Guest viewing is limited

TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana, glad to hear your son is doing better! Ohhhhh puppies...I LOVE them so!! But YES, so much work potty training them. Someday in the future, I would like to take on a foster dog, but not until I completely "better" and can take on part of the work myself. We have 3 dogs already, so adding a 4th, even for a short while, is like 10X the work. Its hard enough for me to work 5 days a week. Seems like I need to save up all my energy to get through my work week for now. I am not complaining, just super happy I can accomplish this for now! For now, once I get home, I am enjoying all the new TV shows of the season while lying in bed with my legs up!
 
Hi Diana, Queen of the June Sunbeams :SUNsmile:
Great that your son is feeling better. I hope the MRI next week shows what the problem is.
Shame about the puppy (I am a dog lover) as I am sure you would have grown to adore it. However, I agree that cats are much easier - although not ours, she has feline dementia and keeps everyone awake at night with yowling!

I am writing this while strapped on my cpm machine doing my nightly bending session. Good to have a distraction :)
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Alison
 
Good Morning my :friends:,
Up date 4 months......October 3 :yahoo: :yahoo: I wanted everyone to know that in the later weeks, when you
Feel stuck & nothing new is going on...when something happens it is amazing :happydance: example....
Yesterday before the gym I dug my ice machine out of the closet & set it up :sigh:
I went to the gym & got home & didn't need it :shrug: I then went to work & had the first pain- free night ever.
It felt so good. This morning no pain :egypdance: The swelling above my knee is completely gone.
I started just plopping my foot down when I walk, so I am back to saying " heel, toe,heal,toe.
It takes me 20 min. To do 2 miles on the recumbent bike...before I did 5 miles in 20 min. But, I don't care. I go slow
I also do 10 min. On elliptical machine, upper body machines & squats with a ball behind my back :spin:
I also found a way to do the rowing machine...I just keep my feet on the floor instead of the machine.I do gym for
1 hour 2times a week.
I cheat on the stairs, but I get where I have to. :heehee:
I hope my story gives hope to others. I feel I can only get better from here :beg:
I have not 1bad thing to report, it's all good :martini:
Diana...."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Diana that is so great to hear such a positive story for those of us who haven't done it yet.
 
Hi Diana! I have not been updating my thread as.... I just feel so GOOD:happydance:, I do not want to just post that day after day. People would get tired of hearing it!. Sounds like you and I are both winners when it came to this surgery! Everyday I give thanks for these knees, and find some new good thing about them everyday. My four month surgery Aniversary is on Friday.... October 4th. Now I have two birthdays to celebrate... My BIRTH day on October 24, and my NEW LIFE day on June 4th( surgery day!) It is just as important to me as June 4th was getting my life back with these wonderful bionic knees.

To anyone in the process of pre surgery.... do not even question it.n To those who are post surgery in the early few weeks... hang in there.... it really gets better and better and better!!! It is life giving surgery. GO FOR IT!:yahoo:
 
I am so happy for you both...at just on 4 weeks since my TKR I am still dealing with emotional outbursts ..by me !! ( lots of crying! ) and being told by my physio I should have more bend * sigh * XX
 
I am so happy for you both...at just on 4 weeks since my TKR I am still dealing with emotional outbursts ..by me !! ( lots of crying! ) and being told by my physio I should have more bend * sigh * XX

They always say this.... you will get that bend naturally even if you did nothing to push it. You are very early in the program.... Do not fear! Crying is healthy! Let it out! Watch a sad movie! You are on your way to amazing changes in the next few weeks!! By week 7 you will just feel like a new person... look ahead not back... say everyday to yourself " it is getting better and better everyday". Repeat that over and over even when you feel like crying. It really worked for me!:) Joan
 
I'm just hanging on until my surgery, which will be 12/16/13.
I don't know if I want to do it now, if I'm going to have cleaning the tub as one of my achievements with the new knees.:sad: Who wants to do that?
 
:rotfl: :rotfl: :loll:
Hello B's knees, another member got to clean up after her horses & push a wheel barrel full of manure,
She was thrilled :heehee:
We don't take our recoveries lightly :rofsign: Cutting our toenails is another favorite :happydance:
Diana....."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
I'm just hanging on until my surgery, which will be 12/16/13.
I don't know if I want to do it now, if I'm going to have cleaning the tub as one of my achievements with the new knees.:sad: Who wants to do that?

You will have MANY OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS with new knees. Just a few for me: Walking without pain, standing for hours, walking on uneven ground, going for long walks again!, bending knees to pick things up( amazing!), having straight legs from horribly bowed out legs( priceless!:spin:). Finally.... feeling human again- not living in pain every minute of everyday.... all of these in just a few months.... and it is only going to get better... and yes, the tub will be an achievement but not the only one! :yes:
 
thanks gazelle7777..I don't need to watch a sad movie don't worry..the tears come all on their own ! hahaha Frustration..annoyance...fed up....I know it's only just over 4 weeks ..I need to just chill out abit more I think....When I walk around my hubby, trying to help, says to me try to bend your knee when you walk...hey if only I could ...I would !! They just don't get it. !! ..I said to him why don't you look at the ( graphic! ) photos posted on here of an actual knee replacement ( which I am still haunted by ) and he said no way will I look at those...I was hoping he would so he might feel sorry for me ! Is that wrong??!! aaaahhh!! I will get there...........
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEW KNEE :happydance: :happydance: :dancy:
4 months old today...October 3.... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Only 8 more months to go :rotfl: :martini:
Diana....leader of the awesome..."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
LMAO....8 more months to go is right!! I am really hoping that Im 100% A-OK by then. We will have to have a huge party next June!!
 
Dear Diana - so sorry to hear about your son's problems. The spasms sound scary and I hope that the doctors can find out what is going on. Does he have disc problems? My daughter's best friend has been having similar issues with hospital admissions and been on crutches for 2 months because of a disc problem and will be having spinal surgery next week - but she is only 15

Glad though that you are maintaining your fantastic recovery and position as leader of the sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Dear :friends:,
Update....4 months, 1 week, 1day, 6 hours, 17 min., 42 seconds....but, who's counting :rotfl:
I can sit with my legs crossed looking sexy, I can sit cross legged on the ground just in time for
Planting some fall mums this weekend :yes!: I have been going to the gym & have lost 4 lbs.,
16 more to go & I will be very happy :yahoo:
I have no pain when I walk, unfortunately I can't walk 24-7. So a bit stiff until I get moving, then I'm
Good to go. I can't wait to shovel snow this winter, it's a great workout.
I am very careful at the gym, I go slow & build my way up.
I haven't had to use ice in 2 weeks :yes:
I would like to send my best to a few " June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Puffin, Toni, Alison, brownie........I think of you often & :angel: that you are doing well.
My way, gazelle, luisa, scared in C.A, D.S, Sonja,B.W2,... Et al....we can only get better everyday :)
I am so grateful for all my "Bone Smart" :friends:
I love you all,
Diana....Leader of the " June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Queen of the Mighty, Mighty WARRIORS.......... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
 
Good Morning Diana, My 4 month Anniversary Buddy! I can not cross my legs as I have two bad hips, but, I am doing more and more all the time. Like you I get stiff with standing in one place for long periods of time( like doing my hair etc) but once moving the ol' knees feel very good! Shopping is a pleasure now! As is walking again! I do have stiffness at night with my legs which keeps me from a sound sleep... hope this clears up in the months ahead. All In all it was a life giving experience, for me, and I am sure you as well, a positive and powerful one. Only good thoughts past present and future. Onward we go Diana! I bet those mums will be beautiful!:flwrysmile: Hugs and Love! Joan
 
I am writing this while strapped on my cpm machine doing my nightly bending session. Good to have a distraction

Oh dear Horse lady, I'm afraid you caught my Multitask-Mama-Mania-itis! I did this exact same thing on Saturday only my foolish behind pulled something somewhere and sent my knee into setback mode. Boooo :cry:

I was using my laptop as opposed to the IPad and between my height and the up and down motion, something went oopsy. :headbang: Oh, and maybe it was when I decided to stop the machine midstream to finish this post I was on. :umm:50 posts and an hour or so later, I was left with a stiff knee. The exact opposite of the machine's purpose. Whoops, my bad! :sorry: lol Good thing my Bonesmartie P/T came over today and made "all things right again." :tada:

So like D'Diana leader of the mighty-nice warriors would say... It's ALL good. :egypdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom