tashia
alpha
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2011
- Messages
- 6,148
- Age
- 80
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I was always under the understanding I could call it off up to the surgrey. Now I do know that bone on bone doesn't get better, it get worse. Now you have a test coming up to tell you just where you stand. By all means do it. It might help with the discession. But make the date as I said you can always cancel it but do remember the knee can go back in a heart beat and if you cancel it you will have to wait longer. You also said that you gained so much of new life after the first one that means that you have more to gain. WOW. I would say yes and then start the process and get it over with. I realize that this is a ruff surgrey and shouldn't be taken lightly. My vote is yes but your vote is the one that counts the most. Take care. Tashia
(I used to be American so I know what you think of tramping!)
Now a "Posh Tramp" is doable!
Now that sounds like a really nice time! We like to travel like that too, they pick up your bag and you don't have to lift another finger until the end of your trip, sweet! Now I would really enjoy the 5 course meal, wine and sleep, however I would have them drop me off with the luggage and wait for the others at the end of the track, while I read a book!
I'm just over one year out right TKR. Everything has gone well. Recovered nicely with great ROM and complete resolution of knee pain. Was scheduled for Left TKR but have put that on old as its doing a bit better now that the right is fixed. Recent issue has sprouted up: For about a month I've been experiencing quite bad right lateral leg pain in the lower leg. Not my calf at the back, but the later leg. This usually wakes me up around 2:30 am and can't get back to sleep. But last night it started about an hour after I laid down. Very sore when I first get up in the morning but during the day its fine, very rarely aware of it until I stop moving at the end of the day. Of course, I also take an anti-inflammatory as soon as I wake up, so I dont know if the resolution of pain during the day is due to mobility or meds. I'm thinking it's been persisting long enough that its time to go to doc (I always feel like a hypochondriac!) Anyone else experience this? Wondering if it could be knee related or is just another ache and pain of getting a bit older. 