Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazelle -
I just finished your thread and I almost started to cry!! Your entire story was amazing!! :bow: Thank you so much for posting your daily thoughts here for newbies like me to learn from!! I am still so very scared and excited at the same time. I just want to be "normal"!!! :gaah:
Next goal is to read Roy's story!!
Thanks again, and watch for my story after Dec 2nd!:shocked:
 
Glad my journey helped you prepare for your journey, Kprune! I will look for your healing thread :)
 
Hello Gazelle,
Just checking in with you :) ( I couldn't leave my knee- buddy) I hope you are doing well. I can't sugar coat my
Knee....I am 5 & 1 half months & sore :gaah: I don't know if playing with the dog has anything to do with it :puppysmooze:
My good knee is sore, my replaced knee is sore, my back is sore, my butt is sore ( there I said it ) It is also
Raining here. I feel like I have arthritis all through my body.
Good news is...I don't limp....but, when I limped my whole body didn't hurt :tantrum:
I am back on the roller coaster that is TKR.....When does this ride end ? :groan:
Thanks for letting me vent, thinking of you always :friends:
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
My Six Month Anniversary December 4th, 2013!!!

I actually missed it by one day! I was thinking today was the 4th.... as time goes on... I guess I am less focused on my knees. And that is perfectly normal... getting on with life is what is important. Where my knees used to be the focus of my misery every day... terrible pain from morning into the night... now I am LIVING AGAIN! I have the energy to spend on things I love. Not just my pain. As I move on towards my year anniversary on June 4, 2014... I look forward to life, love and joy for 2014! What a joy having this life giving surgery has been for me. And It will get better over the coming months of healing.

Peace joy and happiness to all my Bone Smart friends! Happy Holidays:beer: and Happy New Year!:SUNsmile: Joan
 
[Bonesmart.org] Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013
Great update, gazelle7777! Thanks so much for sharing your success. It's so wonderful that you are now enjoying life and looking forward to the new year coming up.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
 
Hi Gazelle,
Happy be-lated 6 month Anniversary :yay: :dancy: :happydance: Can you believe how far we have come ?
I am soooooo happy you have no more misery, Pain, discomfort. From now on only Joy, Happiness & a new
Lease on life :yahoo: :yahoo: You have been a truly good :friends: to me on this journey. ( Since the beginning )
So, As we say "It can only get better from here" :yes!:
Thinking of you,
Give "LOLA" a big hug from me :puppysmooze:
Love,
Diana....."JUNE SUNBEAMS" :SUNsmile:
 
gazelle7777
Hi, Knee Buddy,
I hope all is well with you :) I wanted to wish you & your family a wonderful :mer xm: & a wonderful 2014,
With your 2 new knees. I am sure you will do great things :yahoo:
Thinking of you,
Diana :luv4y:
 
Joan, Im glad to hear you are doing so well! How is Lola? Things are getting better day by day with me, although I am not at 100%, there is so much to be grateful for! No pain meds, working every day and making it through! Alot of walking, and well, just living life! Have a wonderful Holiday!! Luisa
 
Where my knees used to be the focus of my misery every day... terrible pain from morning into the night... now I am LIVING AGAIN! I have the energy to spend on things I love.
Congratulations!!! That is a very, very inspirational and uplifting post!!!!

It is great to read that your struggles are over and you are no longer muddling through recovery---now you are enjoying your life and savoring the activities that you cherish so much!
 
It is great that you posted that---others need to read of how you persevered and of your struggles; now, they can read of how you are savoring your activities---there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Thank you for posting it!!! Others will benefit from what you wrote!
 
Hi Joan,
I haven't been on here for a long time. I'm so glad you're doing so well. I'm looking forward to my 6 month anniversary. I'm at 3 1/2 months now. It's going much better, pain is managed now. I'm getting around well. Just looking forward now.

Wish you a very.....
:merry xmas:. I hope 2014 brings you good health, (you're hips settle down and hold out).
Thanks for all of your support. It has meant a lot to me bringing me comfort on some very difficult day.
Love,
 
Hey Gazelle. Just read your thread. I am pre op and it was great to read your story. First off you are vey brave. I suppose I shouldnt assume that my decision to have my rtkr in 50 days will go flawless and that I wouldnt have any dark days. I need to prepare for those days mentally. Anyways thanks for posting your good and bad days. Very informative.
 
@gazelle7777
Hello my surgery "Buddy":friends:I've been thinking of you & Hope you are doing well:)
I know we don't post much ( the newbies don't really know us:heehee:) But, I would like to stay in
Contact with you. I will probably update once a month, so next update will be Jan.3, 2014......
I will be 7 months then:dancy:
A peaceful, joyous Season to you & your Family:huggy santa:
Take Care,
Diana:reindeer::xmas-tree:
 
@gazelle7777
Hello my surgery "Buddy":friends:I've been thinking of you & Hope you are doing well:)
I know we don't post much ( the newbies don't really know us:heehee:) But, I would like to stay in
Contact with you. I will probably update once a month, so next update will be Jan.3, 2014......
I will be 7 months then:dancy:
A peaceful, joyous Season to you & your Family:huggy santa:
Take Care,
Diana:reindeer::xmas-tree:

Hello Sweet Diana! I have been a bit down in the dumps the past week... my left hip( I have two bad hips) has been bothering me when I go on my walk.... feel so betrayed by my body... I just wanted to have maybe a year of feeling normal without issues of arthritis. The good thing is my knees feel very good! Guess I will have to have the hip surgery talk with Surgeon during my one year post op in June for my knees.... I will not go through years of suffering like I did with my knees. I will just get things fixed now as life is too short to suffer in pain. Please keep me in your prayers that my hip pain stops so I can at least go on a walk. Love you! Peace to you and your family too Diana!:xmas-merry:
 
@gazelle7777
Hi Gazelle,
I am so sorry to hear about your hip:sad: It just doesn't seem fair, after all you have been through.
I just sent @puffin my Christmas wish for her. I have 2 left to give....So, here goes.....I :angel:
Your hip behaves & you can enjoy your walks. I :angel:Your spirits lift during this Joyful
Time of year !!!!!!! Please don't wait until June to talk to your surgeon about your hip. There are
Plenty of ways he can help, without surgery. Give him a call after the New Year.
I Do hope you can feel:huggy santa:& :console2:Coming your way...
Love,
Diana:luv4y:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013
bottomshollow
 
Today is my 7th Month BTKR Anniversary!

Just checking in. I am doing well! My knees feel great other than stiffness at night. My Right knee tends to get cranky at night....it is and has always been my problem child. But I am very happy with my healing!

I have to forfeit my walking daily. My left hip is hurting to much and I do not want to wear it out more walking if that is causing the hip to hurt. I feel better now that I have not walked in a week. On my trip to Costco yesterday, it did bother me, but that is a lot of walking. My right hip is also arthritic, but the left is worse of the two

Looks like I may be looking at hip surgery in 2014?? I want to exercise! I will talk to my OS in June during my one year post op for my knees.... Take new X-ray's etc. I do not look forward to surgery, but, since realizing that suffering is not necessary as I did for years with my knees, I will fix my hips instead of suffer.

Happy new year everyone! Update you in February! Joan:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great report on those knees! But sorry to hear you now have hip issues to deal with. Hope you can get that resolved quickly so you're on the road to REAL recovery and back to the life you want.
 
Hello @gazelle7777
Happy Knee Birthday !!!!!!:happydance::yay::spin:7 Months Today........ I am Sorry your hip is bothering you:sorry:
Could you possibly visit your O.S before June. My husbands shoulder has been bothering him & I
Mentioned it to our O.S. I told the doctor my husband didn't want anymore surgery. ( He has a
Replaced shoulder & hip ) O.S said have him come in ....we do more than surgeries, we will help him.
Please make an appointment before June, see what he says.
Thinking of you:friends:Give :puppysmooze: Lola a big hug from me
Diana:snow dig:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom