Recent content by janbgobh

  1. janbgobh

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    @TinAB I am so sorry to hear of your postponement. Three days before my surgery I had a phone call from my surgeon to tell me that my clearances were not all in and my surgery might be postponed. After working so hard to get prepared it was an awful feeling. I’m so sorry it happened to you. Oh...
  2. janbgobh

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Thanks Vonnie. I honestly am not planning on doing anything different. I was fairly lucky to have a smooth recovery. I’m hoping this time around will be the same. This forum really helped to reassure me that what I was going through was not unique and was able to find some excellent advice.
  3. janbgobh

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Hello again Bonesmarties! Left knee was done in 2017 and it’s on to the right. Bonesmart was my lifeline on the first go round and I expect the same for the second. :friends:
  4. janbgobh

    TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

    Yesterday was my first post op visit & the surgeon was very pleased. Gave me a script for outpatient physical therapy. Reminded me that, although I had an easy post op course, knee replacement surgery is a big, big surgery. No subway rides for 2 months unless I'm guaranteed a seat. I just...
  5. janbgobh

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Really sorry you have to go through this. Wishing you a safe, uneventful surgery and recovery!
  6. janbgobh

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Were you able to contact him? how are you doing?
  7. janbgobh

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Is your OS on call today? You might want to place a call to his service so they can let him know what's going on
  8. janbgobh

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Oh, jeez how frightening for you! I hope the recovery from this incident goes smoothly. Rest and heal!
  9. janbgobh

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Hi Nensi, it sounds like you're doing great! About my trip home from the hospital, I'm a city dweller and I don't drive. I've always used public transportation and had planned on using a taxi to get home. However, my boss gave me a couple of vouchers for the car service used by the office for my...
  10. janbgobh

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Just caught up reading your recovery chain. So this is where the party was at! I could have been here discussing shoes and joining in to that virtual dance party! Congrats on your smooth recovery - it sounds like you're doing really well. I've been reading with interest about the lounge...
  11. janbgobh

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    Mister, that is too funny! I think laughter is an important part of the healing process. Your hubby sounds like a funny guy. I got a care package from the office a couple of days ago that contained a fuzzy little beany baby kitty, large bag of crunchy cheetos and many, many peanut butter cups...
  12. janbgobh

    TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

    @becticu, I'm surprised I made it to this point! I work for cardiothoracic surgery in one of the major medical centers in NYC in the billing office. I'm a certified coder. I've worked for them for 33 years :flabber: When I first started I was a girl friday to one of surgeons and then...
  13. janbgobh

    TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

    @becticu I read your job description and you have a tough job! Constantly on your feet and traveling. Do you ever think of finding a less taxing job? I'm lucky. They are actually being very flexible to me at my job. I'm 69 and I told them I would retire at 70. They are trying to convince me to...
  14. janbgobh

    TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

    @kmak81230 I've read your recovery thread and think you are doing great. You've progressed way beyond me. I can see you like challenges so I bet it's really hard for you to slow down! By the way, I see you're in Colorado. My nephew and his girlfriend live in Denver and keep sending gorgeous...
  15. janbgobh

    TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

    @Pheebs52 yes thank you I have recovered from that walk. However there is a Britney Speers song titled "Oops!...I did it again". I am thinking I should adopt the title of that song as my own! :heehee: I keep making the mistake of thinking I'm further than I am until the new girl puts me firmly...
Back
Top Bottom