Recent content by Lmarshall

  1. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    So here I am....I know...its been a very long time since I stopped by! My 1 year knee-versary has passed (6/10/14) and I was just too busy at work to even think about it. New knees and a new job all in one year was ALOT but here I am and I can say HOORAY!!! Loving my new job as a lab tech in...
  2. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Joan, Im glad to hear you are doing so well! How is Lola? Things are getting better day by day with me, although I am not at 100%, there is so much to be grateful for! No pain meds, working every day and making it through! Alot of walking, and well, just living life! Have a wonderful...
  3. Lmarshall

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    Hi Diana!! Life does get very busy when you are feeling better doesnt it??! I see you got an adorable puppy!!! LOVE that he is a rescue! I see the size of his paws..WOW hes gonna be a BIG BOY! Did you ever get that job you interviewed for? You are so good with your updates...I never...
  4. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    Hi Everyone...especially my friends Diana and Joan! I've reached my 6 month mark! Achilles still gets sore, some days are worse than others, but it is improving. Back pains are getting better. I have been SO BUSY at work, since its the end of the semester and all the students are needing...
  5. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    Hi everyone! I havent been here in quite some time so I popped in to drop off an update. Things are pretty much status quo. All is about the same. Been very busy with the new job and it is really going very well. My eye "floaters" are still there but I notice them less now. Specialist gave...
  6. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Hi Flo! Welcome to the other side! Sounds like you are doing amazingly well! Icing can be done for as long as you are comfortable. I would ice for hours at a time. Icing helped the pain and swelling so much! (especially the pain!!). I know its hard to break the 20 minute rule I was used...
  7. Lmarshall

    TKR knee's recovery thread

    Im not sure, I didnt use them, but I was on injectable blood thinner for 14 days....it may be to prevent clots? Not sure...maybe someone else who has used them could chime in.
  8. Lmarshall

    TKR right knee *my first* Date of Operation 3rd October 2013

    Oh No DAJ Such horrible things you are enduring over there :yikes: I would like the Dr who told you to stop complaining to feel the pain of a knee replacement for a few days....and we would see him change his tune QUICK!! I hope the next few days go quickly for you, and that you can get...
  9. Lmarshall

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    Oh Diana...I missed your birthday :headbang: Hope you had a wonderful day!!
  10. Lmarshall

    TKR knee's recovery thread

    knees First of all, congratulations on haven gotten thru your surgery and the first few days. Those are the hardest, and it does get better, albeit at its own pace! Patience is really and truly the KEY word! Just keep taking your pain meds, and with time, patience, ice and elevation, things...
  11. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Oh no Joan....theres always gotta be 1 that isnt as cooperatve. Did you make an appt with your OS? Is there something that can be done to help it? Sending you healing thoughts! Let me try to call @jose
  12. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    Thanks everyone. My vision is still thecsame, but I guess you could say im getting used to it. I have an appt with a retina specialist at the end of the month. Im hoping that I have some improvement over time, but I decided either way, I would judt keep on moving forward. My right knee is...
  13. Lmarshall

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    I'm so upset and took me 2 days to post since I was busy feeling sorry for myself. I was at work on Friday aftenoon at a meeting, viewing a projection screen. Earlier in the day I noticed a small "floater" in my right eye. I call it a floater now, but didnt know what it was then. As I stared...
  14. Lmarshall

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    LMAO....8 more months to go is right!! I am really hoping that Im 100% A-OK by then. We will have to have a huge party next June!!
Back
Top Bottom