TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Tomorrow is a big rest day. I think I overdid it with the heat. I got so hot and tired today so take a easy will be in my life. Got my last light for my sewing room. Also had to get two bulbs, I only had them for eight years. They don't make them like they use too. :rofsign: My sewing room now has all the light, now to start sewing for real. I use natural light bulbs which are great. they cost a lot but eight years can't complain. I am off the medication for UTI, Hope its gone. I will try to get a test tomorrow. I hope its cooler but I think its going to be HOT! Yes this is yelling but I have had it with the humity. My sewing chair hasn't come yet but I do have one to use. Not as comfort but it will do. August is coming around and the summer is still here. By September my apartment will all be done and dog hunting I will do full time. I hope God heard me. I am ready for nesting with a new four legged friend. My flowers are barely making it. Poor things. In September they have here a weekend for all the rescure groups to bring their animals up for adoption. That is were I got Tashia, the little gal you see in the picture. I don't have any idea on what it will be but thats what is so exciting. I love big dogs but not in apartments. They need more room. I don't have a yard so a small dog will be. I would love a lab but not in a small place. Well thats all from me for a while, I will have to keep my knees up because they are sore tonight. Ow! Pain now is around 3 or barely 4 so thats not bad. I still have trouble with numbers. I also went shopping so I have food in the apartment also. I do need to get some gas for the Miss Princess so that she will have a full tummy. Well everyone please take care of yourself because you come first on your list. Tashia
 
Today was a good day of rest in the afternoon. This noon went out to lunch then some errands and then home to rest. Doing great. Knees are a little tender but are getting better. As I get further in recovery I find that I can get my knees under control just by getting off them and resting. They do get tender then rest. It is so neat to be at this place. This time last year I was wondering if I would every make it. But I did. I still have to remember to take my afternoon nap. So great that I live in a time that can fix the knees and hips that got used and some new ones for the rest of my life. Great to be Alive. Tashia
 
Today is another day much closer to recovery than I have every been. Each day gets better and better. My feet are so great which helps me feel like I am going to make it. I want to get back to having a coach but I am so concerned that I will hurt myself. My knees are still tender and most important that I still am concerned about long distance driving. With my real birthday coming up I want to drive to the ocean but I am so concerned about not be able to make it. Its right around the corner. But I must know like everyone here to go forward and become more like I was so many years ago. Everyone have a wonderful Saturday and remember to put yourself first. Tashia
 
I ended up sleeping all day and stiff and sore. Not real bad but enough to be uncorable. So I am now up and doing some house work because I need to move some. Be very careful not to do too much. I find that I am isolating again so I must be getting ready to let go of more stuff. Life is like a puzzle. It takes a long time to figure some things out and then it falls into place. Tashia
 
Tonight my knees are a little tender but I will have to look to see why. I did do some errands but tomorrow I will have a message to see if that helps. I hurt right under the knee on both knees. I did do more driving than normal and it felt so good to be so free. I know you are not surpose to hurt but I am wondering if you haven't use muscles for a while wouldn't they hurt. Will keep a eye on it. Everybody take care and do take care of those knees. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia - My knees get sore sometimes and I can't always figure out why. If I had a super busy day and do a lot of walking it makes sense but then other times I feel like I did next to nothing and they still ache. Today my left leg hurts a little like I strained it somehow. I did go to a couple of stores but not for long and I've done a lot more than that and have been fine. My leg or knees don't even hurt enough to take Tylenol so I figure it can't be so bad. I never was in good physical shape and I'm sure that doesn't help either. I've been trying to lose some weight, I'm sure my knees would appreciate that. But seems like that gets harder and harder to do with each year that goes by. I hope all your aches and pains go away soon.
 
Thanks Morning Glory, , I think sometimes being in good shape is a good thing but I found for me I hurt for so many years that I feel out of shape and now I am not in shape but I think we will get back into shape just by walking and starting taking our life back from having the replacements. Thats my opion. As weight I found that the better I feel the more I want to make sure I don't want to gain back what I had gained from not being active. We will get there. Take care. Tashia
 
Oh, What a beautiful morning, O what a beautiful Day, Well today is another wonderful Day in my recovery of my knee surgrey. I have found I don't even count how many days, months since my sergrey. Yesterday I had a message and fell asleep early in the evening. Had a wonderful night sleep. Now another day has come to be without the horrible pain that I had before the replacement. I do hope that everyone does do something today for themselves. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Yes it is a beautiful day. My back has made a turn for the better:SUNsmile:.
Glad to hear you had a good nights sleep and are ready for the new day!
 
Pumpkin, I am so happy and glad that your back is better. It seems now that if something goes wrong I don't get as upset as before. Recover is great isn't it? Well its now August and in a couple of months it will start getting cooler that will be so great. Really looking forward to seeing the Fall colors. Take care. Tashia
 
Today was a cool day and got lots done. Took stuff over to my storage so I don't have to put up with it in my apartment. On your real birthday there is one sewing store that gives you a great discount. Half of your age discout so the older you are the greater the discount. I got 33 and half off my purchance. Getting old is great. My knees did so great and so did my hip. Went out for lunch. It was great. A whole year with out surgrey. Wow. Great to be alive. Take care do enjoy having a day without pain and for those who are waiting, Your day will come. Tashia
 
Today, August 3, is my birthday. WOW!. Time flies, I was told by my Grandmother that as I got older, time would go faster. It sure seems to. I know there are still the length of days, weeks, etc. but it does seem to go much faster. This time last year I was still in a lot of pain from the surgrey on the knee. For the first time pain was being controlled. Today I realize that very seldom do I every feel the horrible like I had. Its gone and recover is here. I still have some swelling if I have a big day. And sometimes at night my knees will wake me up with pain because they have gotten stiff. After moving a couple of times in bed, I go back to sleep. Same as if I sit too long they will get stiff but once I move they are great. I can drive now which was not even in the picture at this time last year. I see the doctor this next week and we shall see about the medication. I wake up happy and go to bed happy. What more do you want out of life. Happy Birthday do me. Great to be in the late 60s. Hee, Hee, Everyone do take care and have a great day. Tashia
 
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!!!:flwrysmile:
Have a wonderful care free day!:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast Happy Birthday Tashia!! Hope you had a wonderful day.
 
Thank everyone for hoping me a happy birthday. It helps me make the day more special. Take care and do have a wonderful day. Tashia
 
Saw the doctor today and he thinks I might not of gotten over UTI, so he wants a test done. I am tired again and sleeping a lot. For right now he is keeping on the dose of medication that I am taking. A little diappointed, I would like to be off it but I do know without it I am really in trouble. Drove around for a while then came home for a nap. Everyone take care and do enjoy a beautiful Day. Tashia
 
Went to the doctor yesterday and I don't have a UTI. It has been taken care off. I realized that I have not been taken my medicane on time and every time I do I get into pain. Not bad but just enough to feel uncorable and feeling down. Also my energy is down. So I am now on schedule and I hope I start feeling better. I think I stated yesterday that I am still on medicane and I know that is disappointing. I have accepted taking them but deep down I wish I didn't have them in my life. Its just one of those things in life that I wish it would go away. But also greatful that the pills do exsist so I don't live in pain. It is getting much better if I take it on time and on a schudule. Every one do take care and stay safe and remember you are important. Tashia
 
Tashia!
Please stay on your medication!
I hate taking my medications too!
So lets stomp :tantrum: and growl :gaah: during our pity party, and take our meds on schedule!
 
Pumpkin, You are so right. However I must say I am having problem with the other hip that hasn't been fixed yet and it is getting worse. I need to make a appointment for it and see whats wrong. I have to admit the thought of going under the knife is so overwheming right now. So I am hopping that the messages will take care of it. It could be brusits. I sure hope so. Staying quite for a couple of days hopping it calms down. Take care and enjoy this wonderful weather. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom