usually wins out. I've missed seeing that...
  14. Morning Glory

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Tashia, Did you get to talk to your doctor? How is your knee feeling today? I would think that if something was wrong there would be a lot of pain too. Hope everything turns out ok!
  15. Morning Glory

    Some Pre BTKR Pics

    I have RA also. I take Plaquenil which I never stopped taking before or after surgery. I was never even tested for MRSA. I was a bit concerned about that and requested the test but they said my surgeon didn't think it was necessary. Anyway, that was a bit over a year ago and 'knock on wood'...
Back
Top Bottom