TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Tashia, Did you get to talk to your doctor? How is your knee feeling today? I would think that if something was wrong there would be a lot of pain too. Hope everything turns out ok!
 
Tashia,
How is your knee? What did the doctor say?
Hoping you are feeling better soon!
 
I keep forgetting to call the doctor because its not hurting at all. I don't know if this is good or not. But later on I did remember bumping my knee which is interesting because before surgrey I would scream if I bumped them, not it mmm and thats about it. I will however call them tomorrow and get a appointment it does need to be lookedd at. I did get some new glasses but won't have them for a couple to weeks. It really disappointed me that I counldn't get them in one day. But that is the way it goes. Now getting ready to decide were to travel for my first trip by myself. I would like a plan ride however with the medicane still needed I need to go wear the transit system in in place. So I keep looking. I know I am lucky that I am here but being on a plateu is boring. I get impatience to say the least. Everyone do take care and do have fun today. Tashia
 
Tashia, I was able to make a full revolution on the recumbent bike at pt today. This has been my goal for sooooooo long. I think my OS knew exactly what he was doing. The road to recovery is never easy, is it. I had a good long cry yesterday...oh the roller coaster of emotions after a knee replacement. I can,t wait to hear about your trip. Onwards and upward!
 
Tashia,
Good luck finding a place to vacation, do they have door to door airport shuttles where you are?
Glad to hear your bump on your knee is not hurting, that is a good sign.
 
Pumpkin, I keep forgetting to call the doctor because it doesn't hurt at all. I hope that its not going to get hot where you are. We are going to really heat up. I have enough in the house and plan to sew most of the time after I move my sewing machine to the dinning room so I can start making some stuff that need to be done. Stay cool my friend. Tashia
 
The lump is gone. Yes, Yes, oh I am so glad. Today was a fantic day. After going to Cosco I went for a ride. I just wondered around the neighborhood. Its been so long since I have done that. Almost a year I think or more. It felt like old times. The houses were georus. I haven't been in that neighborhood before and I do plan to go back. It was over a hour. When I got home I didn't hurt at all. I was sooo happy. I truly say I am on the mend. Recover is coming I just don't know when. We will see about tomorrow and hope I am not tired. There is some sewing I would like to do. My first knee that is done is doing so good. The left one is getting much better than the first one. The hip is so good also. I hope the days contiute to be this good. It is getting hot so will have to be careful. The heat is really going to be intense so a lot of water is on the menu. Well got to go see ya tomorrow. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, sounds like a perfect day! So happy you were out and about. Please don't worry if you are tired tomorrow. One day activity followed by a rest day is the perfect balance. Enjoy my friend!
 
Jaycey, It going to be very warm this next week so I am trying to have fun this week. We are really in for it. The news said we may have a week in 110. That is HOT> No other way of putting it. So I hope to have one more outing before it moves in. Hope my knees and hip agree to it. How are you doing? Tashia
 
Lucky you! We just have clouds and rain here. 110 is very hot - lots of shade and water needed! I'm doing OK Tashia. Enjoy your sewing if you need to stay out of the heat!
 
Jaycey, Will do. Take care. :friends:
 
Tashia,
Enjoy your sewing in this heat, maybe some thunderstorms too.
Was at our neighborhood pool yesterday and a neighbors 8 yo grandson was visiting, they had promised him lots of kids at the pool (there are usually 4-5 at that hour). I was the only "kid" to show up :heehee:. He said he was having a "Blast" visiting his grandparents. I thought where I have I heard that word recently, and I realized that it was this thread.
Hope some of the kids show up today for him to swim with, and not just us former kids.
So let's have a blast today!
 
WOW, WAHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!. :spin: :dancy: Ok I know that is yelling but I did something today I haven't been able to do for years. :egypdance: :happydance: That is go to a musuem and walk for over a hour. :puppysmooze: :) :SUNsmile: And the most important part was not in pain walking to the car. :dancy: Then out to lunch and then a sewing store. :yahoo: :yay: WOW what a way to spent the day. Did want to go sewing tonight but still sleeping when it started and I also have to admit I was very concerned about overdoing it. So far tonight I am a little tender but thats it. The knees are a little stiff but not bad. Not in pain but we will see what tomorrow will bring. Taking a easy will be planned. We are in for very hot weather. I'm talking about over 110. That is hot and I think the whole week will be like that. I plan not to do much but sew and keep cool. Maybe some cleaning but nothing that will get me too tired. I do have problem with the heat so I will be around my house most of the time. No dought posting a lot. Everyone do take care and do drinks lots of water with all this heat. :puppysmooze: Tashia :friends:
 
Tashia, so glad to hear things are better. I can't wait to go to our local quilt shop!!! Does going to see the beautiful fabrics and threads and all that wonderful stuff make you as happy as it does me? I am ready to go buy quilt backing muslin. Our local quilt shop has muslin that is very nice..local quilt guild uses this muslin..absolutely no flaws in it..I usually buy 12 yards. I have a crib size sunbonnet sue quilt in the hoop just waiting for me to finish. Just a peek at my fabric stash makes me happy..especially my 1930 prints. Have a wonderful day.
 
Lanie, I am doing a quilt that I have wanted to do for ages. I finally found the pattern. I do love to handle fabric. Every night I go into my closet where my stash is and fell the fabric. The pattern I am working on is a old pattern from early American. Some people call it bisquist I call it puffs. I will try to put it on the site if I can learn how to download. I am not a computer person and it has taken so long to learn what I know. I hope this find you without any pain. WOW I have never bought 12 yards of a fabric. It sure must make you feel good. I hope that you take a picture and put on the site. Take care and have fun sewing. Tashia
 
Tashia, I have seen the bisquit quilt..The guild muslin I buy is 5 dollars a yard the last time I bought it. Now The fabric I buy for my quilts is usually around 10 dollars a yard and I have never bought more than 3 yards of it. I like to keep the guild muslin around for my quilt backings. I am just waiting for my right knee TKR to fully bend so I can get that sewing machine out!
 
Tashia,
Happy to hear you are getting to start working on a quilt you have had to put off for so long.:SUNsmile:
Hot here, stay cool! :yikes:
 
Lanie, I'm so glad that you are getting closer to sewing. I know its hard to sew with the leg not bending. I learned how to sew with the other knee because I was having so much trouble. Now I can bend it and sew. I did find a chair that is so comfortably. I am trying to get over the price so I can think about buying it. It really helps my hip and knee. My birthday is coming up, it sure would be nice but we will see. We are so hot here it hard to think about going anywhere. I hope that it cool where you are. Take care. Tashia
 
Pumpkin, It is hot here. How about you? My house is a little warm but not bad. Thank goodness for AC. I plan to stay indoors and sew and clean house. I do have a quilt that I am working on. I have all the blocks so just sewing is needed. I just went outside to water my poor flowers, They were really dry. Take care this weekend my friend it is really warm also in the mountains. Tashia
 
Record heat here 102 degrees, glad for AC. Just staying inside, plan to go swimming in the morning while it is still cool. Knee doing OK too, seems to like the heat better than cold. Our lawns are cool weather type and are not liking this hot weather at all.
Stay cool!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom