TKR right knee *my first* Date of Operation 3rd October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Being equal i leave next friday after my staples are out. The pain is less and i got Someone to Bring me brufen from home. Ps you cant report them :sos: :hairpulling: :kittykiss: :whistle: :what: nobody in Italy cares a damn. Cant wait to see my cat
 
Daj, I so admire your strength and fortitude! Bless you and your cat! Maggie May


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
 
How is it that you are in Italy for the surgery? And where is home?
 
Oh No DAJ Such horrible things you are enduring over there :yikes: I would like the Dr who told you to stop complaining to feel the pain of a knee replacement for a few days....and we would see him change his tune QUICK!! I hope the next few days go quickly for you, and that you can get home and comfortable with some nice ICE ICE and more ICE. Also...make sure to get to your regular Dr or a pain management Dr to get some REAL pain meds!!
 
In answer to the question. I have been living here in Italy. just got separated. Home is South Africa where I intend to return, South Africa has some of the best surgeons in the world. Many of whom work in the US and a other places to get more international esperience. anyway its done now. :hairpulling: :hissy: :cry: cant wait to get home on thursday
 
I have been to both Italy and South Africa---I would choose South Africa for a knee replacement myself. I had appendicitis in Venice!! Had my surgery there too. My surgeon was so cool--he drove a Ferrari/
 
I'm so sorry you are having such problems DAJ. Prayers and healing wishes coming your way.
Hang in there and Thursday will be here before you know it.:flwrysmile:
 
I have been to both Italy and South Africa---I would choose South Africa for a knee replacement myself. I had appendicitis in Venice!! Had my surgery there too. My surgeon was so cool--he drove a Ferrari/

Its not a question of coolness. And its not that easy a choice with medical care expenses. You need medical care cover. And Ive paid ten years of tax and contributions in Italy. Today i discovered my knee is from Johnson and Johnson Who have been involved in various . Law cases in the USA about the knee replacements they manufacture. there has been various. ReCalls if you google them. So I have something else to worry about now. :headbang: :sos: :tantrum: :gaah:
 
Depuy is e division that Made my knee and they have recalled them.
 
You might want to check which knee and if the problem has been fixed. I have two DePuy knees put in right here in the US by an excellent surgeon - no issues and no recalls for the ones I have and one of them was just placed on Sept 11 and the other one in Jan. 2013. Do not panic without more information.
 
ive done my homework its the sigma that was recalled and thats the part i have from depuy anyhow its 4am here cant sleep due to pain.just managed to post here via my phone . cant wait to have my staples out a td go home. one more night!! fantasising about sleeping on mytummy
 
heres me 12 days in
[Bonesmart.org] right knee *my first* Date of Operation 3rd October 2013
 
The incision looks nice and clean. I know what you mean about taking out the staples. I could not wait to have that done-it is such a wonderful thing not to have that pulling and get to the next step. I hope you get to home soon.
 
OMG Icannot believe it Im home!!!! free from the prisoncamp/hospital.what an awful time. I am going to take a week just to reflect and then start writing letters. Made a steak and salad lunch and walking on my crutches and staples out.see you later
 
Hello Daj,
So glad you are home :) Did you get some decent pain meds ? I certainly hope so. You scar looks
Great. Please keep posting, we care about you :friends:
Diana..."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Good for you!!! Just don't overdo it like I did....take care!
And I know what you mean about the hospital!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
 
my first cup of tea back home was like winning the lottery! Thanks to you all for your wishes.getting lots of love and purrs from my kitty cat.I will do an update later.I intend to take it slow,and yes I have brufen for pain.:happydance: :whistle: :martini: :kittykiss:
 
managed to wash my hair today and put a load of washing in the machine.Went up and down the stairs a few times. feeling OK.:happydance: going to have a midday snooze:egypdance:
 
Must feel fantastic to be home and have a cup of tea when you want and the comfort of your own space plus being able to nap when your body wants with no interruptions. :flwrysmile: :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom