Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gazelle,
How are you ? Good I hope :) my knee has funny little zingers & zaps, some really hurt :gaah: my
Muscles are also tight ( thigh, calf, lower back) I don't remember hearing anything about this during
Recoveries, but, it seems to affect us all at some point :shocked: have you been walking Lola ? :puppysmooze:
Have a wonderful weekend, my fellow "sunbeam" :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Diana...I have the exact same feelings in my legs! I was thinking the same thing....I never really hear people talking about these pains!

gazelle7777 hope all is well with you!!
 
Hello Gazelle,
Thank you for reading my thread :) I can see you are doing wonderfully. I feel like between yesterday & today
I feel so much better. That Velcro ripping pain is gone, the aches in my other muscles are gone :happydance:
I am sooooo surprised how tall & straight I walk :dancy: Do you walk Lola ? Are you still using your walking poles ?
Here's to 2 Happy "June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: knowing that we made the right choice :cheers:
Diana :friends:
 
Hello Gazelle,
Thank you for reading my thread :) I can see you are doing wonderfully. I feel like between yesterday & today
I feel so much better. That Velcro ripping pain is gone, the aches in my other muscles are gone :happydance:
I am sooooo surprised how tall & straight I walk :dancy: Do you walk Lola ? Are you still using your walking poles ?
Here's to 2 Happy "June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: knowing that we made the right choice :cheers:
Diana :friends:


Diana! I can walk Lola now! Need to work on her pulling me down the street though, since I have not worked with her very much she is a wild child! Yes! I LOVE MY POLES! Could not imagine going for a walk without them. I love standing straight and tall too! I see myself in the mirror and SMILE with these beautiful STRAIGHT legs. Lets keep in touch every so often and touch bases! Smiles to you:) Joan
 
gazelle7777 so happy to hear you are walking lola! Hope to be walking my crew in the next month or so!

Hello Luisa! Sometimes I think Lola is walking me! Hope your crew does not pull you too hard. How goes your new job? Are your legs feeling better? I am doing well, have some stiffness,occasional pain if I over do it or stand too long. Going on four months now. I have three more sessions of PT. Therapist is helping me with gait, walking correctly. It is hard after all the years of incorrect walking. Take care and let's kept in touch! Hugs! Joan
 
My guys pull AWFUL!!! Thats why I could never walk them. Ill need to be pretty strong on my feet to walk them, so may take awhile longer. My pain is much better, but not completely pain free. New job is TERRIFIC! So so glad to be out of my old place. This is a city job, so I have to get used to the pace and the red tape for everything. I still dont have a desk, just floating around. I dont sit for work, so its not too difficult to be "deskless". I still take a vicodin before I go in, and today was the first day I didnt take one lunchtime. Managed to get through the day OK. When Im home, I dont take any meds. I have been approved for 2 more PT sessions, and was planning on fighting it, but to be honest, I havent been to PT since I started working. Im just too too tired during the week just trying to keep up the pace. I just made a conscious choice to put it on hold for 2 or 3 weeks til I get my endurance back. Once the PT is finished, Ill just join the pool at my job. Wont be heated to 98 degrees like the hydro tank, but at this point in my recovery, its really the strengthening I need. I am definitely still a work in progress, but I can tell I am improving every day, and people are noticing and making positive comments about it...which feels TERRIFIC! I know what you mean about gait...I have to consciously think about not limping (my right leg hurts more than my left). I suppose it will come with strengthening.
 
Hello Gazelle,
HAPPY, HAPPY, KNEE BIRTHDAY !!!!!! 4 months old today..... :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy:
Look at how far you have come :yahoo: :yahoo:
You are an inspiration to all of us,
Continued success on your journey :yes!:
Best wishes to my fellow "June Sunbeam" :SUNsmile:
Diana :friends:
 
Hello Gazelle,
HAPPY, HAPPY, KNEE BIRTHDAY !!!!!! 4 months old today..... :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy:
Look at how far you have come :yahoo: :yahoo:
You are an inspiration to all of us,
Continued success on your journey :yes!:
Best wishes to my fellow "June Sunbeam" :SUNsmile:
Diana :friends:


Thanks Diana:thankyou:! Just got back from my walk... it is getting colder now and I need to start dressing for it! Brrrrr!!!! Knees were a bit cranky with the cold today... my right ankle giving me problems for some unknown reason... swollen:hissy: and sore... but hey, my back feels fine :egypdance:... seems like the pain issues rotate about... can not blame it on old age now can I???.....LOL! No complaints though! Thank-full so much for all that I have been given back and I am looking forward always!! Peace and Love to you and all my bonesmart buddies:SUNsmile:
 
Good Morning Bone Smart friends!

October,10, 2013 Thursday

Hope this finds everyone well wherever you are on your healing journey. Yesterday at PT I found out pretty sure why my right ankle a little bit swollen and sore. Venous insufficiency more likely than not.:sad: Poor circulation probably caused by my right knee. Also anytime you operate on the legs your risk damaging the veins and the ability of those veins to flow as they should. My right knee is the troubled child... I do have issues with adhesions and stiffness in this knee. I also am prone to veins and such on my legs.... SO.... I ordered some compression socks on line and also have a bunch of supplements coming that help leg circulation issues. I hope this issue will not get any worse, and in time better... but since it seems like with this healing journey each day is a new day and I just have to deal with whatever issues come up. Thank Goodness this is not terrible- just irritating and hopefully once I am wearing the stockings and taking the supplements it will ease up.

If Josephine is available to comment on Venous insufficiency after knee surgery... I sure would appreciate her opinion on best things to do for this.

best to everyone. I will update once I start wearing stockings and taking supplements to let you know how things are going... :flwrysmile: Joan
 
Oh no Joan....theres always gotta be 1 that isnt as cooperatve. Did you make an appt with your OS? Is there something that can be done to help it? Sending you healing thoughts! Let me try to call @jose
 
Dear gazelle,
How is your ankle ? Do you ice for circulation problems ? Or would ice slow down your circulation?
I'm sure Josephine will answer soon, with some good advice :) In the mean time, please take it slowly.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana :console2:
 
Thanks everyone for your good thoughts! I am not complaining... just wish I could go a few months without any issues...:gaah: oh well. I would take THESE issues anyday over my OLD issues! I have one compression sock on my right leg up to the knee. It just looks like a knee sock. It does feel good when I have it on. I do not think I need it on my other leg at this time.( the good child). The supplements I ordered will be here probably Tuesday. Lots of good herbs and bioflavinoids to take for blood flow and circulation. Luisa, I go see my OS next month for my checkup so I will see how the ankle swelling and calve pain is doing up until then. He will probably come in and out of that room so fast my head will spin and I will not have time to bring up any "ISSUES" as they usually do not want to address any complaints from what I notice..... Just want to brush you off as "DONE" and any problems addressed as WHAT IS NORMAL and TOO EXPECT. My doctor did a good job on my knees... he has a very little bedside manner. I knew that from the beginning... I picked him because he was the best at knees..... Not for his personality. Down the road I may have to see a vascular surgeon to see if some of these veins can be tied off.. they use laser now and it is much less evasive than in the old days. Until then... socks and supplements.. my own cure for what ails me:umm:
 
Gazelle, honey, how did you learn you have venous insufficiency? Has it been diagnosed by a doctor? Or was it something you found on the internet?

As far as your surgeon goes, I suggest you write him a letter, detailing everything you want to talk to him about and end it by saying something like "I do trust that you will allow me sufficient time to deal with these issues as they are of great concern to me". However, I would also caution you not to expect too much interest if you actually tell him you suspect venous insufficiency as that's a pretty good way to turn off their interest switch!
 
Hi Josephine! Thanks for taking the time to answer! My Physical Therapist had another person( some sort of doctor who was there that day)look at my ankle and the swelling and said she thought that is what it probably was. She thought compression stockings would be good for me. I have to admit that just wearing the stocking one day and the aching in my calf and ankle is much less! Of course that I have venous insufficiency...the symptoms lead to that.... But it is just speculation.
 
Good Morning Gazelle,
How is your ankle today ? Better I hope :) I am glad the stocking is helping. Do ankle pumps help with
The swelling ? I hope your O.S has some answers for you, Write down your questions before your app.
I hope there is an easy answer for your problem :angel:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Good Morning Gazelle,
How is your ankle today ? Better I hope :) I am glad the stocking is helping. Do ankle pumps help with
The swelling ? I hope your O.S has some answers for you, Write down your questions before your app.
I hope there is an easy answer for your problem :angel:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:


Hello Diana! The stockings are a blessing! My right ankle is not swollen now and is less tender. The stockings are terrific! They just look like dress socks. I have some is several colors now. Amazing how good my legs feel with them on! I am also taking herbs and bioflavinoids for blood flow and circulation so those are probably helping me as well. I am my own doctor you know!:) Joan
 
hi gazelle7777 how's things? I have tried to read through all the posts ( all 25 pages ! )but my internet is playing up as usual. May I ask why you were on that machine that cleans and circulates your blood when you had your op ? You can tell me to mind my own business if you want.. I won't be offended ! Have a great day . Mrs C :flwrysmile:
 
Gazelle,
I am glad the stockings are helping, just in time for the cooler weather :) I am glad you are your own Doctor.....
You make house calls & all your visits are free :rotfl:
Good luck with your O.S app.Please keep us posted :ok:
Have a great day,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom