Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

:happydance: :rotfl: new knee in June, and@Dhare63,

I went grocery shopping today after finishing my assignments they now have M&M's in JUMBO family size bags! The little cartoon characters kept saying " put me in your tummy!" I told them that I had friends that would be along shortly,although in other states, to pick them up!
 
Sonja,
The bag I bought was family size :) I ate the whole thing by myself :happydance: did someone say they
Have coconut m&m's......I've never seen those, but would love them :ok: I'll pick yours up tomorrow in ma.
& eat them in honor of you :heehee:
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
The coconut M&Ms were disappointing.... there is no coconut, just artificial flavor. Actually, I'm glad they're not wonderful....I sure don't need anything else to temp me.
 
Pat,
You just ruined my day :tantrum: but, thanks for the heads up :heehee: I'll stick with the peanut m&m's.
Sonja dear....see what you have started :rotfl: how's capsie behaving ?
Have a wonderful day :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
What "I" have started???!!!! new knee in June, let me remind you of a wonderful person who I am imagining as PacMac running around gobbling up all the peanut M&M's! :rotfl:

When they announce there is a shortage in MA, I will know why! :snork: :rotfl:
 
Pat,
You just ruined my day :tantrum: but, thanks for the heads up :heehee: I'll stick with the peanut m&m's.
Sonja dear....see what you have started :rotfl: how's capsie behaving ?
Have a wonderful day :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
You could always try a SINGLE serving bag for own taste test! Imagine just one serving! LOL :rotfl:
 
My dear Sonja,
I wasn't even thinking about m&m's until someone mentioned them on her thread :whistle:
Now, all I do is think of them, coconut, dark chocolate, peanut :dancy: mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
PAC women gobbling up m&m's :happydance: ........
I hope capsie is behaving & you are having a great day :SUNsmile:
Diana :rotfl:
 
Now ladies you have just put that darn image of peanut M&M's in my head and I am such a slave to the power of suggestion! :no-fin: I just hope to god I am strong on my next trip to the grocery store! :beg:
 
Hello Sonya,
I hope you are all caught up on your papers :) are you enjoying any relaxation ?
The state of ma. Just got a new shipment of peanut m&m's.. :happydance: I think after
Therapy I will have to go get some... :egypdance:
I get the results of a cholesterol test monday :yikes: maybe I should lay off the m&m's
Until then :boohoo:
Have a great day,
Diana :heehee:
 
As far as relaxing.... No! I have a major paper due in my law class in two weeks! I still need to go over that thesis that I babbled on and on and went over by 1000 words, and I have a reflective thesis 5000 words due next Thursday. Oh, plus we are doing a whole class discussion, and we have to wait for EVERYONE to post! I guess my classmates weren't as fortunate as I, when it came to having great teammates!
Then for the law class I have to write an essay, "If I were King,". No idea what that is about yet,they keep it hidden until Friday, and last my portfolio and reflection for the law class is due on the last Friday! Swimming, faster, faster, faster!!!

Capsie, popped out the day I went back to PT because Chris would not listen to me! Michelle got it back in most of the way, and SHE is listening! So I rode the recumbent bike 12 miles after PT, used the elliptical for 2 1/2 miles, and walked 6 miles! :happydance:
 
Well today, I had a student from my past come up and talk to me in the grocery store. She is 28 now, and she asked me if I remembered the memory books I had them put together! I did, and on one of the pages, their parents wrote what made them most proud about their child. This young woman's Mom died in 2007, but her Mom had written an awesome tribute to her daughter! This young lady still has her memory book and she told me "thank you!" You made a big difference in my life! I gave her a hug, and then stopped down the road for a bag of Snicker's bites! Make sense that I engulfed the whole bag without tasting them? It just hit me! My emotional eating and addictive side took over. I have been sick since then, because my body has adjusted to very little sugar! :doh:
 
That's great Sonja! (well, other than the Snicker overdose :heehee: ) My daughter became a teacher because she had teachers that made a difference in her life and she hoped she could do the same for someone else. I hope some day she has the same experience as you - again - not including the snickers... Next time just eat half a bag. :)
 
Well, my problem is, I didn't even ENJOY them! I was just reliving a past that related to stress and eating! Don't get me wrong, I loved teaching, and I have had several students over the years come back and thank me, but that was also back when I was doing my out of control binge candy eating. It was a trigger. Strange, huh? :scary: I am glad that I am able to recognize it for what it is though; because next time I will hit the gym instead! I don't get sick exercising, and what fun is eating snicker's if you don't even taste them?! :heehee:
 
Wow.....what a strong reminder of how powerful the brain and its "habits" can be for us. Thank goodness you took this as a learning experience and not as any kind of failure on your part to keep to your new life program. The more we know about our minds and how these triggers work, the easier we can deal with them. Your plan in case there is a next time sounds perfect. You are definitely in control, my friend!!!
 
Sonja,
You make a BIG difference in everyone's life that you touch. You sure have to mine. Just knowing you and talking with you has made my journey easier.
But I am not going to eat a bag of Snickers worked to hard to lose the weight I have, but I love you anyway.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom