TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Dabber, I agree about the tree. Today I went to storage to start getting my Christmas stuff out and trying to make more room in my apartment. With the time change I have a couple of ruff days. Its been cold here too. I think a cold winter in for all of us. Sleep whenever you can because steroids do mess up the sleep cycle. Remember whenever you can't sleep you can come here. Also our Social Room has games and lots of things to pass the time away. A cup of tea at anytime is good. Something warm on a cold night always tastes so good. Good night, Have a good night sleep. Take care . Tashia
 
Today was a ruff day again with the stomach, have a appointment Friday. I find that when I don't feel the best is when I get down. I am having trouble with swelling with the right leg tonight which I am not crazy about. I know that I have not been active but to swell like this does concern me. The other leg is ok. It has gotten cold here and so the winter might be setting in. My flowers are so beautiful and blooming for right now. they get the afternoon soon so it cheers the day a lot. Been thinking a lot about Christmas decorating. I love to see the light and I know this is early but I think for once I am feeling so much better than at this time last year, I want to see the lights and hear the music. I also realize that I would love to go to a shopping and enjoy being around people. I am so much better even though I have stomach trouble. Everyone do take care and remember you are important and much put yourself first when recoving from a hip or knee replacements. Tashia
 
Glad you have an appt. Friday, I hope they have some answers for you.
Enjoy your flowers!
 
I saw the doctor and he seems to think that its the medication. I still don't agree. If the body is hurting something in the body is hurting. He ordered some test. We will see. I have some results and all seem well. I might have the test done because I don't know if they were taken right. I know I don't have a infection. I just want to start feeling better. I hope every one has a good weekend and please remember to take care winter coming and summer coming. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Sorry you did not get some answers, I agree taking the tests again will help. Frustrating to know something is not right and it takes so long to figure it out.
Beautiful clear fall day here, we are going for a ride in the country.
Hope your weekend goes well, and you start feeling better soon.
 
Pumpkin, The good thing you do get to find out is that your liver and kidney result are excellent. All of the blood tests so far are great for this senior citizen. Feel weid writing the word senior citizen but I am. We may be in the sixties but that doesn't mean we still can't do a lot of things like the younger folks. I am getting stronger and wanting to go more places. Went shopping after the doctor appointment for a couple of hours and did great. Today my knees were a little stiff when getting up but not bad at all. Was thinking today about starting to tone up my muscles. They sure need it. I might go over to the gym that is next to my apartment and see what they have for helping me to get stronger. Enjoy the ride, The good fresh air is good for you. take care. Tashia
 
Toning up your muscles is a good idea, slow and easy is the best. Next birthday I will be old enough to move in where my Mother lives (not planning on it anytime soon), guess that will make me an official senior citizen.
Drive to the craft fair was beautiful, still some fall color on a few trees, and 70 degree weather. We bought a pie and some Fudge, both are already gone.
I hope your knees and hips have been feeling good in the warm daytime weather. Mine are better since seeing the OS, maybe he scared them a little, and they are being good.
Take it easy and stay safe,
 
Pumpkin, I just realized that I have been so busy with my apartment and sewing I haven't posted for a couple of days. My hip is doing great and the other hip is holding its own. I know that one day I will have to have it done and because of having one already done makes it easier. I still don't look forward to doing it but knowledge does help. I have to keep reminding me that I have a heater in my car set so if the hips hurt I can turn the heater on. I must try this winter. I keep forgetting. Tomorrow I need to do some errands so maybe I will try it. We need some rain and snow. My plants are doing great so far. Hope to see you soon. Tashia
 
Well the weekend is over and I was very busy this one. Went sewing Saturday night and almost stayed the whole night. Didn't get tired at all but that was such a felling of success. WOW Almost a whole night. Was a little tender after getting home but thats it. Sunday did spend it doing not much. The swelling in the knees went down. I think the real cold weather had a part in it. thursday was a GREAT day also. Gots lots and lots done. Even manage to clean the bath tub without any pain. My world is returning but in a different way than before. I can see a lfe without the horrible pain that I lived for so many years. I find that I spend some of the days day dreaming to start traveling again and being able to do things that I haven't done in years. I do still find that getting on my knees is a challenge. I still find that once in a while I still have a good cry over all the stuff that happened while I was trying to get my life together. I see that this year is almost over and with the new year coming I find some excitement thinking of the things that I might be doing next year. Life is good. Tashia
 
Tashia,
So happy that you are able to do more than just a few months ago :happydance:.
You will be traveling soon, even it is for a short trip. :friends:
 
Boy is the cold getting me. Pumpkin, How are you doing? We are having a storm move in and do I feel it. We need the rain so bad. I hope that the mountains get lots of snow and that everyone is happy with the weather. To my Bonsmart friends and visiter, I hope that you that live in the areas that got hit with the horrible storms are ok and safe. Take care. Tashia
 
Today is a very windy day so staying home is on the adjenda. I don't like driving in the wind. I know what I am doing but the next guy may not. My knees aren't that crazy about the wind either. It has gotten cold and the knees are stiff. However after saying this I must say I am so glad its just stiff. Now that I have had lots of time to pass after surgrey , believe I have forgotten lot of the misery. However saying that I pray that I don't need my knees every have to be redone. We are so lucky to live in a time that we can get our knees fixed and get a wonderful life back. Now I know its not like before. I do find that getting older does make my joints hurt more and that I find that I am so much more calmer. I do miss the job I loved but now the younger person can do it and have the satisfaction that I had. I enjoy being able to have my own schedule and sewing when I want. I do wish to travel more which I am starting to do. I am starting very slowly because I chose to be wiser than before and know that a eight hour trip to one of my favoite places will have to wait or find a different way of going there because driving that long in one strength is out for right now. I found that I can move furniture around and so the feeling of independence is coming. This journey of all of this has been trying to say the least. Now that both knees are done and getting better as each days gives me a feeling of freedom that I dreamed for. With Christmas coming up I know that if I want I can go thru all the decorations and choose what I want and do it. Before I only dreamed of doing it. The first year I cried thru the first and second was even better. I am getting ready to put up the tree and getting all the decorations ready knowing that Christmas will have a special meaning this year. I pray for peace and for those that are in trouble whatever it it to find peace and know in their hearts that things will work out. Maybe not the way you thought it would be but for the better. I want to thank everyone who comes to my posting and read about whats going on. I hope that they find that no matter what comes in life. One step at a time you can work thru it. I was told as a child that life would not be easy and many times it wasn't. But I did get thru it and now I find that I move on to the next adventure of my life. Please take care and remember that you are important and that everyone has a gift and please share it. It doesn't have to be money, Just coming here and saying HI can be the best gift one person can give. Take care and please drive carefully so that everyone gets where they are going and get home safe. Tashia
 
Thank you Tashia for your beautiful and loving posts. I'll take some of that peace this Christmas. :yes: I hadn't even thought about my Knee-strictions I'll have this year. I've been focusing on all the cooking I'll be doing for Thanksgiving and making adjustments in my cooking schedule. Besides, since with being out of work so long recovery funds are even more limited. So, we're doing a "Tiny Tim" Christmas this year. :heehee: We'll have the Lord's bright blessing knowing we're together hand-n-hand.
I pray for Peace and Joy for you this season and others as well. :angel:

Take care :friends:
 
Thank you for visiting my place. I hope that your Thanksgiving is full of family and friends. take care and God Bless. Tashia
 
Tashia's Healing Dance
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:happydance:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<:yay: <<<<<<<<:yay: <<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>:egypdance:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:egypdance:<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<:happydance: <<<<<<<:happydance:<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:yay:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
​
 
Pumpkin, I love the healing dance. Thank you so much for putting there. It makes me laugh. Its cold today and I found that I was a little stiff. Getting ready for Thanksgiving. Really exciting. Take care and everyone have a safe Thanksgiving Day. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast
Hi Tashia, I don't know if you remember but awhile ago I told you how much my mom loved sewing and quilting and knew I had a picture of one of her quilts somewhere. I came across it the other day and thought of you. This one she made for my daughter, I love it!
I'm glad to hear you sounding so well!! Last year was the first time in a very long time that I was able to put up my Christmas tree and enjoy it. I can't believe it's just about time to do it again! This week I want to make ornaments with my granddaughters, we're going to use solid color round balls and put their handprints on with the fingers going up the side & then we decorage them like snowmen using paints or markers. They're so cute! I really don't need any more ornaments for my tree but I'll be adding 2 this year :)
 
Oh Morning Glory , It is so beautiful. I love it. Christmas is better for me and its sounds better for you also. When we make things with out granddaughters it makes it even more of a special event. So glad that you droped by and sharred the picture. Take care and do have a good Hoiday and a safe one. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia
Good to hear you are doing better this Christmas!
And great words of wisdom you have spoken. :SUNsmile:

I've been away for months and needed to update on my progress; it is in my link in the signature below.
 
1ELISEA, How are you? I do hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just got back from having Thanksgiving Dinner with a fellow Bonesmart. It was great, The food was so good and so was the company. I spent having the nights sleeping with cats. They were so cute and friendly. I know have been around cats and really liked it. I hope that everyone had a good day and are now safe and sound at home after the special day. Everyone do take care and do stay safe.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom